Boards of Canada

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
More vocals, more mainstream. Please.
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Sherbet Head
My bet is they will go more mainstream.

Happy Cycler
¡WRONG, BITCHES!

another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
I think someone accidentally put dog food in my chili...
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Telepath
turquoise70 wrote:¡WRONG, BITCHES!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sherbet Head

Best post... evar?!

LOL!
Viper.

Dayvan Cowboy
CoBoC wrote:

Best post... evar?!

LOL!

hahaha, what the devil!!? :P

edit: my post needs a few more hahahaha's!

Friendly Stranger
did anyone ever think that maybe they have day jobs? surely they aren't all that rich.. i mean they don't do live shows, they don't have radio singles, they only have one music video.. i know they did some stuff for tv, but they probably don't sleep on a pile of money..

Dayvan Cowboy

Oh my god, that is genius! :lol:

Telepath
I'd exually like that :shock:

Happy Cycler

awesome, totally appropriate! can i get a rolling iWRONG, BITCHES! ?
"It's been a long time..."

Eagle Minded
snowpepsi wrote:did anyone ever think that maybe they have day jobs? surely they aren't all that rich.. i mean they don't do live shows, they don't have radio singles, they only have one music video.. i know they did some stuff for tv, but they probably don't sleep on a pile of money..

yeah, my point exactly.. and while their contribution to electronica is enormous and all them fan made youtoube vidz and experimenting in reverse is all fun and games, perhaps after a decade or so in a quasi-thankless biz (on the financial side) calls for a semi-sharp right, why not think ahead? (getting older, not any younger, Freedom 55).. if I were their agent, I'd urge them to do so anyways. I'm sure Warp wouldn't mind having BOC as their top earner (the Warp website is in dire need of a make-over, yo that's shit's ghetto).. but then again maybe a label change would be good too (bet BOC are pissed for not being featured on Warpvision, so up yours Warp says the Hexagonal Sun that is my sunshine recorder)...

I'm just talking out of my ass here. That's what happens when you leave someone in the dark too long... non-stop scheming, aaaawww yeaahhhh

Telepath
No one thinks they might be producers for multiple bands? They admit Boards of Canada was just a side-project. I think that's their day job.

Happy Cycler
Cupz wrote:No one thinks they might be producers for multiple bands? They admit Boards of Canada was just a side-project. I think that's their day job.

Where'd they say that? It sounds vaguely familiar but I can't place it.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
Atleast this comes to mind:

Do you live in the country?
"Yes, we've not been there long. We set up our studio in the Pentland Hills. Now we can start to live for our music, instead of being distracted by having to do other jobs, as before."

What sort of jobs?
" Nothing to be ashamed off. Working in universities, for example, but we prefer not to talk about it."

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Two_Aesthetes_of_Electronic_Music
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:No one thinks they might be producers for multiple bands? They admit Boards of Canada was just a side-project. I think that's their day job.

If they are, then what alias as they working under? Daft Punk? ...kidding. :roll:

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada