Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Hi everyone,

Some of you may recognize me from the BoC subreddit, where I have been posting for the last few months. You may also know me as the moderator of the Radiohead subreddit. I've been listening to BoC for probably around 8 years now, however I've only just recently gotten into the obsessive "collect all rare unreleased live material" and "speculate wildly on future releases" phase, so that's why I'm here. I've been over on AtEaseWeb speculating and discussing new Radiohead releases for nearly a decade and now I'm here to do the same. :)

See Ya Later
-seaburn

Seems like a natural fit ;-) From one mod to another, welcome.

Slow down...

New Seed
Hi there :D

Friendly Stranger
Hello, I like Banter of Cameroon music.

New Seed
Hey I'm Tom!

Been listening to these guys for fourteen years! Always something new to learn

Welcome to our new friends. Tom, you're over in Japan? I have friends over there, where abouts you located?

Slow down...

New Seed
Hi everyone. I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I'm such a massive BoC fan, possibly the most obsessive in Australia (haha) with my forensic-level detailed fandom going back to pre-Campfire Headphase days. I've got quite a collection of albums and vinyls, I even printed some very obscure white tshirts with ------/------/------/XXXXXX/------/------ on the front in the Tomorrow's Harvest font back in 2013 (nobody ever stopped me to tell me they knew what it meant, unsurprisingly)... yet have always been a twoism.org lurker. About time I sign up and contribute. As for what I do... I'm actually a downtempo singer-songwriter producer of what I call "soulwave" music. The BoC influence features very heavily in my productions. As does The Postal Service, James Blake, and more mainstream soul/Alt-RnB crooning from the likes of The Weeknd, Drake and Frank Ocean. I'm drip-releasing a huge body of work this year to add to what's already come. If you're interested, follow me anywhere practical for you: search "Spectoral".

If you're in Australia, I'd love to hear from you. I know so very few other BoC fans, certainly none active on Twoism.

As for my first question, has anybody actually succeeded in figuring out where Hexagon Sun is? I've often wondered what the brothers are producing (or teaching?) or involved with in a musical capacity when they're not BoCing. Like all producers the call to build a career around more than just a single musical project must be huge, especially seeing as they have a studio and a whole collection of musical talent hovering around Edinburgh. Anyone got any insights?

Respect,
Spectoral

New Seed
Hey all! My name's Willow, I'm in Philly, and I've been basically obsessed with BOC since I was 13 or 14. Geogaddi's my favorite album of all time (it's kinda become... spiritual to me? idk how to explain it). I love how much there is in the music and how many layers of hidden details there are. I was a little disappointed with Tomorrow's Harvest (it doesn't have the same feeling or detail to me) but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it's still pretty great.

Oh, I also make music under 'cigazze', and I'm over on RYM at ~jokullmusic. Also, I think I have a few friends on here, but idk their usernames. So yeah, nice to meet yall!
c o r s a i r

Welcome both! Make yourself at home.

Slow down...

New Seed
Hi all! I've been a fan of BoC for a couple of years now. I look forward to sharing my love of BoC.
Can't afford a trip to Vegas? Don't waste your time! You can find online slot machine games and play for free at 777extraslot.com. Why not give it a shot?

Telepath
Welcome Nickolas. Euhm...There's a bit of online gambling stuck to your shoe.

Eagle Minded
Hello everyone!
My name is Nick and I have been a "Cosechian" ;) for at least 10+ years. I used to be into Nirvana and grunge and never knew anyone could make music like the brothers do. My good friend David showed them to me one night. He took his own life a week later. Since that day, I have not been able to get enough of them. I need my daily BOCamins lol
Nirvana inspired me to pick up a guitar, but BOC inspired me to expand my consciousness through secret existential musical subliminals/mystical radio waves that they seem to always "inject" into their music haha and I now write experimental instrumental music in the band "Soul Slip". If anyone cares to check it out, listen at soulslip.bandcamp.com or soundcloud.com/soul_slip. I'm excited to be a part of this community.

Welcome. Another old grunge fan here. Sounds like a tough intro to BOC. Glad you can still listen to them!

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Thanks! Yeah it was rough, his death ended up leading to the death of another mutual friend who was also a die hard Boards fan. I would say it strengthened my relationship with BOC. The Campfire Headphase was my introduction to them. Dayvan Cowbow was the song my friend David showed me. He asked me, I am a music collector, if you want anything, let me know. I replied, "yeah, actually.... Do you have anything that I will never get sick of and can find any emotion to listen with?" He said, "...hmmm, does it have to have singing?"
"I said,... Preferably no!" And here I am, changed my life forever.
Glad to meet a fellow grungie! Have always loved the song "Sappy" by Nirvana. How about you?

Not much by Nirvana I don't like to be honest. Kurt's voice was untouchable. Was always more of a Soundgarden nut though. Was lucky enough to catch Alice In Chains on their first UK tour as well, right after Facelift came out.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Soul_Slip wrote:Yeah it was rough, his death ended up leading to the death of another mutual friend who was also a die hard Boards fan.

And the causal chain of suicides continues to this day, like some sick and ceaseless domino show.

Eagle Minded
Indeed, but where I am from, far north near us canada border, we have very low yearly light levels and mental illness is common. I spend a lot of time in nature and in my studio. Soundgarden is also a fav of mine.

Eagle Minded
Soul_Slip wrote:Indeed, but where I am from, far north near us canada border, we have very low yearly light levels and mental illness is common. I spend a lot of time in nature and in my studio. Soundgarden is also a fav of mine.

I believe that you believe that. :) I'm from Canada and we live in eternal night.

Friendly Stranger
Hi all, I'm from the Northeast Coast of the US and have been listening to BOC for about 5 years now. One or two of you might know me as the most active moderator of the subreddits for Oneohtrix Point Never and Boris. My favorite artist is Lone, but aside from Boards of Canada, I also love Sam Prekop, Pearl Jam, Plaid, and Wilco among others. I enjoy hiking and nature, libertarian politics, bedroom DJing and production, and I'm very proud of my digital music library.
If you asked me for my favorite BOC track, it would be Under the Coke Sign.

Eagle Minded
Echo the Sun wrote:
I believe that you believe that. :) I'm from Canada and we live in eternal night.[/quote]

Yikes, I can imagine that but I suppose humans have been living in these conditions for centuries so oh well... nice to meet you!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada