Losing A Fan

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
polar sky wrote:
Retrodreaming wrote:News just in, no BoC this year ;(

damn it.
I know man..tis a sad day..but hey look on the bright side maybe next year?? and we have all those treasures coming out on the WARP20 RELEASE he he........
<center>de ['] ja [,] vu
nʌ ['] ɐɾ [,] ǝp

Sherbet Head
hmmmmm

Posts Quantity
if anything has caused boards of canada to lose their "magic" it is the fans who swipe their style with copycat music, not them giving choosing not to give updates.

Happy Cycler
Tarsier wrote:if anything has caused boards of canada to lose their "magic" it is the fans who swipe their style with copycat music

Yeah!!

......waitaminute.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

BoC is like Blizzard. It's done when it's done and not a second earlier.

PS: It's great to have bocpages. It's more than a resource; it's like a community. Especially now in its wiki form. And it's fun maintaining it.

Sherbet Head
polar sky wrote:
Moebius wrote:The lack of updates is an issue only if you're constantly looking for them. I think Mike and Marcus would say, get up from your computer, go outside, hang out with your friends, pursue some hobbies, make yourself busy and you won't notice it. And before you know it, the new album will be out and all will be well.

The internet is evil.
Wake up.

I work 50 + hours a week. Not to mention doing other side work. I am beyond busy.

The Internet is evil, yet you're on it telling me it's evil. :roll:

I know, I need to talk my own advice more...

I mean, sure, there's productive things to do online, but I know I have wasted so many hours basically refreshing stupid sites like reddit to for some hollow ADHD fix.

Eagle Minded
hey man, boc are just a band! there's full life out of twoism. Don't blame them for your unhappiness..
Telephasic Workshop

Happy Cycler
Fredd-E wrote:BoC is like Blizzard. It's done when it's done and not a second earlier.

PS: It's great to have bocpages. It's more than a resource; it's like a community. Especially now in its wiki form. And it's fun maintaining it.

I know, It really is. You did a great job with it.

Happy Cycler
Moebius wrote:
polar sky wrote:
Moebius wrote:The lack of updates is an issue only if you're constantly looking for them. I think Mike and Marcus would say, get up from your computer, go outside, hang out with your friends, pursue some hobbies, make yourself busy and you won't notice it. And before you know it, the new album will be out and all will be well.

The internet is evil.
Wake up.

I work 50 + hours a week. Not to mention doing other side work. I am beyond busy.

The Internet is evil, yet you're on it telling me it's evil. :roll:

I know, I need to talk my own advice more...

I mean, sure, there's productive things to do online, but I know I have wasted so many hours basically refreshing stupid sites like reddit to for some hollow ADHD fix.

I am beyond guilty of it as well.

Happy Cycler
Green Pylon wrote:hey man, boc are just a band! there's full life out of twoism. Don't blame them for your unhappiness..

This isn't about twoism. I love this board.

Sorry for bringing everyone down with this post, it's not like it helps. I am just being a bitch about it. I know it's all in time. I am just ranting. And I don't need to do it on here. :oops:

I hope all is well with you guys, you all are real cool people. I mean that. :wink:

Now I am going to go toke up on some widow and chill. Peace.

Eagle Minded
polar sky wrote:
Green Pylon wrote:hey man, boc are just a band! there's full life out of twoism. Don't blame them for your unhappiness..

Sorry for bringing everyone down with this post, it's not like it helps. I am just being a bitch about it. I know it's all in time. I am just ranting. And I don't need to do it on here. :oops:

I hope all is well with you guys, you all are real cool people. I mean that. :wink:

cheers
We're gunna need a bigger boat.
-

-

Opilis

Happy Cycler
Fredd-E wrote:BoC is like Blizzard. It's done when it's done and not a second earlier.

Man, I remember how tough it was being a BOC fan, pre Campfire Headphase, before the BOC Pages became the fine pages they are today. We had to walk 143 miles naked, through the snow, up hill both ways, just to get some goods on the duo.

Again, great job Fredd-E.

Sherbet Head
i love Blue Oyster Cult so much!!!!

Happy Cycler
novayshun wrote:i love Blue Oyster Cult so much!!!!

Yeah man, who doesn't...

Am I in the right forum? :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
polar sky wrote:

thats the spirit man!

but i gotta say, i tend to agree with your original post sometimes too. like... i visit the plaid website and oh my fucking god, theres INFO on it. and they havent released a proper album in just as long. but its a good feeling to see some dialogue between the band and their fans, no matter how minute it is. is that too much to ask?

you know how i feel about deluxe packaging. im a total sucker for my shit, but hey we all have our vice. although, i want it for more than just the boc... in fact, i wouldnt be surprised if it's only one BoC track. but something tells me it will be something we havent heard.

by the way, even though your negativity some times pisses me off polar, i gotta give you credit for livening this board up. we need it. not that i dont love this site. i love being a part of this community of boc nerds. but everyone is very polite. sometimes arguments can be amusing.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Site Admin
I never had any difficulties with them giving no update whatsoever, until there is actual news... I am a fan of BoC because of their music and a tiny bit for what they are.

This is starting to be an everlasting loop. New album will be out, perhaps an EP as well and then they'll not give out any info until they are ready to. Get used to it.

Cheers, seeya in another Losing A Fan topic in about 4 years.
Life is a Frequency

Posts Quantity
Retrodreaming wrote:
polar sky wrote:
Retrodreaming wrote:News just in, no BoC this year ;(

damn it.
I know man..tis a sad day..but hey look on the bright side maybe next year?? and we have all those treasures coming out on the WARP20 RELEASE he he........

wait, where's this 'no BoC this year' news from?

*bottom lip starts to wobble*

Sherbet Head
* senses a lot of stress coming from Polar Sky *

* gives PK a gentle backrub *

* rolls a cannabis sigaret, and lights it in PK's mouth *

Just relax, and enjoy this pleasant adventure.
They'll come up with something. I just know, and have a little faith in MDG's messages.

Sherbet Head
It bugs me when I think about how disconnected boc is too. But I only think about it when other people bring it up. Their intermittent releases are fine with me, I don't really notice. Their mysterious persona doesn't work as well for them as it does for say RDJ. See he has fun with being reclusive, BoC is like you don't even know if they are alive. And the only "news" we have is that they are doing what musicians do...making music...[master of the obvious picture that I'm too lazy to go find].

Happy Cycler
Aesthetics wrote:Cheers, seeya in another Losing A Fan topic in about 4 years.

I'm looking forward to it. :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada