Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Time Apple in Left Side Drive?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:32 pm

I haven't seen this mentioned in the Left Side Drive article in BOC Pages or mentioned in the forum, so here is something from another boc song im pretty sure im hearing at the beginning:

phpBB [media]

Re: Time Apple in Left Side Drive?

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:55 am

Crystalspike wrote:I haven't seen this mentioned in the Left Side Drive article in BOC Pages or mentioned in the forum, so here is something from another boc song im pretty sure im hearing at the beginning:

phpBB [media]

All Im hearing is a higher pitched piano sample.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:40 am

0:02 to about 0:05 is pretty similar to 0:42 to 0:50, except that (as Flory said) Left Side Drive's version is slightly higher-pitched and has a different chord progression. in my opinion they're not terribly alike and I really don't think that they used Time Apple in Left Side Drive.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Nautilus wrote:0:02 to about 0:05 is pretty similar to 0:42 to 0:50, except that (as Flory said) Left Side Drive's version is slightly higher-pitched and has a different chord progression. in my opinion they're not terribly alike and I really don't think that they used Time Apple in Left Side Drive.

I can definitely hear a piano sample most likely its a other of there own samples.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:54 pm

I always thought I could hear part of the Time Apple sample at about 3:25-3:29 in Chromakey Dreamcoat. Ive never investigated it though

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:00 pm

Crystalspike wrote:I haven't seen this mentioned in the Left Side Drive article in BOC Pages or mentioned in the forum, so here is something from another boc song im pretty sure im hearing at the beginning:

phpBB [media]

Is that you, Jason Sanders?

I will say this sounds close, but I am not convinced.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:00 pm

luminousdusk wrote:I always thought I could hear part of the Time Apple sample at about 3:25-3:29 in Chromakey Dreamcoat. Ive never investigated it though

It sounds like the other loop in that segment, another of the website loops, the name has completely gone from my mind. The one that reminds me heavily of a VHS taped '95 recording of the national lottery.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Could be Gann? While we are on the subject I've been having difficulty getting the atomless flash thing to load. Using Windows explorer, have the flash installed, loads the loading screen but then crashes!

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:27 pm

I think the only remaining modern browser that will still run the atomless site is firefox with the proper shockwave addon/plugin.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:41 pm

747Music wrote:I think the only remaining modern browser that will still run the atomless site is firefox with the proper shockwave addon/plugin.

IE 6 or the one that comes on win 7 also works.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Thanks guys, I have tried it with latest Firefox and shockwave but the page refuses to load at all. Then I gave the latest IE a try and can't get past the loading screen. I'll try an older version of both browsers and see what happens.

Is the 'islands' sim on the atomless site too? Or is that something else entirely? Been a while..

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:30 pm

You need an old version of IE. I had the same problem recently but Windows 10 has a version of IE buried away that itstill runs on.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:23 am

Oh cool. I'm really glad the site is still up, in this day and age it's not often things like that live on

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:54 pm

luminousdusk wrote:Could be Gann? While we are on the subject I've been having difficulty getting the atomless flash thing to load. Using Windows explorer, have the flash installed, loads the loading screen but then crashes!

Its Gann, yes
Glad my vague description helped.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:45 pm

LMAO. Lucky guess
Post a reply