GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Now it's time for a thread palindrome (9449)

Sherbet Head
seems as though they have unliked a tweet

such skullduggery

Dayvan Cowboy
Technology sucks

Sent from my iSubdermal using Nervetalk

Sherbet Head
numbers are lucent?

Dayvan Cowboy
Infinite Lines of Colourful Sevens

Seven Forty Seven (747)

TH Track 11 - Split Your Infinities (7+4/7 - 7/4+7)

Sherbet Head
Doctor Opo, is your profile picture a Philipp Jeffreys reference? :-) ALL

'...it's slippery in here...'

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
Okay! Some things!

1. Phillip Jeffries is my personal god; and

2. The BoC twitter page is back down... to 65 Likes. What the hell, Opothecary? You should have posted a lengthy text with maths and images and diagrams explaining what this means! You're slipping, man! I need another healthy intravenous dose of positive affirmations that a new BoC album is indeed on the horizon.

PS. You can never go wrong with Colorado weed... good lord I'm high... :mrgreen:

Dayvan Cowboy
What was the end-all be-all date in December that Opo's entire theory hinged on? I think it's coming next week. I'll go ahead and speak for everyone in hoping that he's right so we can get some news of upcoming BOC in our life...

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:What was the end-all be-all date in December that Opo's entire theory hinged on? I think it's coming next week. I'll go ahead and speak for everyone in hoping that he's right so we can get some news of upcoming BOC in our life...

I thought it was November the 2nd?

Dayvan Cowboy
I feel like I've made it pretty blatantly clear that I feel there will be a 2018 pattern, and it won't resolve itself until next summer.

Much of my theorizing all along has revolved around there being separate 2016 and 2017 patterns with their own rules that act as a mirror of sorts to one another. I never took into account that there could be a 3rd year/pattern that reconciles the first 2, so that's my fault. I still stand by my work, it just didn't take into account that it would keep going and going.

So in short, notice that I am not committing to saying 2018 is the end but if I'm right, many things that we've seen so far will begin to make sense around the middle of next year.

I've got specific dates in mind that will probably give people who have followed me so far an "oh duh" type moment the same way they have me, but why spoil it for everyone else so far ahead of time?

I will say that you're already starting to see some things resolve themselves to an extent, such as the dual :57 timestamp tweets in 2016 followed by Seven Forty Seven being posted now, which is Video 114 on their playlist (2:57 being a reference to the timestamp on the Cosecha console) a 3:11 timestamp post in 2016, and another one in 2017...these things should make more sense soon.

Lastly, why delete an old tweet from 3/11/12 on 3/28/17? I will say that my realization about this late in the game was the #1 factor in turning me off about 11/3/17 and making me realize that this thing would extend into 2018.

One hint only, think of a specific span of time between point A and B, and apply it somewhere else - and why that specific span of time?

PS: I'm not that super interested in likes appearing and disappearing at the moment. Maybe they're hinting at something, I think the idea of the tweet/like sum was used to hint at certain things happening when you bounce it off their playlist (ie. Beware the Friendly Stranger coinciding with Mike's tweet, etc) but I feel like we're beginning to enter a holding pattern for the time being.

Dayvan Cowboy
Let's have some fun with similar timestamps:

11:32 - Amo Bishop Roden
23 Nov (reverse) - Seven Forty Seven

02:57 - Nothing is Real
10:57 - Open the Light

3:31 - LSD #1 (like)
3:11 - LSD #2 (tweet)
3:11 - An Eagle in Your Mind

2:25 - Peacock Tail
2:55 - Seven Forty Seven

The Peacock logo pictured in the tweet was first used by NBC on 5/22/56. Layer the date with the timestamp (522+225=747)

Dayvan Cowboy
Going back to Amo, remember that Mike's tweet arrived the same day. You could make a perfect 24 hour window between their timestamps.

11:32am - Amo
12:28pm - Mike

Well we've seen 11:32 reverse into a tweet date, let's use the same trick with Mike:

11:32 <-> 23 Nov (747)
12:28 <-> 22 Aug

The trick of course is that the hour in this game is always up to the eye of the beholder due to time zone differences. It could just as easily be 2:28 as it is 12:28, but reversing it in the same manner as 747 will always start you off with August 2-something, no matter what.

They seem to be flirting with the console's timestamp recently, so why not the date too?

Dayvan Cowboy
Aaa. Opothocary is back on the numbers, good. The board was slowing down a bit.

But then again, it tends to between releases.

Posts Quantity
page 474 about 747, post n° 1447 numerical poetry
whooosh

Dayvan Cowboy
PadraïK wrote:page 474 about 747, post n° 1447 numerical poetry

That's a good catch!

But yeah Valotonin, it is kind of lean times. I have an odd confidence specifically about when these lean times might end, but it's a little like making the mistake of impatiently flipping to the back of a long book that you're reading - I know that there's a couple chapters left before the exciting climax, but I only vaguely know how long those last couple of chapters will be, but I think I know how it all ends and I feel that we all have a little more waiting to do before we see how it turns out.

To be clear, I don't think the next couple moves will matter too much. Maybe they will get a little more overt about connecting the dots to some of the earlier steps, but we're still in the window dressing phase for a little while yet.

Remember, the black box lasted for 2 years and a little bit of change (early 2011-April 2013?). I think like the black box, this process will work itself out over a similar timeframe and is more or less a statement of intent to their fanbase/label that also serves as a self-deadline - they have the opportunity to mostly work at their own pace and put life's other priorities first most of the time - so saying "okay, let's get this hashed out within the next 2 years" is about as close to a deadline as they will ever get.

That being said, it would suck if they made us wait until 2019!

Dayvan Cowboy
It hasn't happened, but today wouldn't be a bad day for a tweet

Sherbet Head
been a poor year for music, can really do with a proper appearance by you know who

Eagle Minded
Maybe if we think, and wish, and hope, and pray, it might come true?

Dayvan Cowboy
realspiel wrote:Maybe if we think, and wish, and hope, and pray, it might come true?

Wait some months

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada