Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Topic locked

How soon is soon?

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:48 pm

"I met steve beckett at the warp 20 party in berlin this weekend and he said boc would be released very soon and aphex not as soon but also very soon

yes I know is not really news but at least its something"

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/44719-new-aphex-twin-album-due-this-year/page__st__555

Few things here.

1) We're not alone in this kind of waiting game!
2) Maybe it's the time of year, but I feel inclned to believe this guy.
3) I really wanted to call this thread How Soon Is NOW! and have some news.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Soon.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Sooner Than You Think.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:24 pm

Hso wrote:Sooner Than You Think.

For the record, this user "Hso" is bogus.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:25 pm

I think Steve is just guessing every time he says soon.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:27 pm

It came out yesterday.*

* This reply is subject to poor humour, and could be mistaken for sarcasm. Do not adjust your set. Stay calm. The makers would like you to know that no animals were harmed in the making of this post and any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely co-incidental.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:41 pm

mdg wrote:

Yeah, I'd sort of guessed.

So, How soon is soon...?

(worth a try)

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:05 pm

As soon as soon can be.

With a soon soon here and a soon soon there
Here a soon, there a soon, everywhere a soon soon
Mike & Marcus have an album in the works, eee-yi-eee-yi-oh

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:08 pm

How long is a piece of string?

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 pm

mdg wrote:

bravo for avoiding the subject matter :twisted:

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:21 pm

That really is the question, how soon is soon.

I mean wasn't the album meant to be coming out "soon" like march last year?

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:55 pm

Well, BoC doesn't actually live in Scotland. They are currently living on the beautiful countryside of Jupiter, where 1 year = approximately 11.86 Earth years. So they are actually much more prolific than you think. Jeeez guys !

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:14 am

Chuck Beckles wrote:Well, BoC doesn't actually live in Scotland. They are currently living on the beautiful countryside of Jupiter, where 1 year = approximately 11.86 Earth years. So they are actually much more prolific than you think. Jeeez guys !

Maybe, they had moved to Jupiter but their home always remain around northern Saturn.
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0704/hexagon_cassini.jpg

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:21 am

novayshun wrote:
mdg wrote:

bravo for avoiding the subject matter :twisted:

Exactly what I was thinking. Nothing to do with "soon" but at least we know its not sooner than we think?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:11 am

I can calculate 'soon' to 1.24 trillion decimal places. Using that, I can confirm that soon isn't 'soon enough'.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:26 am

c'mon guys... I mean, I am as anxious as the next guy, but it can't be that far off. I like to think they're just finalizing some stuff. you know, artwork, or production... maybe they're planning for january? or maybe they're gonna give us a nice christmas present! :-D

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:27 am

All i want for christmas is the new Boards Album, a few joints and a tab of acid. :wink:

also a trip in a beautifull place in the country, not that much really!!

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:35 am

In the proper frame of reference, it's already out.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:38 am

My crazy conspiracy: No new album will ever be released. Marcus & Mike will retire in the BoC fashion: Mysteriously leave us hanging/anxious for new material and soon mdg will disappear; stop "updating"[:roll:] us and we will always wonder what happend to those old european fellas with the nostalgic sounds and they'll have an interview in 10 years telling us that when we had wet dreams about Infinite Lines of Colorful Sevens it was the sound of our imagination which was the music and no real track ever exsisted. wtf

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:24 am

Main Entry: soon
Pronunciation: \ˈsün, especially New England ˈsu̇n\
Function: adverb
Etymology: Middle English soone, from Old English sōna; akin to Old High German sān immediately
Date: before 12th century

1 a obsolete : at once : immediately b : without undue time lapse : before long <soon>
2 : in a prompt manner : speedily <as> <the> <no>
3 archaic : before the usual time
4 : in agreement with one's choice or preference : willingly <I'd just as soon walk as drive>
Topic locked