How soon is soon?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Mindshifter wrote:Dude, MDG says that because you made some other semi-mysterious ''i know stuff'' in other topics. It's annoying.

Anyway, the wait goes faster with some great music in the meantime (like you guys didn't know). I recommend Talk Talk's Spirit of Eden & Laughing Stock to clear the mind of BoC-thinking. Enjoy!

Mindshifter, I love you. That's some gorgeous shit you're recommending. Talk Talk's word has needed spreading since the late 80s.
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

Sherbet Head
It's getting close to the point where I don't even care at all if they quit making music.

Eagle Minded
Tekmosis wrote:It's getting close to the point where I don't even care at all if they quit making music.

fuel for black quartz

Boqurant
Tekmosis wrote:It's getting close to the point where I don't even care at all if they quit making music.

I think I would quit if people kept making demands about release schedules and getting bent out of shape if I didn't tell them what I had for breakfast, because that's "purposely being mysterious" or something. :-)

Dayvan Cowboy
Sac wrote:

Sherbet Head
1 - hso is not bogus. she or he exists and operates as clandestinely on the internet as anyone here. the comment hso presented could have been any user's suggestion about willing an album. who was led to believe any particular thing about hso, and how? hso claims nothing.

I am more interested in the Objects collab at this point.

dave_from_2001 wrote:hso claims nothing.

if this ain't a claim nothing is:
Hso wrote:There will be no album this year.

http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... 761#104761

And indeed Hso's nickname does not remind us of Hexagon Sun Official. Neither does his/her avatar remind us of Mike and Marcus and neither does the website www.hexagonsun.com he/she listed in the profile reminds us of BoC in any way.
Last edited by Fredd-E on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
hso has the same ability as I and others to state the obvious or a flying guess. i'm not at all convinced hso is affiliated with the boards of canada! try again!

dave_from_2001 wrote:hso has the same ability as I and others to state the obvious or a flying guess. i'm not at all convinced hso is affiliated with the boards of canada! try again!
It's a matter of how he/she phrased that sentence:
* a fact, based upon actual knowledge --> "There will be no album this year."
* guess --> "I think there will be no album this year." / "I reckon they won't release anything anymore this year."

The whole idea is he/she stated this just like it were in fact a fact, accompanied with a profile akin to an official spokesman of BoC. And it's that what bothers a lot of people. He/she is acting on purpose like an insider. Deliberately mocking the fans by misleading them.

Sherbet Head
there will be no new album this year

i guess i'm trying to say this should not bother anyone. i don't get it.

Dayvan Cowboy

i kinda hear where you're coming from, tekmosis. at this point, BoC's legacy exists and is quite timeless. They have left a huge mark on electronic/pop/psychadelic music and things have been changed for the better. i would definitely like at least one more album, but who knows. it's just not worth stressing over at this point. theres way more important things to worry about these days. especially when there's plenty of great music coming out from artists like bibio and black moth super rainbow.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Eagle Minded
I agree that there is plenty of great music coming out, Joebot. But deep in our hearts we all are dying to hear some new BoC. I come here and read a lot of posts every once in a while, and i agree with almost every one. Sometimes i'm like EFF BoC, i'm getting sick of waiting, and sometimes i'm just like "shit i'll wait, it's worth it".

I guess it's just sad that other artists can come out with at least an album a year, or every 2 years. I mean yea BoC does not have as many throw-away tracks as those artists, but that doesn't mean you have to spend half a life-time to release a damn album.

And if it really takes you that long to release something, at least give the fans some updates on the progress EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.

I guess in their departure other artists are emerging to fill in. The BoC-esque artists are growing by the minute, while although not capturing quite the same feeling -- they are still capturing a similar sound.

Dayvan Cowboy
I think to say, " I don't mind if BoC never release anything again" is being a little defeatist. If you read their interviews there's a lot that they have wanted to do that still has not been achieved. If they stopped releasing I'm sure it would be made pretty clear.

Happy Cycler
Joebot Kill wrote:

i kinda hear where you're coming from, tekmosis. at this point, BoC's legacy exists and is quite timeless. They have left a huge mark on electronic/pop/psychadelic music and things have been changed for the better. i would definitely like at least one more album, but who knows. it's just not worth stressing over at this point. theres way more important things to worry about these days. especially when there's plenty of great music coming out from artists like bibio and black moth super rainbow.

Exactly. New BoC album would be lovely, but there's plenty to be getting on with in the meantime. Move along now...

Dayvan Cowboy
A_Northern_Soul wrote:
Joebot Kill wrote:

Exactly. New BoC album would be lovely, but there's plenty to be getting on with in the meantime. Move along now...

lol come on, that's such bullshit.

Happy Cycler
isawdrones wrote:
A_Northern_Soul wrote:
Joebot Kill wrote:

lol come on, that's such bullshit.

Not at all - there's a ton of other music out there, not to mention non-musical things going on. Don't get me wrong - when Warp release the "New BoC album on the XX of XXXX, 20XX" statement, I'll be as excited as anyone here, but if they don't release anything else? Shame, but not the end of the world.

Posts Quantity
At this point, I think it would be foolish to expect two more albums by BoC. That is, after releasing the next album, that'll be it. End of discography. I guess that's a good thing, after all, d'ya really wanna go though this all over again until 2015?

Site Admin
Dragon wrote:d'ya really wanna go though this all over again until 2015?
Don't forget that it's yourself who make this as it is... It are the fanboy's who hype things up, not BoC.
I never really look much in the BoC section for topics like this. I only scan them to see if all goes well(admin wise) and to see if there really is some news worth mentioning. This is something more should do.

Just wait and see.. there is more to life than BoC.
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
Aesthetics wrote:It are the fanboy's who hype things up, not BoC.
I never really look much in the BoC section for topics like this. I only scan them to see if all goes well(admin wise) and to see if there really is some news worth mentioning. This is something more should do.

thanks for sharing! these topics are usually for forum users to speculate and chat about boards of canada. i agree this kind of thing maybe shouldnt be allowed on a boards of canada message board. its cool that admins are participating in their own way though. you might think of these threads as "keeping the userbase up in the air" as if it were a volleyball. because there is no news, this is what keeps people coming back daily. isn't that what you want?

Sherbet Head
wait a second did hso and mdg square off!?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada