Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
Hi, returning to Twoism after a break of a couple of years. I lost my old login, hence new user ID.

Haven't they released anything since Tomorrow's Harvest, then?

Posts Quantity
They've released two new remixes.

They remixed Nevermen's song "Mr. Mistake" and Odd Nosdam's track "Sisters." You can find videos of both on YouTube.
Welcome, my friend. These are my people; now they are your people too.

Friendly Stranger
Hey everyone.
I'm Benjamin (call me Benji), 21, from Austria. I discovered Boards of Canada in late 2015 and I absolutely love them. They have a very unique sound that influenced my music as well (you can find my SoundCloud in my signature if you're interested)
It would be really cool if they release some new stuff soon, but at least we'll get some new Aphex Twin stuff soon to pass the time :D (he's also a true genius and among my favourite artists)
Follow me on SoundCloud!
https://soundcloud.com/benji_musick

New Seed
hey fuckers it me.

some of you people are insanely talented and you make me sick with jealousy. Other than that I am a decent bloke who has loads of stories about punching coppers , drugs, hacienda FAC 51, and i'm way too old for this shit but here I be. Mono off the web chat said he liked one of my songs so here that is:

https://soundcloud.com/sticky-fingered- ... ils-rebels

that was written about five years ago. I'd been at a club in Leeds called Mint and a really old american black guy agreed with me that the music was shit. We sat in the ambient bar where the music was pretty fkin good and he told me he had been in a gang called the devil's rebels in New York in the 60s. Said there were like 10 black guys in that gang and everyone else called them niggers all the time. This fella was in his 60s when I met him, off his tits on terrible MDMA and told me a ton of tales. I got homme, booted up the gear, made this awful track while gurning. Nice to be here, have at it.

Friendly Stranger
Aight.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Never gotten round to signing up until now. Anyway, my name is Kadin, and it's nice to meet y'all :)

(by the way, one on twoism is amazing. 5 is my favourite)

Sherbet Head
Papalon wrote:Aight.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Never gotten round to signing up until now. Anyway, my name is Kadin, and it's nice to meet y'all :)

(by the way, one on twoism is amazing. 5 is my favourite)

Heya Papalon, nice to meet you! Dig your name, reminds me of Barbapapa, lol.

Friendly Stranger
my name is justin and i'm addicted to cough syrup

Telepath
I wish our cough syrup had DMT in it :(

*goes sitting in a corner quietly sucking da herbz*

New Seed
Hey all,
I'm TempleTank, long time BOC fan but just taking the time to register here now. In western New York State on the shores of Lake Ontario. I'm bit of an architecture nerd as well as an amateur photographer and artist. I look forward to getting to know a few of you and seeing all what this board has going on. See ya!

Welcome! Dive in and enjoy your stay.

Slow down...

New Seed
I've lurked for years on this page until now. I produce music under various monikers in Los Angeles. Some BOC-esque stuff here:

https://soundcloud.com/sereptie

Friendly Stranger
Hi! Im Alfonso from Santiago, Chile. 21, almost 22 years old.

I fell in love with BOC when I listened to "Peacock Tail" on a friend's house a couple of years ago and I immediately started to investigate more about the band.

I love BOC... I hate Aphex... is that bad?
"it's not so bad as long as you can keep the fear from your mind" - Agent Cooper

Friendly Stranger
Hey, I'm Nathan from Jemison, AL. 13 yrs old. I've been listening to Boards of Canada for 11 years. They're amazing and I love them. I've only recently started to search their back catalogue, however, and only recently have I found the Twoism forum page.
I don't listen to them as much anymore now that I rediscovered bands like Nirvana and Bush, but they're still up there at the top. I play clarinet, I taught myself guitar, and I also use a Launchpad (if anyone knows what that is, kudos.) That pretty much sums up everything.

Welcome Fez :-)

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
Yeah, the community here is totally awesome. Especially that guy with the stoner dog who's addicted to cough syrup XD

Friendly Stranger
Alright boys! I'm new here. I have listened to some of Boc's music a couple of years ago, but never really got into it until just recently and now I'm hooked! So far I listened to every song done by them (Including the rare Old Tunes and R35 tracks), and these guys are pretty amazing at their work.

Friendly Stranger
But have you listened to the samples of Wouldn't You Like To Be Free?, Circle, and Duffy?
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Friendly Stranger
Yeah, man. I heard just about everything of theirs. I'm absolutely hooked on them! Is there any other music that they did that maybe I haven't heard?

Posts Quantity
Have you listened to all of their remixes? (Vegetable Soup, Surfaise, etc.)

Have you listened to all of their tracks they released on compilations? (Orange Romeda, Korona, etc.)

Have you listened to the tracks they released as Hell Interface?
Welcome, my friend. These are my people; now they are your people too.

Friendly Stranger
i forgot those

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada