strangest place to hear boc

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Distant Nebulus wrote:There is a steak house in the uptown area of Minneapolis, MN called "Birch". The owner has a unique playlist and features selections from Boards of Canada and Black Moth Super Rainbow, among many others. Almost every time I have eaten there, i've heard Gyroscope and Early 70's Gymnastics playing. Strange tracks for a high-end steak house.

Thats awesome! I live in North Eastern Minneapolis and we have a coffee shop that has played Chromakey Dreamcoat and '84 Pontiac Dream. Nice to meet ya!

New Seed
Mika Hakkinen Teaches Captain Slow to Drive - Top Gear - BBC 2009

Boards Of Canada - Hey Sunday Sun

https://youtu.be/2bmqdnx5R1U?t=4m22s

Nova Scotia Robot
7uca5 wrote:Mika Hakkinen Teaches Captain Slow to Drive - Top Gear - BBC 2009

Boards Of Canada - Hey Saturday* Sun

https://youtu.be/2bmqdnx5R1U?t=4m22s

BOC Elitist hijacking!!!! ...Nah, just a bad day for my OCD. sorry for the unnecessary correction. We all knew what you meant. :]

Eagle Minded
Out and about.

Sherbet Head
Soul_Slip wrote:
Distant Nebulus wrote:There is a steak house in the uptown area of Minneapolis, MN called "Birch". The owner has a unique playlist and features selections from Boards of Canada and Black Moth Super Rainbow, among many others. Almost every time I have eaten there, i've heard Gyroscope and Early 70's Gymnastics playing. Strange tracks for a high-end steak house.

Thats awesome! I live in North Eastern Minneapolis and we have a coffee shop that has played Chromakey Dreamcoat and '84 Pontiac Dream. Nice to meet ya!

Good to see there are other fans in the area! I actually picked up a copy of Twoism on CD at the electric fetus in like 2008-2009. I was also pretty stoked to hear reach for the dead played on 89.3 afew different times. I think it's the first like 60 seconds of happy cycling used to be/maybe still is in one of their adverts, so the first time I heard it playing behind the DJ's voice I was seriously confused..couldn't put my finger on what the song was even though i had listened to it many times. I live across the st. croix in WI and honestly I haven't heard much BOC or the like played over here, just dayvan cowboy once at a sushi place. I have been hearing more Underworld when i'm out and about though, i'm down with that.
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Eagle Minded
Reach For The Dead is featured in the winter sports game, Steep. I was quite shocked to hear it pop up. Love the game even more now.
If you're not happy looking a knob in the face, there's something wrong. - Karl Pilkington

Eagle Minded
Outside at the top of the Burj Khalefa....well not the really expensive top but almost....ouch.

I KNOW RIGHT?

Was kinda sublime. Recalibrated my head a little bit in the middle of the tourist machine.

J

Posts Quantity
Jinjur wrote:Outside at the top of the Burj Khalefa....well not the really expensive top but almost....ouch.

I KNOW RIGHT?

Was kinda sublime. Recalibrated my head a little bit in the middle of the tourist machine.

J

That's quite epic! I probably would have geeked out in that situation and made a scene, lol. What song was it?

I heard a song from TH play in a bar in Montreal in 2016, and when I complimented the server/bartender on his choice of music and ordered more beer, he played another half-dozen songs from that album. He earned his tip! :mrgreen:

Site Admin
https://brandpuntplus.kro-ncrv.nl/broadcasts/13847/ @6:44 (not sure if it the link works outside Holland)
A mini doc about the global bee distinction due to the Varoa mite and a possible solution by creating a "super bee" which is resistant to the mite. Actually not a strange place to hear Reach for the Dead at all!
Life is a Frequency

Eagle Minded
(replying to the subject of the topic)

Everywhere, actually. Or nowhere. I don't even really know at this point.

Dayvan Cowboy
Jinjur wrote:Outside at the top of the Burj Khalefa....well not the really expensive top but almost....ouch.

I KNOW RIGHT?

J

Wait, wait, wait. They genuinely played BoC at the Burj Khalefa? Was this someone playing it of their own volition or actual licensed music being used by the people who own the building/ staff?

I wish I could get my music on the luxury hotel PA system circuit. That would be nice.

Eagle Minded
This has likely been posted already but I happened to come across this BBC 9/11 documentary that features Rue The Whirl at 3:10 and then leads into Kid For today. This is one 911 documentary I've never seen before. There's something so haunting about knowing how that day unfolds. The shock and confusion is something that still has a hold on me to this day whenever I think back to the day.

https://youtu.be/irSApCfiyWE
If you're not happy looking a knob in the face, there's something wrong. - Karl Pilkington

Happy Cycler
phpBB [media]

Roygbiv's in the background of this Australian satirist's video.

Funnily enough, it's a vid which is taking the piss out of the station which I mentioned in this thread about 10 years ago playing BoC's music.
(they don't play it any more)

New Seed
Sick Times while walking in front of a second hand clothing shop on a street in Saratov, Russia. I was absolutely amazed, to say the least. It was a Monday morning, so I figured the guy manning the shop was bored out of his mind and put some of his tunes while there were no clients around.

Dayvan Cowboy
Lancer21 wrote:Sick Times while walking in front of a second hand clothing shop on a street in Saratov, Russia. I was absolutely amazed, to say the least. It was a Monday morning, so I figured the guy manning the shop was bored out of his mind and put some of his tunes while there were no clients around.

very cool.
Does BoC have a decent following in Russia? I've been seeing a fair few comments in Cyrillic on their videos.

Eagle Minded
An Eagle In Your Mind sampled in a live gig by noise rock group The Dead C.
phpBB [media]
WOOP WOOP IT'S THE SOUND OF THE AGEISPOLIS

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Friendly Stranger
Some BOC tracks in a video about the 'FHRITP Guy'. why not

Eagle Minded
Hexamerous wrote:Some BOC tracks in a [url=<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN-LZhIIzf0]video" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>youtube</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>watch</span><span>?</span><span>v</span><span>=</span><span>MN</span><span>-</span><span>LZhIIzf0</span><span>]</span><span>video</span></a> about the 'FHRITP Guy'[/url]. why not

this guy uses boc in a lot of his videos. i first noticed this on his video about tourettes guy where he used mukinabaht, sick times and kid for today

New Seed
"Jenson Button drives 2009 Brawn BGP001 car around Silverstone." used by Sky Sports F1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhZj536_y_Q

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada