GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I can give you one hint about picking 05/22/19 over 5/22/18 that's a little easier to grasp aside from the so far undisclosed/underlying stuff that actually makes it a fantastic date.

As a refresher, the Spotify error date was 05/22/1905. Add 113 years to that to get 05/22/2018.

So far, 113 has been sort of a cursed number that turns up buried in places when you look too hard, and always ends up being associated with dashed expectations.

However, 114 is quite concrete - that 2:57 timestamp on the Cosecha console (2x57), 57 days passed between the tweets on 09/27/17 and 11/23/17, the latter of which was playlist video 114 (Seven Forty Seven)

So in the end, it makes more sense to tack 114 years onto that "error" instead of 113 years, when we look at the data that we already have versus what we would all want, which is short term gratification.

Dayvan Cowboy
Its like 3:30am here so I'd better get some sleep. Hard to get my head around numbers and their significance when my vision is blurry from tiredness haha. Will have a proper read of it in the morning.

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:I can give you one hint about picking 05/22/19 over 5/22/18 that's a little easier to grasp aside from the so far undisclosed/underlying stuff that actually makes it a fantastic date.

As a refresher, the Spotify error date was 05/22/1905. Add 113 years to that to get 05/22/2018.

So far, 113 has been sort of a cursed number that turns up buried in places when you look too hard, and always ends up being associated with dashed expectations.

However, 114 is quite concrete - that 2:57 timestamp on the Cosecha console (2x57), 57 days passed between the tweets on 09/27/17 and 11/23/17, the latter of which was playlist video 114 (Seven Forty Seven)

So in the end, it makes more sense to tack 114 years onto that "error" instead of 113 years, when we look at the data that we already have versus what we would all want, which is short term gratification.

But is there actually evidence that 114 has any credence outside of it being convenient with the conclusions you'd like to see? Seems like a stretch.

Posts Quantity
I'm gone from this site for a week to see something interesting is going to happen soon. Whatever it is, site-related or not, I can't wait to see.
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Boqurant
Nottoolate wrote:maybe it's just a surprise birthday party for Opothecary on 5/22

This could be a very real possibility...

Sherbet Head
Nottoolate wrote:I'm totally prepared for this to just be some forum announcement, but during the TH campaign one of the rotating banners here had clues embedded in it somehow (the soundcloud links I think?) I'm not sure how those were extracted but it's worth a shot I guess if anyone remembers how that was done. I did mess around with the picture in photoshop but didn't notice anything. It has the somewhat arbitrary dimensions of 810x199 though

I heard something along the lines of deconstructing the image to source code?
Just try opening the image on notepad or something. Maybe inspect element?
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Sherbet Head

A official XYZ release?
As it was never really released. We have only herd from a radio rip.
I would say its just regular jpg garbage.

Friendly Stranger
Flory wrote:Image

A official XYZ release?
As it was never really released. We have only herd from a radio rip.
I would say its just regular jpg garbage.

Try looking for written text

Dayvan Cowboy
I inspected the Stay Tuned banner in Chrome. Got an error in the Console with a link: http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js

Opening that link, it has the date of 2014-05-22 written about 17 lines/rows down. Click and see for yourself. Have no idea what that means. Need a nap...
Last edited by ryetronics on Sat May 19, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
Details Created Yesterday, ‎May ‎18, ‎2018, ‏‎8:23:38 PM

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:But is there actually evidence that 114 has any credence outside of it being convenient with the conclusions you'd like to see? Seems like a stretch.

In order to get it, it's important to contextualize 114, specifically what 2x57 means. We know that they love the numbers 69 and 70.

In this case, it's meant to be broken down like 2x(5x7)=70. Gemini (think twins) is 2:57, alongside being used as the Cosecha console timestamp.

The "70" based songs in their catalog are always a little trickier to figure out than the 69 songs:

69 songs:

June 9th
Sixtyniner
1969 (used in the Spotify teaser)
Slow This Bird Down (honorary mention, 6:09)

70 songs:

Sixtyten
The Smallest Weird Number
Gemini (2x(5x7))
You Could Feel the Sky (5:14, used in the Mr. Mistake release date teaser)

In the end, the above is nice and all, its really just more important to note that they waited 57 days between posts to show us video 114 - and to understand the significance of 114 as it relates to one of their favorite numbers.

Beyond that, knowing their penchant for those numbers, it would make sense to end something in 2019 that began in 2016, right? It's not much of a stretch to get your head around that idea when all is said and done.

Crystalspike wrote:
Flory wrote:We need some traffic

ROTFL. This wins the entire thread.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Eagle Minded
ryetronics wrote:I inspected the Stay Tuned banner in Chrome. Got an error in the Console with a link: http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js

Opening that link, it has the date of 2014-05-22 written about 17 lines/rows down. Click and see for yourself. Have no idea what that means. Need a nap...

HAHAHA WHAT

Boqurant
4 days before the 5/22 ah ah, what a coincidence

Sherbet Head
Nottoolate wrote:
ryetronics wrote:I inspected the Stay Tuned banner in Chrome. Got an error in the Console with a link: http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js

HAHAHA WHAT

Are you shitting me!?!?
A xml file dated 14-5-22!?!?!

Boqurant
5/22 is everywhere

Sherbet Head
MadMaz wrote:5/22 is everywhere

phpBB [media]

:twisted:
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Boqurant
The background of Twoism is identical but in negative.
Geogaddi 2 confirmed

Friendly Stranger
Flory wrote:
Nottoolate wrote:

HAHAHA WHAT

Are you shitting me!?!?
A xml file dated 14-5-22!?!?!

It's not an xml, but a javascript code, probably to run and track the banner.
The date is suspicious though. It's not been changed just for this occurrence, because the file is from the official website of the ad provider. :?
Only children know what they are looking for.

Friendly Stranger
I would be inclined to believe that this would be to do with a new website, but possibly based an existing Web address. I'm basing this on CanonicalizeHostName
What is interesting is that it reference First Child, Next Sibling and Last Child with a Parent Node. Is this something to do with age verification with the website being age restricted.
What ever it is, it seems set to work across AOL, BLACKBERRY, IOS, PLAYSTATION 4, WINDOWS, CHROME AND FIREFOX.
My guess is that the website will have background music/harmony/phrases on loop for so many bars
What is interesting is this:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?
Wonder why there would be a link to ebay!?
This is all just theorising from someone who knows not what of he speaks.
Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada