What's your favorite BoC song?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
God damn Poppy Seed, you are the song I have always imagined in my head when I think of countryside and cold flowing rivers somewhere in the hills on a foggy day.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
I am having one of those moments where a BoC tune I usually overlook or skip, sneaks up on me and makes me realise how wonderful it is.

"Magic teens" is my new favourite BoC track probably for the next 24 hours until it changes again

:D

Friendly Stranger
vballs wrote:I am having one of those moments where a BoC tune I usually overlook or skip, sneaks up on me and makes me realise how wonderful it is.

"Magic teens" is my new favourite BoC track probably for the next 24 hours until it changes again

Love when this happens, happened to me with Basefree. I use to always skip it(seems a lot of people do), but when I listened all the way through I realized that it turns into such a beautiful song and it's now a favorite of mine.

Posts Quantity
vballs wrote:I am having one of those moments where a BoC tune I usually overlook or skip, sneaks up on me and makes me realise how wonderful it is.

same here!
doing it 4 me at the mo are BREAKING NEHUSHTAN/SATELLITE ANTHEM ICARUS/BOOTLEG MACHINEDRUM MIX

Happy Cycler
Tears from the Compound Eye - gets me every time.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

New Seed
happy cycling!

Friendly Stranger
Everything You Do Is A Balloon

Sherbet Head
A very, very honourable mention..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldjCFFu-PWM

8)

Posts Quantity
1. kid for today
2. kiteracer 2
3. zoetrope
4. tears from the compund eye
5. triangles and rhombuses

Eagle Minded
I think I've actually done it...

#1) Alpha And Omega
#2) Everything You Do Is A Balloon
#3) Oscar See Through Red Eye
#4) Telephasic Workshop *Live at Warp10*
#5) Skyliner

There is a less than a hairbreadth between the Top 2... It really is close.

Honourable mention to 5.9.78 (which could, by a different measure, actually be a possible top song) - also the groovy Aquarius V3, and Sunshine Recorder 8)

Oh, and perhaps OSTRE could never get to the top, after it was responsible for that remarkably odd dream I never actually wrote about...!

New Seed
ATM:

Whitewater
Twoism
Skyliner
Buckie High
Mansel

Sherbet Head
Betacord wrote:#1) Alpha And Omega

you got that one right!

My favourite track by them.

New Seed
Do I have to choose? They're all so beautiful.

Sherbet Head

that happened to me with the song magic teens as well, it just sounded so nostalgic and amazing out of nowhere... i never seemed to have that connection with the song until the last time i heard it..

the same happened with powerline misfortune, i began feeling overwhelmed with memories when the song played, and i began to enjoy it more than ever. even though in the past i didnt have that strong of an interest in the song.

maybe thats what it is, at first we dont necessarily feel anything for the track, then after a few listens we begin to relate memories to the track that originally may not have done anything for us.

New Seed
I couldn't possibly pick just one, that's like choosing your favourite child or something.

Boqurant
Alpha Rainbow
BMX track
Audiotrack 13 side A from R35TT
loving my new shears

Friendly Stranger
I'd have to say my favorite track right now is...Dawn Chorus

But it's basically a tie between that and basically every other song BoC has done.
willowtalk.bandcamp.com

Eagle Minded
just stopping by to say that my favorite track is still Telephasic Workshop.

Sherbet Head
youregonnaloveit! wrote:Alpha Rainbow
BMX track
Audiotrack 13 side A from R35TT

alpha rainbow is so good

Sherbet Head
im suprised i never commented here before, but whitewater is my fave by farrrrr. especially driving on a cold sunny day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u6R8qNfQV4

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada