Warp20 Box Set ft. completely unheard BoC!

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
So...

All 5 of those (records?) seem to point to "Boards of Canada" (Unheard)?

Autechre as well? I can barely make out the text.

Edit* - "** The images shown are taken at prototype stage and are not wholly accurate to finished edition. However this is a fair representation of what will be produced. Any tracklist shown on images is for representation only."

NM, christ.

Dayvan Cowboy
<center>
Your order has been successfully completed.....id say this is a bargain!!!!
<center>de ['] ja [,] vu
nʌ ['] ɐɾ [,] ǝp

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:
Skytree wrote:Exactly. I've plenty of tunes of their's that could be considered "rare".

And say they mean unheard AND rare refering to boc, then it's not even clear how they interpret the meaning unheard.

Maybe unheard in their book is legally unheard. Old tunes are legally unheard, true, but all of us have obviously heard them through the not so legal channels...

I just hope they are rare and really really really unheard: no actual releases, no leaked old tunes,... just brand new old stuff. :)

Frankly, I'll be happy either way. There's a lot more than just the BoC tracks in this set that I'm excited about.

Dayvan Cowboy
Pre-ordered :D.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Eagle Minded
I don't have money. I want it.

I get money tomorrow.... I'll wait a little bit.
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Sherbet Head
I almost want to buy this even though I have no use or means to play vinyl whatsoever.

Dayvan Cowboy
Jesus, finally something!! I'm also hoping it wont be old tunes stuff, but I have a feeling they wont do this.

Dayvan Cowboy
1969InTheSunshine wrote:I really, really like BOC (and also Warp Records in general), but there's no way in hell I'm paying $130 for a handful of unheard BOC tracks, especially when there's absolutely no description of what they are and when they are from. Hopefully they will eventually have the songs available for download.

dude, its more than just a handful of tracks. its an epic box set. look at that amazing packaging! The embossed text! The 200ish page, full color book of warp graphic design! All the CDs. 3x10" LPs. Luckily we know that we're guaranteed one if we preorder it before july 5th. I hope it doesnt sell out before then :/

It doesnt sound like it will though. Sounds like they're making one for everyone that orders it.

Cant. Fucking. Wait!
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Dayvan Cowboy
Joebot Kill wrote:
1969InTheSunshine wrote:I really, really like BOC (and also Warp Records in general), but there's no way in hell I'm paying $130 for a handful of unheard BOC tracks, especially when there's absolutely no description of what they are and when they are from. Hopefully they will eventually have the songs available for download.

dude, its more than just a handful of tracks. its an epic box set. look at that amazing packaging! The embossed text! The 200ish page, full color book of warp graphic design! All the CDs. 3x10" LPs. Luckily we know that we're guaranteed one if we preorder it before july 5th. I hope it doesnt sell out before then :/

It doesnt sound like it will though. Sounds like they're making one for everyone that orders it.

Cant. Fucking. Wait!

I think it might be just a handful. I'm too lazy to read the page but the tracks are only going to be on the vinyl right?

Sherbet Head
i just want the music, fuck the fancy packaging

Posts Quantity
Moebius wrote:I almost want to buy this even though I have no use or means to play vinyl whatsoever.

Hopefully someone's kind and shares only the boc tracks with me.

Awesome news finally!
alone alive again

Sherbet Head
i hope they come up with a tracklist soon, to see if it's worth buying it (i wouldn't want to pay that amount of money for leftovers or bad remixes)

Dayvan Cowboy
news?! what is thissss?! ...i hope it's unreleased material :)

cmx wrote:i hope they come up with a tracklist soon, to see if it's worth buying it (i wouldn't want to pay that amount of money for leftovers or bad remixes)

I think they won't spoil the tracklist, else they would've done this already.

Also I think there won't be any leftovers on this set. It's a set to display the best of Warp throughout the years. It's an amazing package of epicness.

And also, say you do know the tracks of the new BoC tunes, how would you know it's a leftover by just looking at the title? ;-)

Sherbet Head
haha, you've got a point there - maybe i'll just order it then :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
Looks like a beautiful package, and with so many of my favourite artists on there I couldn't resist ordering one. Ah well, that's my entertainment budget for the month blown in one go! :)

Dayvan Cowboy
novayshun wrote:i just want the music, fuck the fancy packaging

Seconded

Too rich for me I'm afraid. Besides, to echo what Fredd-e said, what exactly do they mean by rare and unheard? A remastered version of 3 or 4 Old Tunes isn't what I'd be hoping for. More info needed I feel...

(it looks nice mind you)

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
jakestott wrote:

Seconded

Over-ruled. :wink:

Pre-ordered.

Unheard tracks are by definition rare. Rare tracks are not definitely unheard. Chinook = rare, anything we've never even heard = unheard.

Therefore:
My expectations are set to BOC track = rare.
My hopes are BOC track = unheard.

Dayvan Cowboy
BunnyRabbit wrote:
jakestott wrote:

Seconded

Over-ruled. :wink:

Pre-ordered.

Unheard tracks are by definition rare. Rare tracks are not definitely unheard. Chinook = rare, anything we've never even heard = unheard.

Therefore:
My expectations are set to BOC track = rare.
My hopes are BOC track = unheard.

THANK YOU!
I can see why you wouldnt want to spend that much money. but to me it's a no brainer. this stuff is special. this whole bundle, including the amazing packaging is a treasure. some really amazing artists put lots of time and care into this package. "fuck the fancy package?" fuck that man.

135 dollars is nothing, just money. money comes and goes. money is for buying awesome things, LIKE THIS.

besides, do you seriously think theyd put all this effort into this if it was gonna be fucking "old tunes" tracks? fuck no, this is going to be worth it. come on guys, warp knows whats leaked and what hasnt. they know what we've heard and what we havent.
Last edited by Joebot Kill on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada