Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
Hello all. Just decided to make an account on here as I've been lurking a while, but with the release of the new remix I decided now would be a good time to take the plunge and register here. I've been pretty active on the BOC subreddit before now but this place seems a fair bit more active and focused than the sub can be. Look forward to interacting with you guys and discussing BOC's wonderful music!
"It would be wise to remember that the same people who would stop you from listening to Boards of Canada may be back next year to complain about a book, or even a TV program. If you can be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think. "

New Seed
Never heard of BOC until last week. A friend of my told me about them, loving their music so far :D
You're putting me on!
We're going to try it, you ever try it?
You're putting me on!
I'm turning you on!
You're putting me on! Where did you get that stuff?
Oh, Nikki's growing a patch out in the backyard
Come on, you're putting me on
Yeah, he's putting you on, he's a brat!
Uh-huh
Sure, sure!

Dayvan Cowboy
"New seed" here. I actually used to frequent this forum several years ago, but I felt I had to make new account if I wanted to come back as I was most likely a massive tosser back then. I probably still am but that's beside the point :D
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Nova Scotia Robot
rodox_head wrote:"New seed" here. I actually used to frequent this forum several years ago, but I felt I had to make new account if I wanted to come back as I was most likely a massive tosser back then. I probably still am but that's beside the point :D

Hahaha. Welcome back. 8) We've all grown a bit as people since joining... that's not true. Some of us have grown... nope, wrong again. We're all tossers here, there I said it. lol :lol: jk, I (we) love you all.

Just beware: If a man with six eyes approaches you and asks for copies of your music, send him some Brittany Spears hits instead.

Trihard wrote:Never heard of BOC until last week. A friend of my told me about them, loving their music so far :D

Welcome! Pretty cool that you found your way here quite fast. If you become enthralled in their music and seek a list of hard to find stuff, please check out http://bocpages.org/wiki/Discography
Bocpages.org is your friend. :)
What BoC did you get introduced with?

Posts Quantity
Yellow. My name is Xaugh. I zerox my laugh's. Can you copy my mind. No you cannot.

Oh you're gonna fit right at home with this bunch of loons. Welcome :lol:

Slow down...

New Seed
Hello all.Been lurking for a short while now so decided to introduce myself as I would love to be involved in any discussion regarding boc,and thought I would tell my own story. I was introduced to boc many years ago now by my older brother. I was around 17 or 18 when he gave me a copy of Geogaddi and I will admit I thought it was odd to say the least. I remember appreciating how unique it was but could not listen to it for long periods of time. It was a couple of years later, and I was doing sound production at college and trying my hand at making some beats of my own when I decided to search through my collection for my brothers copy of Geogaddi,and it was then when something clicked. It was an other worldy feeling listening to this album. Now it wasn't just unique but majestic, it opened my mind to what music can and should be. Then came the other albums and songs,old tunes etc. I'll never forget discovering it all,it was sheer bliss. That was over ten years ago now and I will listen to them for the rest of my days. Bit of a long post but many thanks for takimg the time to read. Would love to hear some more stories about how people discovered boc. Cheers

Friendly Stranger
Hello all dear fellow BOC devotees! Good to be here among the community at last. Have been listening to the brothers for many moons. Look forward to the future, and all the interdimensional conversations to come.

Nova Scotia Robot
darling_candy wrote:Hello all dear fellow BOC devotees! Good to be here among the community at last. Have been listening to the brothers for many moons. Look forward to the future, and all the interdimensional conversations to come.

May Chas Dimensional and Sauce Minor smile upon you, my fellow Canadian. Welcome to our awesome corner of the web. It's corner six, for the record.
Stick around. When BoC puts out new stuff, this place lights up.

Don't forget to check out the "This Random Sound" forum section for music by many of us here on twoism, as well as some top notch recommendations. Please don't be shy to contribute in sharing your own tunes too, if you're so inclined.

Cheers,
Tyler

New Seed
Kinda new to this forum in particular but I've been a Boards fan for a couple of years. Have done fanworks for some of their stuff too!
- Harun / BLUE INSTINCT

New Seed
Howdy, I'm Carson. I'm 14 and I've been a BoC fan since I was 8. Nowadays I tend to listen to more noise rock (Lightning Bolt, Zach Hill, that sorta stuff) more than anything but I probably listen to at least a BoC track a day. So uh yeah, I've been lurking here for a while, and it seems like a pretty lax, cool community so I figured I'd go ahead and make an account.

Eagle Minded
Greetings y'all. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm 26, I live in Wales, and I'm a self-confessed BoCaholic.

I've been a casual fan of BoC for around 11 years, but that developed into die-hard status around the time Tomorrow's Harvest came out.

My favourite Boards album changes on a daily basis (today it's Geogaddi) but my favourite EP will always be IABPOITC.

I look forward to conversing with you all. Thanks for 'avin me!

Posts Quantity
*stops acting super shy*

Hey, I'm PresidentSquidward (my username for a SpongeBob fansite I go on and use for other sites), but you can call me Prez for short. I discovered Boards of Canada in June this year when I kept hearing people talk about it on sites such as Youtube when listening to other people's music, so I decided to give them a try, and became obsessed with them. I've listened to all of their found discography, and honestly, I don't think there's a song I hate from them. :P

I feel discovering Boards and the ambient/downtempo electronic genre helped me go through my rough summer with lack of sleep and nutrition due to getting off of a medication for my Tourette Syndrome. I came here because I saw someone mention in the New Release Speculation Topic claiming that they deleted their recent likes, and since I remember they liked a tweet of mine, so I posted some pictures of proof that they didn't delete all of their 2017 likes.

Hoo boy, I'm very talkative. I'll stop running my mouth now. I'll check back here once and awhile like I have been for a few months. Hope to see you all around!
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Posts Quantity
Mexicola wrote:Oh you're gonna fit right at home with this bunch of loons. Welcome :lol:

Thank you mexi. i can tell you're a swell guy. A loon that makes music as well. Really glad to join the conversation. Only positive things to say about the brothers as BoC. Toodles

Boqurant
Hi i just a little fan who discovered Boards Of Canada on may. Since i listen everyday.......

Eagle Minded
Uh, hi. I used to be a lurker on this board a long time ago, in my early teens; though I seldom participated, and thankfully so, 'cause I'm already shivering from embarrasment as I trudge through my ancient posts. I recall some wonderfully interesting people hanging about, exuding good vibes altogether, so despite the fact that I'm not as hooked on BoC as I used to be (maybe for the better; my BoC obsession was of the murky and health-consuming sort) I'm giving it another go. Love to y'all.

Welcome both! Enjoy your stay.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Hello BoC fans! I've been a lurker on here for about a year, but since the sources of the TH artwork are being discovered I thought I'd make an account to get in on the discussion. I'd also like to be able to discuss a new BoC album on here if/when it eventually gets finished.

I've been listening to BoC since 2014, when I bought Tomorrow's Harvest on vinyl and would play it at the electronics store where I worked back then. I now own all their releases on vinyl except for Twoism. My favourite albums are Geogaddi and TH.

Also, I am now fascinated with numbers stations, lol. Glad to be here. Cheers!

New Seed
Hey, big fan from Virginia. Thought I'd sign up and give the forums a go since I love the discussions on here. Been into their music since 2014/15. My favorite record is Geogaddi. I'm growing an unhealthy collection of BoC merch, I own everything except Peel Session on CD and have Geogaddi on vinyl.

Friendly Stranger
747Music wrote:
darling_candy wrote:Hello all dear fellow BOC devotees! Good to be here among the community at last. Have been listening to the brothers for many moons. Look forward to the future, and all the interdimensional conversations to come.

May Chas Dimensional and Sauce Minor smile upon you, my fellow Canadian. Welcome to our awesome corner of the web. It's corner six, for the record.
Stick around. When BoC puts out new stuff, this place lights up.

Don't forget to check out the "This Random Sound" forum section for music by many of us here on twoism, as well as some top notch recommendations. Please don't be shy to contribute in sharing your own tunes too, if you're so inclined.

Cheers,
Tyler

:D

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada