strangest place to hear boc

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
I couldn't find the link to the specific clip, but I remember seeing a bit from this program where Alex James from Blur was undergoing a study on weight loss. Came after a Blur phase and combing Youtube. His contention was that dairy (he's a cheese-maker, I guess) actually helps one lose more weight, and he had to go through different dietary trends for a two weeks and send his feces to a lab for fat content analysis.

"Hey Saturday Sun" was played pretty prominently during the segment. That warranted a double-take.

Last edited by Fredd-E on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

Posts Quantity
was that documentary about the Blackmetal scene in Sweden already mentioned? I think two tracks from geogaddi were played there

hardly gets weirder than that if you ask me

Eagle Minded
I hear a lot of BoC, Aphex, Four Tet etc… on reality documentaries on French TV, so much so I often wonder if I shouldnt become a Sound Engineer or whatever for TV programs. It would be such an easy job, just shuffle my iTunes and let the money come in. Probably not too much fun though…

Dayvan Cowboy
Gave somebody this experience today. CD arrived before I left for work so I took it with me and fired a couple of slightly more acceptable tracks it on the PA. I work at Tesco. :P a customer approached me when new seeds was on and asked :) made my day

Eagle Minded
not sure if it was said, but gyroscope was on the horror movie "Sinister".

the movie was "alright" but I liked it more when the track came on :D
you don't care to hear until you listen

New Seed
MadameChaos wrote:Wow, too many feels to express myself. I'd better post a gif.

Haha, they usually use music like that, I even think they played some Machinedrum, or was it Autechre?
Anyway, hearing Windowlicker, Come To Daddy and Dayvan Cowboy on Top Gear is great, especially since the editing is flawless. :)

Eagle Minded
Heartbreaking episode of Panorama on just now on BBC 1 about war veterans with PTSD and in the midst of it all Sundown plays over images of the war torn middle east. Is this the first spot for a Tomorrow's Harvest song in this context?

Boqurant
I was also watching this, IronMark. It was heart wrenching.

Also, from the new album, i think it is.
1999 in the sunshine

Site Admin
Life is a Frequency

Telepath

sad but true. Two songs off tomorrows harvest, both completely inappropriate (yolo beach party interview?).

Aesthetics wrote:http://youtu.be/xsdvy-AXuBI?t=1m

Remember watching that when it was first broadcast 8)

Slow down...

Boqurant
this review i had watched for a couple of weeks, then one day i watched his 3DO review and the drums in the background caught my attention, and there it was. Nlogax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsLfXQUhik8 i couldnt believe it!!!!!
seeya

Posts Quantity
Got Chromakey Dreamcoat on in my local atm... Got reach for the dead next on the dukebox. Don't know how the rest of the pub will feel about it. Lol

Dayvan Cowboy
Went to see Phill Jupitus's free show at the Edinburgh Fringe (Porky the Poet). Before he came on, they played a bunch of the tracks from Trans Canada Highway.

Dayvan Cowboy
so I was outside on the umass campus orchard hill area (buncha big green open fields) listening to boards of canada on my laptop and I hear some sort of orchestral sweep off in the background though it's pretty loud... Soon I recognize that someone is blasting Sundown from their dorm room. :D
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Eagle Minded
One of the stranger experiences of my life... a couple years ago when I liked BoC a lot but wasn't quite as into them as I am now, I was sitting in a coffee shop, typing a response on some other forums. We were talking about music, and I was talking about how it'd be cool to mix a BoC sound with such and such other influences. I was wearing headphones. Don't remember what I was listening to, if anything. But just as soon as I as typing that sentence about BoC I realized that I was hearing BoC, and it dawned on me that it was playing in the coffee shop. Pretty sure it was from Geogaddi but I don't remember.

TaoTapeTao wrote:so I was outside on the umass campus orchard hill area (buncha big green open fields) listening to boards of canada on my laptop and I hear some sort of orchestral sweep off in the background though it's pretty loud... Soon I recognize that someone is blasting Sundown from their dorm room. :D

Was it intentional, like with the speakers facing outside open windows?
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Dayvan Cowboy
egbdf wrote:One of the stranger experiences of my life... a couple years ago when I liked BoC a lot but wasn't quite as into them as I am now, I was sitting in a coffee shop, typing a response on some other forums. We were talking about music, and I was talking about how it'd be cool to mix a BoC sound with such and such other influences. I was wearing headphones. Don't remember what I was listening to, if anything. But just as soon as I as typing that sentence about BoC I realized that I was hearing BoC, and it dawned on me that it was playing in the coffee shop. Pretty sure it was from Geogaddi but I don't remember.

TaoTapeTao wrote:so I was outside on the umass campus orchard hill area (buncha big green open fields) listening to boards of canada on my laptop and I hear some sort of orchestral sweep off in the background though it's pretty loud... Soon I recognize that someone is blasting Sundown from their dorm room. :D

Was it intentional, like with the speakers facing outside open windows?

No they were just listening to it very loudly in their room, I could hear it pretty well and it was a good ways across the field lol.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Eagle Minded
Mdjaer wrote:
MadameChaos wrote:Wow, too many feels to express myself. I'd better post a gif.

Haha, they usually use music like that, I even think they played some Machinedrum, or was it Autechre?
Anyway, hearing Windowlicker, Come To Daddy and Dayvan Cowboy on Top Gear is great, especially since the editing is flawless. :)

Nice profile picture

Dayvan Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada