strangest place to hear boc

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
The track Bocuma was playing over a BBC breakfast report on the creator of the internet this morning!

Anyone else catch that?
I wish my flatmates would shut up

Not strange, but 11 minutes into a nice David Firth interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wARTupdJVW8
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Sherbet Head
it was not a strange place to hear BOC

but i was just flipping through some television channels, when i was greeted with the track "twoism" in the background of an adult swim commercial on cartoon network.

it was def. a nice little bit of excitement.

Friendly Stranger
Swedish show Kobra did an episode about South American UFO hunters and they used Tomorrow's Harvest a couple of times... Went along really well with the dry and barren environments coupled with the sci-fi theme.

http://www.svtplay.se/kobra 05:45 for Reach for the Dead, White Cyclosa at 25:53, and then another song right after that I can't for the FUCKING life of me remember the name of.

Nova Scotia Robot
RAJVAC wrote:Swedish show Kobra did an episode about South American UFO hunters and they used Tomorrow's Harvest a couple of times... Went along really well with the dry and barren environments coupled with the sci-fi theme.

http://www.svtplay.se/kobra 05:45 for Reach for the Dead, White Cyclosa at 25:53, and then another song right after that I can't for the FUCKING life of me remember the name of.

The last song is Music is Math.

Eagle Minded
so rather than start a new thread I figure I would post this in here

After binging on the Serial podcast and craving more like it I was recommended Criminal, similar concept but every episode deals with a different case. Anyways the first episode I listened to was also the newest one, episode 14, The Fifth Suspect. At 6:23 I was shocked to hear Turquoise Hexagon Sun kick in.

Not sure if there's more BoC featured throughout the series but this show just grabbed my attention in a big bad way. Great content and someone working on it has a great taste in music!
If you're not happy looking a knob in the face, there's something wrong. - Karl Pilkington

Dayvan Cowboy
Someone in my house was watching a Horizon episode on the search for exo planets, and in the middle of it I just shouted "Hey! Boards of Canada!!!"

Dayvan Cowboy was the track.

Posts Quantity
A Dutch TV Program and Sex & Drugs. Someone visited an underground drug lab where speed was made. Reach For The Dead came up! https://youtu.be/2NiIwFAr-7U?t=10m14s

Afterwards Semena Mertvykh plays! (:

Boqurant
Went indoor rock climbing the other day and didn't recognise the music, but was really enjoying it. Next minute, Alpha and Omega comes on! Best song to rock climb to, seriously. A bit later on Aquarius was played as well. Their music has made we want to go climbing at that place regularly!

Friendly Stranger
I was watching a BBC panorama on abuse in the elderly care system and Pete standing alone followed by Tears from the compound eye played for a few seconds. Nothing unusual though. I also like the use of Olson version 3 in one of Louis Theroux's documentaries. Both on the BBC to the best of my knowledge but it is good to hear them getting some subtle exposure. I am pretty sure anyone who watches documentaries has heard BoC without knowing it at some point.

Eagle Minded
heard transmisiones ferox used in the latest episode of 99% invisible, children of the magenta
If you're not happy looking a knob in the face, there's something wrong. - Karl Pilkington

Sherbet Head
I think the only instance I've had of hearing BoC in an unexpected setting is the one Million Dollar Extreme video (and obviously Salad Fingers). I mentioned Music is Math to my theory teacher in 11th grade and he said it sounded like a familiar song title, but he didn't recognize the names Boards of Canada or Geogaddi.

Sherbet Head
Someone at the bbc has a major boner for boc

Just heard davyan cowboy in a "secrets of china" doc - depressing af, it was about chinese education system/ boot camp type things

Nice Horizon documentary on BBC2 right now about alternative universes. So far we've had Gemini, Reach for the Dead and Dayvan Cowboy.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
It seems BBC, or some particular journalists therein, have a host of documentaries with boards of canada woven in to them somewhere. I was watching the travel show (on BBC news before breakfast) and this man was in a futuristic chinese street laden with lights and glass and plastic and just as Nothing is real started to play in my head it was played on the television. I thought I was hallucinating at first.

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh and of course, if it hasn't already been mentioned, the episode of Top gear where they have to drive in to Chernobyl has New Seeds and Gemini.

(Semi) interesting side story. First time I saw Stars of the Lid live, back around 2007, I sold my spare ticket to a BBC TV producer outside the gig who wanted to see the support band (Rameses III). BBC Guardianista pinko leftie types y'see. They'd fit right in with BOC ;-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
LOL. Those wishy washy lefties huh? Real men don't listen to beatless music.

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:Nice Horizon documentary on BBC2 right now about alternative universes. So far we've had Gemini, Reach for the Dead and Dayvan Cowboy.

That was fascinating, really nice use of BOC too.

Anyone notice the use of Eels too? Mark Everett is the son of Hugh Everett, the man who proposed the idea of parallel universes.

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada