Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Topic locked

boards of canada...

Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:42 pm

will never make another album. thats okay. most duos/bands could never dream of having a catalog as good as theirs.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Source? ;)

Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:17 am

haaaansel.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:14 am

What are you talking about?

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:28 am

someone drop a bomb on this forum. :roll:

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:12 am

bear scrotum

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:29 am

turquoise70 wrote:bear scrotum

qft

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:51 am

zeitgeist wrote:
turquoise70 wrote:bear scrotum

qft

gahaaahah

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:16 am

Unfortunately, he's right. Here's why, in my opinion:

As you know, in 2005 more than half of Boards of Canada's super-mystical secret discography was unleashed on the net. Quotes from Hexagon Sun officials say that they were planning on polishing these up and releasing them in the future as a box set. This is what I presume they were working on pre-internet leak and subsequent hubub. Once it was released, they figured that a rerelease would be kinda pointless, so they started over from scratch, which explains the three year gap since a proper release. That combined with three significant events that point to an end of BoC: Mike becoming a father (baby girl, 2004), their beginning of a production career, and the completetion of a trilogy. First, fatherhood for Mike means he is probably desiring a steady income which cannot be hurt by the rise of pirated music, which leads to production (Sexual Objects or Whatever) and remix work which provides a steadier income. Finally, BoC are symbolists and it would have been very BoC like to create a trilogy of albums on a major label and leave it at that.

They've lost steam. It's over, for better or worse.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:56 pm

the sky is falling!

Ok seriously if they release more material thats awesome, if not w/e I am content with what is already out as I am sure many others are too.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:25 pm

i hate the fact that i persistently revisit this board to post. it's incredible how boards of canada have planted these seeds, and from it we the fans are constantly craving the slight necessity. i hardly listen to boards of canada any more, but they are constantly in my thought...

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Ugh. This really does prove the pointlessness of speculation. The assumption that Mike becoming a father means the end of BoC has no foundation whatsoever, the trilogy theory is just that - a theory and the production argument holds no weight surely as if they were looking to make money, they wouldn't make it producing such a low key band.

This is getting boring now.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:45 pm

ninetyoneplus wrote:Unfortunately, he's right. Here's why, in my opinion:

As you know, in 2005 more than half of Boards of Canada's super-mystical secret discography was unleashed on the net. Quotes from Hexagon Sun officials say that they were planning on polishing these up and releasing them in the future as a box set. This is what I presume they were working on pre-internet leak and subsequent hubub. Once it was released, they figured that a rerelease would be kinda pointless, so they started over from scratch, which explains the three year gap since a proper release. That combined with three significant events that point to an end of BoC: Mike becoming a father (baby girl, 2004), their beginning of a production career, and the completetion of a trilogy. First, fatherhood for Mike means he is probably desiring a steady income which cannot be hurt by the rise of pirated music, which leads to production (Sexual Objects or Whatever) and remix work which provides a steadier income. Finally, BoC are symbolists and it would have been very BoC like to create a trilogy of albums on a major label and leave it at that.

They've lost steam. It's over, for better or worse.

The absence of any real info seems to inspire a lot of amusing fiction on this forum. For the benefit of the newcomers (and the amnesiacs!) there is a new BoC album on the way.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:51 pm

mdg wrote:

The absence of any real info seems to inspire a lot of amusing fiction on this forum. For the benefit of the newcomers (and the amnesiacs!) there is a new BoC album on the way.
brb masturbating furiously

jk not that obsessed, but good news regardless

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:10 pm

a little update would be sublime from warp headquarters though,no offence to anyone posting info

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:22 pm

mdg wrote:

Cheers for the input Mdg. "Happbocy New Year"!!!!! Ok, I'll get me coat. :D :wink:

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Top stuff.

Are they still keen on the idea of doing some live shows?

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:22 pm

sorry, but i hear this almost every other month from MDG and i have yet to see any actual evidence of it. don't believe everything you read on the interweb, kids. i want to believe him, but im just sayin...

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:48 pm

Yeah, it was all just speculation, aside from the AFoT stuff. Never said it was truth.

But still, it is possible.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Yes it's true!! ive seen the new album and all track listings,also artwork that goes with it!!! even heard a few tracks which you can grab here.................BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.......WTF ? NO!! it's my alarm again D'oh!!!! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Time to hit tht snooze button again and dream....... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :arrow:
Topic locked