GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
john fonda wrote:been a poor year for music, can really do with a proper appearance by you know who

Hopefully next year will be a better year for music.

Dayvan Cowboy
in the future

Sherbet Head
couple more likes on twitter

really heating up now :)

Dayvan Cowboy
john fonda wrote:couple more likes on twitter

really heating up now :)

it's still awhile off, but we are getting there...

Sherbet Head
I was kidding

Dayvan Cowboy
john fonda wrote:I was kidding

hey man, this stuff is serious business! :D

Sherbet Head
not until warp make an official move ahem

Dayvan Cowboy
hey, we're 5 tweets and 17 likes away from there being a perfect 42/84 split of tweets/likes.

Boqurant
New tweet ! https://twitter.com/boctransmission/sta ... 7039074304

For the 20th anniversary of MHTRTC :D

Dayvan Cowboy
MadMaz wrote:On Official BOC twitter :D We can see with the date theory ?

Replied here so as not to infect the other thread about it...

I had originally predicted something happening 12/28, but this works too. So it seems as if the last couple posts are sort of reinforcing something that I have been hinting that I believe is the concept for 2018 - "infinities" - lets look back at the last couple of posts to see some split ones.

9/27 = 36 (3:11pm) +57 days

11/23 = 34 (2:55pm) (Video 114) (2x55=110) +36 days
12/29 = 17 (4:14pm?)

Lots of cool little subliminal things happening. Peacock Tail in 2016, the logo referencing something that happened on 5/22/56 with a 2:25 timestamp (adds up to 747) and 2 different :57 timestamps hidden in 2016 come back in 2017 to combine into Video 114 (Seven Forty Seven) after a 57 day gap between posts.

A "36" later on becomes a 36 day gap between posts. A timestamp (2:55) references the number of days between the last post of 2016 and the first post of 2017 (2x55=110 days)

The other concept that I believe they are toying with here is "the past inside the present" - when we look at the combined tweets and likes against the playlist, Videos 101-106 are almost all MHTRTC related, now we get this announcement at the 106 mark.

This brings me to videos 40-42. All the TH promo stuff is grouped together here on the playlist, with 42 being csch, or "harvest". My prediction is that we should get good news once we hit around the 40-42 tweet mark. For all we know, they will probably delete something along the way so it may not be as close as it seems, but it's close in the overall scheme of things. I have an idea of when this might happen, but no need to directly ruin the fun, I think we have a little way to go yet.

Speaking of deleted things, properly understanding the one thing that they deleted before the first post of this year might be the key to everything...

In closing, I think they will wrap it up in such a way that makes it visible to even skeptics that there was indeed a pattern along the way. Things are starting to line up nicely for something like this:

42 tweets (Video 42 - "Harvest")
84 likes (Video 84 - "Ready Lets Go")

84+42=126 (Video 126 - "Split Your Infinities")

Who knows, a 44/88 split could be a possibility too given the year/concept - I like the 42/84 split myself.

There you go, my official look forward to 2018, enjoy :)

PS: Looks like another like, too - from 37/67 to 38/68

Friendly Stranger
I have a gut feeling something will happen when they hit either 69 or 70 likes...

Dayvan Cowboy
OrangeRomeda wrote:I have a gut feeling something will happen when they hit either 69 or 70 likes...

It is funny how recently they've settled into a routine of shortly afterward adding a like every time that they tweet, both sums ending in the same digit, in the past I had talked about that weird little section of the video playlist between entries 102-111 beginning and ending with "Heard from Telegraph Lines" - so I guess maybe they will keep doing that until they hit 70 likes and 40 tweets at the same time if they keep it up (adding up to that 110 that seems to be an important number too)

Dayvan Cowboy
New like today.

38/69 = 107 total

Videos 103-106 were MHTRTC-centric, now 107-108 are about "live music". 108 in particular is cool because its from Warp's 10th birthday vs MHTRTC's 20th. Always halving or doubling things in this game.

Time for the subliminals...

Video 39 (on deck for the tweets) shows seeds sprouting in the still photo

Fun fact, Video 107 was published 2/20/09 - announced event/MHTRTC anniversary is 4/20/18

Posts Quantity
Is this thing still going on?

Dayvan Cowboy
Cyclosa wrote:Is this thing still going on?

Who is more foolish. The person you perceive to be a fool or the person that makes it his mission to waste their time in constantly reminding him of it?

Just kidding, though. Its all love and I don't see any harm in this thread so why worry?

Friendly Stranger
Opothecary wrote:
Fun fact, Video 107 was published 2/20/09 - announced event/MHTRTC anniversary is 4/20/18

420. Woo

Dayvan Cowboy
OrangeRomeda wrote:
Opothecary wrote:

420. Woo

Blazit M9
Having a week long smokathon on the beach to celebrate it. The first person to throw up more than a gallon of bile and/or to get themselves stoned to the extent they feel that everyone else on the beach is in on a secret conspiracy to humiliate them on national television for the benefit of plastic overlords gets a free cassette.

Happy Cycler
Five tracks.

Three are variations of Reach for the Dead.

Two are various edits of Dayvan Cowboy with two hidden tracks (one remixed by Slowdive) each combined. Running time 66:66:66:666:6666:66:6:5:66:6:6⁷....6 (running time ten trillion billion thousand million hundred minutes. Speakers/headphones optional. All pre-orders receive a bag of "sticky mysterious substance" from Hex Sun HQ.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. The old has gone, the new is here!

Dayvan Cowboy
the version we got taught was a bit more poetic but also clear to read, in my view: "therefore if any one is in christ, he is a new creation: the old has passed away, behold, the new has come."

i can hear it in an irish drawl just thinking about it now.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada