Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Amen to that. Welcome :-)

Slow down...

New Seed
Hello! I'm Riley. I can't say i've been a very long term BoC fan, but in the few years i've been listening to them they've inspired me greatly and shaped who I am today. My ultimate inspiration from them is the desire to create music and art. I'm excited to learn new things here, as well as discovering new music! :D

New Seed
Hello. I'm Piotr and i live in Poland. Im 22 and i love BoC. I decided to register and be in touch with other BoC fans. Cheers

New Seed
Hello, I'm Andrew and I make music under the name sourceforestry. BoC are my favorite music people and they are the main inspiration behind my work - I do like an IDMish sort of thing but with more emphasis on filed recordings. I've only been listening for like a year but hey I'm 18 and and they came out with Music has the Right to Children when I was an infant so give me a break, ok. I found twoism a while back and figured hey boards of Canada forum might as well. Maybe someday when I'm less of a hazardously inexperienced producer I can be on a one on twoism compilation and feel good about myself.
Eleven, Eleven, Eleven

Friendly Stranger
Hello, I am Ben. I first discovered Boards of Canada about two years ago. A year before that, I discovered Audiotool, which is an online, (currently Flash powered) DAW. The first user-created music I listened to was by a "Mr. Standfast." I was, and still am, enthralled by his work. So much so, that I pester him infrequently about gathering his best work and publishing it on a larger scale (and to allow me to show support with money). While his music is generally brighter and less distorted than that of BoC, both share an element of curiosity and nostalgia. Both touch me on a personal level that most music cannot reach.
Oh, and speaking of most music, Audiotool has become such a dirty landfill of immaturity and overcooked EDM since then. Every other genre once represented there has been buried out of sight for anyone else to discover. And the spamming. Oh sweet mother of hexagon, the spamming. Don't go in there.

So anyway, hello new friends. I'm glad to have found a whole community, living in a beautiful place out in the country, under the turquoise hexagon sun. ;9
Time to reinvent myself.

New Seed
Hello, I've been a fan of Boards of Canada since 1999. It has taken me ages to register on this forum (no idea why). I'm a music writer and I produce a radio show once a month. I also work in an old library to pay the bills.

Sounds like an interesting life! What radio show/station?

Slow down...

New Seed
My radio show is called The Jupiter Room. Here's the archive https://www.mixcloud.com/TheJupiterRoom/. The show in the last couple of months has moved towards darker, layered and interstitial electronica. The March show is a good example https://www.mixcloud.com/TheJupiterRoom/the-jupiter-room-march-2016/

I'll be sure to check it out. Suits right up my street.

Welcome to all our new Twoismers. Enjoy your stay :-)

Slow down...

New Seed
Thanks man.

Posts Quantity
Hey, glad to be a part of this place. Been a longtime fan since mhtrtc. I make music myself. Check out my soundcloud. Looking forward to hearing something new.

Nova Scotia Robot
We need more users welcoming people here, so I figure I'd stop in and say hello to all the new users here. I'll try to keep it up more often as I see a lot of people coming to say hi and that they look forward to discussing things and then never posting again. Maybe this will help, even if it's just a little.

Welcome Ben. You seem like a nice guy. Anyone willing to nerdily use BoC puns is immediately ok in my book. You look a lot like an old buddy of mine from high school. His name is Scott though... and your Ben... So... You're probably not him... :P Glad to have you aboard. I remember the talk about Audiotool and it's convenience of being an online DAW. I was too stuck on Ableton at the time to try a new DAW out. Still am, really. Did you ever get at creating stuff on there yourself? Or anywhere? I'm always up for a listen when I have the time.

Welcome Mikey, I listened to some of your April 2016 mixcloud. I'll be trying to work these in my listening time somewhere, cause it was pretty great. Imploded View right after the intro basically convinced me at that point already. Some cool stuff in there I haven't heard about too.

And welcome Alien Sugar. We've already crossed paths here recently. Good to have you here too. Cheers. :)

Nice work agent747 ;-)

Welcome to all our new Twoismers. Enjoy your stay.

Slow down...

New Seed
Hi, I'm Peter from Warsaw, Poland. I've been reading this forum for a while but never registered, until now ;). I've been fan of BOC since 2005 - well, that was the time when they "clicked" with me. I'm graphic and motion designer daily and I try to do music at nights. Anyway, just wanted to say hello to BOC fans out there :). Cheers!
Dreaming in the wired

New Seed
I'm a 30 year old from the state of Montana, Been listening to Boards pretty regularly for about 11 years now and have checked out this forum sporadically over the last several years, but have never posted. Just love boards and want to learn more.

Friendly Stranger
Hello, I'm a human.
MASK200 VVMT0004 MASK500 WARPWIFCD

Welcome all fellow carbon based lifeforms.

Slow down...

New Seed
hello everyone, I am from Poland and nike070888 is betraying me

Sherbet Head
Not new to Twoism, but I'm new to the 2016 community after being away for a few years :) good to see the site looking good and some of our talented artists making true art. Cheers to all :)

New Seed
SIGNAL ONE wrote:SIGNAL ONE is the modern Pablo (which/one)

This was not the original quote

I'm working on an album right now.
------

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada