music70.com updated <-- 2 new t-shirts

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Guido wrote:New recordS, plural?

:D

Dayvan Cowboy
It would be unreasonable to still think that BoC retired or something like that since a) mdg is a confirmed official source of information and b) I think he confirmed a new release plenty of times now. And it just seems logical that every (vague) announcement and release date made and set in the past 2 years couldn't become truth just because they need to improve and perfectionise their stuff like mdg said, we all know BoC are like that.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
Guido wrote:New recordS, plural?
call me cynical but i think you might be reading into mdg's statements too much.

Happy Cycler
Hey forget about the t-shirts (or the records) the grass in that pic looks sooooooooooo nice...........

I could nap in that.

EDIT: I should clarify that I am from Texas, where grass sucks.

Dayvan Cowboy
thedisavowed wrote:Hey forget about the t-shirts (or the records) the grass in that pic looks sooooooooooo nice...........

I could nap in that.

EDIT: I should clarify that I am from Texas, where grass sucks.

thats what i'm, saying! look at that green radiance!

as always, mdg, your response to our bitching is much appreciated. i know i do need to chill out some times. :) but you can see why some people would get frustrated with this type of silence, right? When bands act this way, it's hard to imagine they appreciate their fan base much.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Dayvan Cowboy
Joebot Kill wrote:When bands act this way, it's hard to imagine they appreciate their fan base much.

I don't see it this way. I liken BoC to the author Cormac McCarthy (who wrote No Country for Old Men and The Road, among others). McCarthy very seldomly gives interviews, and his interview with Oprah last year was only his 2nd EVER, and he's been writing novels since the 1960's. He makes no attempt at reaching out to his readers, nor does he put any effort into promoting himself or making public appearances. His only concern is in his writing, and the idea of reaching out to fans just doesn't enter his mind. His readers know him for what he is, and accept the fact that he will probably never act like a normal author giving interviews and doing book tours.

Same goes for BoC (at least that's my opinion). They just care about their music, and I'm sure they believe that any distractions from that goal would only make the end product suffer. It's not about them having a beef with the fans or wanting to pull the wool over their eyes, they simply don't think about it.

Is it frustrating? You better believe it. But that's the way it is and they will probably never change.

Boqurant
Wow, mdg used recordS and releasedateS more than once... Mmmm!

Sherbet Head
mdg wrote:
Synthetrix wrote:
ross adey wrote:
Skytree wrote:What's a shame is that we're calling this an "update".

word. not a syllable from the brothers. just two more boc branded accessories poked in our face. it's gone beyond the joke. they know well how hungry people are for a new release and all we get are indirect spats from a supposed hexagon sun affiliate. why should it be so effin' covert? it's ridiculous.

Agreed. After a certain point the whole mysterious persona thing just gets old and makes it easier to just forget about this band.

:D Some people on this forum need to chill out! The new tees appeared as a positive response to the fact that the old stock had run out and new requests for tees were being received by Warp. There had also been some complaints about the lack of updates/broken links on the official site, so the links were changed to show the new stock. While some fans have welcomed a sign of life at the official site, others have used it as an excuse to vent and complain again.

I should point out that none of this has anything to do with the band. The idea that these trivial updates are in some way a result of the band nurturing a 'mysterious persona thing' is totally laughable; they're simply too busy working on the new records. BOC don't deal with their sites or merchandise any more than to approve the items, despite erroneous claims that they designed the shirts. There hasn't been an official announcement put up yet about the forthcoming records because there are still no firm release dates as yet. The site will be new, the records will be new and even new merch etc will appear. At the end of the day, most fans would rather that the artists are completely happy with the releases, rather than banging material out every 12 months. And BOC are notorious perfectionists.

Once again, I completely understand the frustration felt by people waiting for the new releases, but until we're allowed to update the sites, you'll have to take my word that the new album is looming.

As for the live side etc, there are rumblings in that direction too. Just don't do what someone did this week via the MySpace site; A fan sent a message to the band demanding the guys tour North America by using this general approach: "Why won't you fucking assholes come and play live over here you fucking cunts". Needless to say, that doesn't work.

Hmm...didn't intend to spark anything along these lines. My comment was directed to fans who feel they're entitled to more, not the band themselves.

Posts Quantity
So, in the end, who's running boardsofcanada.com?
alone alive again

Sherbet Head
mdg post inc 10 pages.

Dayvan Cowboy
From the Warp mail:

Warp wrote:Boards Of Canada T-Shirt - Green
(M) - 12" VINYL

New Boards Of Canada T-Shirts! Designed by the band and printed on American Apparel T-Shirts. Exclusive to Bleep!

Sweet, 12" vinyl designed by the band!

Sherbet Head
mdg wrote:Just don't do what someone did this week via the MySpace site; A fan sent a message to the band demanding the guys tour North America by using this general approach: "Why won't you fucking assholes come and play live over here you fucking cunts". Needless to say, that doesn't work.

maybe the doss cunt's been watching Trainspotting too many times!

Sherbet Head
wwbjd wrote:From the Warp mail:

Warp wrote:Boards Of Canada T-Shirt - Green
(M) - 12" VINYL

New Boards Of Canada T-Shirts! Designed by the band and printed on American Apparel T-Shirts. Exclusive to Bleep!

Sweet, 12" vinyl designed by the band!

[spoiler]If you hit the 'play' button on the item page, you'll hear Magic Window[/spoiler]

mdg wrote: At the end of the day, most fans would rather that the artists are completely happy with the releases, rather than banging material out every 12 months. And BOC are notorious perfectionists.

mdg wrote:Once again, I completely understand the frustration felt by people waiting for the new releases, but until we're allowed to update the sites, you'll have to take my word that the new album is looming.

mdg wrote:As for the live side etc, there are rumblings in that direction too.

Good. Better. Best.

Cheers MDG :D

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Well.. the shirts are all out-of-stock.

I had ordered the day (day after?) they went on sale and never saw that my order ended up being "not authorized" until about five minutes ago.

Damn.. all my other BoC shirts burned up!

Dayvan Cowboy
mine arrived today - fits perfectly :)

Dayvan Cowboy
wwbjd wrote:Well.. the shirts are all out-of-stock.

You're right. Damnit Warp/Bleep.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy

I had ordered the day (day after?) they went on sale and never saw that my order ended up being "not authorized" until about five minutes ago.

Fuck! I wanted the new green one. I have the old brown building and trees t-shirt, but i chewed on the collar too much + it doesn't really fit me anymore :cry:.

Dayvan Cowboy
jakestott wrote:

Fuck! I wanted the new green one. I have the old brown building and trees t-shirt, but i chewed on the collar too much + it doesn't really fit me anymore :cry:.

You chewed on the collar? Did it replace your woobie? :lol:

mdg wrote:The site will be new, the records will be new and even new merch etc will appear.
sweet³ 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada