GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Julian Candy wrote:
mechanismj wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:
warphead wrote:This thread has become very embarrassing.

You're probably not the first to say that.

Julian Candy, I finally found out out why you have that avatar! Faul or Paul?

I was wondering when someone would catch that.

Just watched the "documentary" a couple nights ago! Very interesting!

Telepath
mechanismj wrote:
The Friendly Stranger wrote:
Vexille wrote:
Cupz wrote:
polar sky wrote:
Since they wrote 90+ tracks during Geogaddi and only chose 23 (24 on the Japanese release) out of the 90+ tracks...

They also said they work months on a single hi-hat sound. I don't really see how they have the time to do 90+ tracks....unless they actually have a time-machine.
Honestly I think that's just BS on the level of Richard James interview BS.

They might have 90 tracks. But I doubt they can all be complete. I'm sure some of them are basic ideas that had potential but never got developed further. Like an interesting melody that never made it into a full track.

I dunno... I reckon they'd be complete to the standard of most other artists but not given the full BoC anti-production treatment.

Yeah, depends on what you consider a track, really. I consider every little project I've started to be a potential track. Therefore, I've written HUNDREDS of tracks.

I think I might be close to a thousand on that one :wink: I should really start keeping track.

Boqurant
Awww crap. I had a dream about BoC again. Now I know that they're gonna play a concert in Vancouver, release a single, and also post an odd looking scribble about their concert in Vancouver before it happens. A lot of the track-titles for the album (which are gonna be revealed on a new mini-site) are pretty Autechre-inspired. Like "TRK1000-EST1" and other names similar to that.

I should get out of bed.

Happy Cycler
Enoch wrote:Awww crap. I had a dream about BoC again. Now I know that they're gonna play a concert in Vancouver, release a single, and also post an odd looking scribble about their concert in Vancouver before it happens. A lot of the track-titles for the album (which are gonna be revealed on a new mini-site) are pretty Autechre-inspired. Like "TRK1000-EST1" and other names similar to that.

I should get out of bed.

Ah, ya gotta love dream language.

Posts Quantity
I didn't know where else to share this, but the boardsofcanada youtube page has a new background image. It's pretty cool. I'll try to link to it here.

http://i2.ytimg.com/u/9D7VN2HldiRFdxFvC ... v=4ef5c476

apriorion wrote:I didn't know where else to share this, but the boardsofcanada youtube page has a new background image. It's pretty cool. I'll try to link to it here.

http://i2.ytimg.com/u/9D7VN2HldiRFdxFvC ... v=4ef5c476

You're right too! 8)

Slow down...

They also added this video of Sequoia to their youtube channel yesterday. A few old tunes confirmation is confirmed.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:They also added this video of Sequoia to their youtube channel yesterday. A few old tunes confirmation is confirmed.

Cool :)

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:They also added this video of Sequoia to their youtube channel yesterday. A few old tunes confirmation is confirmed.

They've already had AFOT videos on their channel for a while now....like a Buckie High video....which is gone now... :(

Happy Cycler

Indeed! That is definitely NOT from the tape! Great quality!

Happy Cycler
mechanismj wrote:

You mean this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38909028/18%20Sequoia.mp3 ?

Also, I'm sensing a new BoC theme here. Snow.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Eagle Minded
Rodheh wrote:
mechanismj wrote:

Definitely. Only problem with that is that means they may not release it until the end of this year if they're going for a snow/winter theme. Still, I'd happily wait that long if it means it WILL come out this year :)

Eagle Minded
Since it's a new year, I'd like MDG just to make a simple post saying if it will or wont come out this year. It would be a nice thing to do.

The909Virus wrote:Only problem with that is that means they may not release it until the end of this year if they're going for a snow/winter theme. Still, I'd happily wait that long if it means it WILL come out this year :)

We usually get snow Jan/Feb in the UK. Nov/Dec is usually too mild.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:
The909Virus wrote:Only problem with that is that means they may not release it until the end of this year if they're going for a snow/winter theme. Still, I'd happily wait that long if it means it WILL come out this year :)

It might not mean a thing. Perhaps they just updated it because it's winter now. Who knows if the music itself has anything to do with it.

Happy Cycler
The909Virus wrote:
Rodheh wrote:
mechanismj wrote:

Definitely. Only problem with that is that means they may not release it until the end of this year if they're going for a snow/winter theme. Still, I'd happily wait that long if it means it WILL come out this year :)

So will I.

After waiting as long as it's been, 10-12 months or so is like a week in this regard. I'll be happy as long as we don't have to wait several years more.

Eagle Minded
mechanismj wrote:
Mexicola wrote:

It might not mean a thing. Perhaps they just updated it because it's winter now. Who knows if the music itself has anything to do with it.

Good point however, at least to my knowledge, they haven't done that before. I think we're just looking for any hints to a new album but this is still the most active they've been for a while?

Gut instinct? It's nothing other than another mini-indication that they're still a going concern. I'll be surprised if it's any indication of how the new album will sound/look.

As always, I state this hoping against hope to be proven entirely wrong almost immediately. :wink:

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Rodheh wrote:
mechanismj wrote:

Where did this sparkly clean version come from? Thanks for posting.

Happy Cycler
Mr Sheep wrote:
Rodheh wrote:
mechanismj wrote:

Where did this sparkly clean version come from? Thanks for posting.

A CD, I would presume, or possibly someone with a really good deck and cables. A whole selection of the Old Tunes that I have (update: I checked and it seems to be just She Is P, Sequoia, possibly 5.9.78, Wendy Miller, Up The March Bank and possibly Nova Scotia Robots, kind of difficult to tell without knowing which sounds are intended as lo-fi or just low quality) is around this quality and then about half of it is just regular cassette quality. Whether that means they were ripped from another collection of tracks or something, I'm not sure.

If that's not the case, then it must just be a high level equipment rip most likely with some remastering to make it sound cleaner, because as far as I know Old Tunes was not released on CD and as far as I know no other early CD releases besides Boc Maxima have been confirmed by Bocpages.

Does anyone know anyone in possession of the tapes now? It would be nice for someone to re-rip the whole thing to FLAC with really high fidelity equipment.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada