GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Flory wrote:
Echo the Sun wrote:what? you guys never saw Tomorrow's Harvest? it's a really rare movie from the 70s. the BOC album is just a rip of the soundtrack

dO yOu hAvE A cOpY!?!?

yep. weirdly, i got a call shortly after watching it: some kid whispering "seven days." hmm... that was about seven days ag

Dayvan Cowboy
:lol:

The plus side of waiting ages for a new album is the fucking gold that gets posted in the meantime.

One of my favorites, found in a thread I stumbled across earlier:

realspiel wrote:but I am at Mike's and Marcus Commune right now, up a tree looking through the bathroom window and Mike is having a shower and he just washed his balls twice (double album) with shampoo, rhymes with "New", just hang in there I'll have a date shortly..

Dayvan Cowboy

Sherbet Head
2019?
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Posts Quantity
herxagernsurn wrote:
Ive come to realize that my own obsessive anticipation with a new BoC release is a problem and I need to just forget about it and assume that it may never come. They may have broken up! I just need to get on with my life and make my own interesting music and stop the idolatry. It would be kind of funny to find out that they were making lots of other great music under a different name. I think at one point they mentioned that they are constantly making music but that only some of it is really suitable for a BoC release. I’d love to hear Mike and Marcus’ progressive ska band some day.

Progressive trance by BoC? :mrgreen:

But nah, they haven't broken up, just look at their Twitter activity. New stuff is finished by now, they're just keeping us in suspense.

I'm still betting on 2019.

Eagle Minded
GeoDose wrote:
herxagernsurn wrote:
Ive come to realize that my own obsessive anticipation with a new BoC release is a problem and I need to just forget about it and assume that it may never come. They may have broken up! I just need to get on with my life and make my own interesting music and stop the idolatry. It would be kind of funny to find out that they were making lots of other great music under a different name. I think at one point they mentioned that they are constantly making music but that only some of it is really suitable for a BoC release. I’d love to hear Mike and Marcus’ progressive ska band some day.

Progressive trance by BoC? :mrgreen:

But nah, they haven't broken up, just look at their Twitter activity. New stuff is finished by now, they're just keeping us in suspense.

I'm still betting on 2019.

I'm sure there is new stuff finished, but I'd be surprised if it was a full album... it could be awhile. That's just me though, It'll happen when it happens, I guess!
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Sherbet Head
I reckon the next release is probably finished and just in the final stages with cover art etc. Doesn't necessarily mean they are going to set it free any time soon

Friendly Stranger
I think they won't wait just for the sake of it; it will probably be released as soon as it's all finished, polished etc.

Sherbet Head
Oh I think they would wait alright, They have us by the balls.. the longer they wait the more we need it!

Dayvan Cowboy
Flory wrote:2019?

it's a whole nother year

Sherbet Head
5/22?

Sherbet Head
We need some traffic

Posts Quantity
Flory wrote:We need some traffic

Dayvan Cowboy
^ cars going forward in the left lane, new album confirmed

Seriously though, I'd be game for a new remix or something on 5/22. They've laid all the groundwork for that date the same way they did for the Mr. Mistake vinyl announcement/release dates last year, it would be a shame to just leave it at trolling and nothing else.

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:^ cars going forward in the left lane, new album confirmed

Seriously though, I'd be game for a new remix or something on 5/22. They've laid all the groundwork for that date the same way they did for the Mr. Mistake vinyl announcement/release dates last year, it would be a shame to just leave it at trolling and nothing else.

Pls BoC
no information at this moment in time

Friendly Stranger

Although they're actually going forward in the right lane (unless you're just referring to the traffic where it's partitioned), in which case it's just semantics!
Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day

Sherbet Head
chemical_si wrote:

Although they're actually going forward in the right lane (unless you're just referring to the traffic where it's partitioned), in which case it's just semantics!

Let's just say it's a left side drive :lol:
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Friendly Stranger
5/22 is my mom's birthday

Dayvan Cowboy
lichtenberg94 wrote:5/22 is my mom's birthday

We really need a new album.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada