A thread for deciphering voice samples

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
First a disaimer: If there's already a thread for this exact subject please point me in the right direction :)

Now, obviously in BoC's music, there are a ton of little voices here and there, some obvious and some buried deep in the mix. I quite often trawl through each song on bocpages as I listen to them to see if they have any information on vocal samples and quite often there's a long list of speculations on what's being said but for a lot of songs there's not much speculation or info out there.

So this is a dedicated thread for people to post their own speculations on the little vocal samples in BoC's music and hopefully we can try and find some of them.

The thing that made me finally post this was listening to Sherbet Head the other day and noticing for the first time ever that at 0:20 you can clearly hear a male voice say 'it's getting busy......it's getting BUSY!' and having looked on bocpages and searched on here and on Google I can't find another instance of anyone posting this particular sample so it got me thinking how many more little voice samples in BoC's music are there where people are sure they know what's being said? I've seen threads about samples before but they're always geared towards finding the source of samples rather than just trying to decipher what's being said. Again, if this thread exists already, just give me a nudge towards it :)

What does everyone else hear?

Posts Quantity
I hear it! Although what I hear is: "It's getting busy... Really busy!" I listened to it on Apple earbuds which are very heavy on the treble, lol.

BoC pages just says "a phrase said twice by a third voice (0:20-0:24)" without an interpretation, whereas most of the time an interpretation is listed in a given song. Interesting!

Return to Boards of Canada