What's your favorite BoC song?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Dayvan Cowboy is my favourite song of all time. By anyone. So for me, it would have to be that.

Posts Quantity
If you're going by plays in the past couple of weeks, it would certainly look like Tomorrow's Harvest transmission and Reach for the Dead were my top two.

Anyway, wow that's a hard question...

1. Happy Cycling
2. Dawn Chorus
3. Satellite Anthem Icarus
4. Dayvan Cowboy
5. Basefree

Those are probably just my most listened, though I've had peacock tail as my morning alarm for months now...

Boqurant
The songs I really always go back to are 5.9.78 and Telephasic Workshop.

Sherbet Head
Julie & Candy/ Buckie High/ Left Side Drive/ Echus/ Olson

Eagle Minded
d3v3l wrote:Magic Window

i love the understated sense of humor that abounds here.

5.9.78 - the song i would like to hear on my last day to reflect on/replay my life

music is math - the song i think about when i see the old 8mm footage of my first days ... in diapers trying to eat a balloon instead of cake.

roygbiv - destroyed two car stereos with these filthy, naughty, delicious beats

happy cycling - if this is playing, you will even enjoy the ride on flat tires

peacock tail - this song renews me, like a freshly shaken etch-a-sketch

corsair - when i do my favorite hike here (near Big Sur) i get to the top of a ridge where i can look down and see the ocean and watch hawks circle - they wrote this song just for that. thank you very much Sandison bros, you shouldn't have - but i appreciate it nonetheless. :wink:
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Sherbet Head
paul wrote:corsair - when i do my favorite hike here (near Big Sur) i get to the top of a ridge where i can look down and see the ocean and watch hawks circle - they wrote this song just for that. thank you very much Sandison bros, you shouldn't have - but i appreciate it nonetheless. :wink:

so jealous you get to hike here. It's the most beautiful place on earth in my opinion, although the Hoh rainforest gives it a run for it's money. But Big Sur is just so...I don't even know. It's godly.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Eagle Minded
rainier wrote:
paul wrote:corsair - when i do my favorite hike here (near Big Sur) i get to the top of a ridge where i can look down and see the ocean and watch hawks circle - they wrote this song just for that. thank you very much Sandison bros, you shouldn't have - but i appreciate it nonetheless. :wink:

so jealous you get to hike here. It's the most beautiful place on earth in my opinion, although the Hoh rainforest gives it a run for it's money. But Big Sur is just so...I don't even know. It's godly.

I've been doing this hike for 10 years and each time I remind myself how lucky I am. Then I turn on my BOC mix and begin the ascent! Hoh rainforest/river is quite a gem (i imagine thats a nice spot to play Whitewater on loop). I will be hiking near there in a couple of months. Guess we are all blessed in our own way.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Posts Quantity
my favorite boc song changes every few months.....

but recently i've been getting really into 'skyliner'

the last two minutes or so are just so epic

Posts Quantity
Roygbiv is definitely ONE of my favourites.

As heard in this advert, I think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtSwxrhsvvI

Friendly Stranger
It's soooo hard to choose, but I think Julie and Candy is the fullest representation of the spectrum of BoC. After that, there's probably 5-10 of their tracks that are interchangeably #2 for me, which include Music is Math, Gyroscope, Sunshine Recorder, Kid for Today, beautiful Place out in Country, Unkown Live @ Warp10, Eagle in your Mind, Sixtyten, Smokes Quantity, and Happy Cycling.

I like a ton of their old/bootleg stuff too, but the tracks above are always playing in my car/itunes/heandphones/etc.
Last edited by Macro Micro on Tue May 28, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posts Quantity
Everything you do is a balloon/Aquarius/Telephasic workshop/Hi Scores/Macquarie Ridge

Boqurant
The five or so tracks I think I've listened to the most times:

Dawn Chorus, Poppy Seed, Oscar See Through Red Eye, Happy Cycling, Kid For Today, Sixtyten.

I recently rediscovered and got obsessed with Whitewater.

Friendly Stranger
roygbiv is probably my favorite song of all time by anyone ever.
other favorite boc tracks include olson, gyroscope, the constants are changing, sixtyniner and dayvan cowboy.
ΔMī¹=αΣDi[n][ΣFij[n-1]+Fexti[[n̄¹]]

Posts Quantity
It's interesting how diverse everyone's favourites are.

Eagle Minded
Been really into Poppy Seed latley, i think i may have a new favorite

Friendly Stranger
Kid For Today/IABPOITC are my current faves. So dreamy.

Boqurant
Kid for today.

If i could have a theme song that played everywhere i went, that would be it.
Green

Sherbet Head
New in at number one is: Poppy seed reprise closely followed by poppyseed. Both are superb for strolling in the sunshine.

Eagle Minded
Sunshine Recorder is as close to perfect as anything. But 'absolute' favourites are very tough to define with BOC as we know, plus TH is still sinking in even now. Nothing Is Real really does something special for me
...what subtlety?

Posts Quantity
Telephasic Workshop is probably my overall favorite but its too hard to narrow down songs into a top 10 or anything, i'd just get carried away and list too many.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada