Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:49 am

the more i read these threads/posts w/"it is going to happen real soon!", the more it makes me feel that boc are actually not together anymore. i concur with the peeps who state that they have doubts about trusting "net people" telling them what's what here...i wouldn't be surprised if boc had pulled another hell interface, and already have several new albums out on an inde label we never heard of...i'm gonna go listen to skimming stones...

Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:21 am

m.oreilly wrote:the more i read these threads/posts w/"it is going to happen real soon!", the more it makes me feel that boc are actually not together anymore. i concur with the peeps who state that they have doubts about trusting "net people" telling them what's what here...i wouldn't be surprised if boc had pulled another hell interface, and already have several new albums out on an inde label we never heard of...i'm gonna go listen to skimming stones...

That's ridiculous. They've got contracts, and they would never be able to release on another label under a different alias without word of it leaking. That sounds more like a promotion stunt, which isn't what they are about.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:54 am

isawdrones wrote:
m.oreilly wrote:the more i read these threads/posts w/"it is going to happen real soon!", the more it makes me feel that boc are actually not together anymore. i concur with the peeps who state that they have doubts about trusting "net people" telling them what's what here...i wouldn't be surprised if boc had pulled another hell interface, and already have several new albums out on an inde label we never heard of...i'm gonna go listen to skimming stones...

That's ridiculous. They've got contracts, and they would never be able to release on another label under a different alias without word of it leaking. That sounds more like a promotion stunt, which isn't what they are about.

well, i don't know the wording in their contract(s), their manager(s), or anyone personally connected to them. and i don't know them. you are representing yourself as an insider? cool...when does the next album come out? i hear most else here going on and on as to what "they are about"...these threads and posts have become much more entertaining/nauseating as time wears on...

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:52 am

mdg wrote:But if you can be patient, these tracks will come out, and a whole lot you won't have heard yet too. Asides from that, let me just say once again for the record, there's a new album coming out first, and maybe more. No dates yet, but they are definitely coming.

Fredd-E wrote:I reckon if they put those tracks as digital downloads, like Autechre did, it would get massive positive feedback and revenue ;)

The sole perspective of a new album and a Box-set is simply jaw dropping, but I think it could be a little counterproductive if we suddenly got lots and lots of new and old material released back-to-back.

It was (counterproductive) for me with Autechre... so I hope first there's one release and then, after a couple of years or so, the other one, in order to avoid any kind of overdose.

And thanks once more mdg, I know you would tell us more if you could.... :wink:

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:07 am

m.oreilly wrote:well, i don't know the wording in their contract(s), their manager(s), or anyone personally connected to them. and i don't know them. you are representing yourself as an insider? cool...when does the next album come out? i hear most else here going on and on as to what "they are about"...these threads and posts have become much more entertaining/nauseating as time wears on...

I'm always very sceptic about information but this is something else. mdg has proven himself in the past on the watmm messageboard. There is only one worse scenario: mdg on this forum isn't the one on watmm but that's almost out of the question.

Time will tell...

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:09 am

Aesthetics wrote:There is only one worse scenario: mdg on this forum isn't the one on watmm but that's almost out of the question.

He's the very same. Don't doubt.

How cool would it be if mdg doesn't really exist, but is just a moniker/disguise for one of the boc guys ;-) Think about it... it could make sense.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:16 am

Fredd-E wrote:He's the very same. Don't doubt.

You are right, I forgot about it, just woke up....

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:19 am

m.oreilly wrote:
isawdrones wrote:

well, i don't know the wording in their contract(s), their manager(s), or anyone personally connected to them. and i don't know them. you are representing yourself as an insider? cool...when does the next album come out? i hear most else here going on and on as to what "they are about"...these threads and posts have become much more entertaining/nauseating as time wears on...

What "they are about" does get played out a bit, but its backed up by what they've said and done in the past. After listening to their music and reading their interviews it is just a logical conclusion that they simply wouldn't do some lame gimmicky thing like that(at least not at this point). It doesn't take an "insider"...

Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:59 am

Fredd-E wrote:
Cupz wrote:No offence...but since when can we trust anyone on the net?
Because mdg has proven himself in the past on the watmm messageboard. By spreading legit information in advance.

I'm glad we've got MDG on board on our forum as well.

Didn't we say the same thing about...joyrex I believe he was called?

Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:03 pm

so basiclly we are where we were ages ago. no proof of the existance of the old releases and a half hearted commitment to an old tunes box set.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:00 pm

novayshun wrote:so basiclly we are where we were ages ago. no proof of the existance of the old releases and a half hearted commitment to an old tunes box set.

my thoughts exacly.

and how are things going in lego-city?

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:03 pm

Cupz wrote:
novayshun wrote:so basiclly we are where we were ages ago. no proof of the existance of the old releases and a half hearted commitment to an old tunes box set.

my thoughts exacly.

and how are things going in lego-city?

Tactile

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:11 pm

I can believe that...

Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:56 pm

Just interested:
what are you expecting from a message board like this? More than some white words on a grey background?

The proof you demand can only be the semi-announced box-set. Until you get this in your hands, don't expect anyone here to give you more than what you seek in here: some speaking.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:14 am

rdy2bz wrote:Just interested:
what are you expecting from a message board like this? More than some white words on a grey background?

some gray words on a blue background

Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:02 am

isawdrones wrote:

Some black words in a light grey background.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:04 am

turquoise70 wrote:
isawdrones wrote:

Some black words in a light grey background.

i think rdy was being metatorical...

Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:43 am

isawdrones wrote:...it is just a logical conclusion that they simply wouldn't do some lame gimmicky thing like that(at least not at this point). It doesn't take an "insider"...

you are to look through the kaleidoscope, not insert it in your anus...

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:26 am

The proof you demand can only be the semi-announced box-set. Until you get this in your hands, don't expect anyone here to give you more than what you seek in here: some speaking.

i won't believe the old stuff exists until i see photo's/scans of the actual items in question. i'm sure that's not within the realms of impossibility.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:01 pm

I think the old tapes are officially mentioned in the biography text of the campire headphase.
what might seems strange are the "square" (like cd) artworks for those old releases.
i bet that the original cassette art for "catalog 3" must have been different of the cd reissue.

Anyway, in case someone from the hexagon sun HQ read this: please include skimming stones in forthcoming archives material.
Post a reply