GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
I find the tomorrow's harvest album catalogue artwork very interesting -- some imagings make more sense upside down and have layers of perspectives... I'm so grateful for BoC. Damn bro

Sherbet Head
So I guess today was another dead end :(

Dayvan Cowboy
chronical wrote:So I guess today was another dead end :(

I've been pretty cool on the eclipse theory for awhile, it felt like one of those things that was almost TOO in your face in terms of the clues that were out there, and also seemed like a cliched move on their part, but it was definitely the first viable date that I felt we could possibly hear some news this year. I'm also kind of cool on September other than maybe the 9th or the 19th, and even those don't feel right to me either.

Here's what I like right now in terms of announcement -> release dates and why (most of which is a rehash, but worth a review now that we're past August 21st). We are looking for a 21 and possibly a 168, we have 42 and 84 already:

October 11th -> November 28th - TH Tracks 10 and 11 (10+11=21) sitting on top of their Soundcloud account followed by tracks 17 and 2. November 28th is interesting because of how the 28th of the month has been used this year every 4 months (same as Left Side Drive last year, June 14th and October 14th, 2016):

3/28 -> Dayvan Cowboy tweet
7/28 -> Sometimes Remix vinyl
11/28 -> ?

Remember that an old tweet from "3/11/12" was deleted on the same day that Dayvan Cowboy went up as well - subtle hint of a triple pattern separated by 4 months each? They did something similar last year with Broken Drum -> Peacock Tail -> Nothing is Real, each separated by 24 days. (7/7 -> 7/31 -> 8/24)

November 10th -> December 14th - November 10th, same idea as above re: 10+11/Soundcloud. December 14th is cool because conceptually it ties last years pattern (6s) with this year (7s), and it also fits the 21 -> 42 -> 84 -> 168 pattern that August 21st did as well.

Sherbet Head
Is anyone else included in the new BOC album campaign or is it just for attention seeking mathematical geniuses?

Sherbet Head
you're appreciated x

Opothecary wrote:
chronical wrote:So I guess today was another dead end :(

I've been pretty cool on the eclipse theory for awhile, it felt like one of those things that was almost TOO in your face in terms of the clues that were out there, and also seemed like a cliched move on their part, but it was definitely the first viable date that I felt we could possibly hear some news this year. I'm also kind of cool on September other than maybe the 9th or the 19th, and even those don't feel right to me either.

Here's what I like right now in terms of announcement -> release dates and why (most of which is a rehash, but worth a review now that we're past August 21st). We are looking for a 21 and possibly a 168, we have 42 and 84 already:

October 11th -> November 28th - TH Tracks 10 and 11 (10+11=21) sitting on top of their Soundcloud account followed by tracks 17 and 2. November 28th is interesting because of how the 28th of the month has been used this year every 4 months (same as Left Side Drive last year, June 14th and October 14th, 2016):

3/28 -> Dayvan Cowboy tweet
7/28 -> Sometimes Remix vinyl
11/28 -> ?

Remember that an old tweet from "3/11/12" was deleted on the same day that Dayvan Cowboy went up as well - subtle hint of a triple pattern separated by 4 months each? They did something similar last year with Broken Drum -> Peacock Tail -> Nothing is Real, each separated by 24 days. (7/7 -> 7/31 -> 8/24)

November 10th -> December 14th - November 10th, same idea as above re: 10+11/Soundcloud. December 14th is cool because conceptually it ties last years pattern (6s) with this year (7s), and it also fits the 21 -> 42 -> 84 -> 168 pattern that August 21st did as well.

Sherbet Head
Preordering the boxset now comes with an advanced calculus test for the true algebra collective.

Dayvan Cowboy
warphead wrote:Is anyone else included in the new BOC album campaign or is it just for attention seeking mathematical geniuses?

You know, we're more alike than you think. I very much wish this was a collaborative effort - no math genius required, just an understanding of how to add, subtract and multiply 1 through 31 along with an appreciation of BoC's aesthetics regarding numbers and subliminals going back 20 years.

People bitched about the black box that never changed before TH came out, but it sounds like maybe thats what people would rather have as a statement of intent after all, rather than a puzzle to solve while they wait for the bun to come out of the oven. Cynicism and entitlement rule the day, replacing any intellectual curiosity that surrounded this fanbase in the late 90s/early 00s.

Don't take it as a personal attack, I blame the internet at large

Dayvan Cowboy
To get it back on track post eclipse, I really like November 3rd too - what if like the eclipse date, 10+11=21 is another troll and it's really supposed to be 11+3=14? - meaning the sequence isn't 84 -> 42 -> 21, but 84 -> 42 -> 14 instead ? Either sequence makes sense, as the first 2 numbers are divisible by either 14 or 21.

So far, there have been multiple 3/11s hinted at in the sequence - the timestamp on the 10/14/16 Left Side Drive post and the March 11th 2012 tweet that disappeared on March 28th earlier this year.

As I've pointed out in the past, that LSD post pairing was really interesting, because the release date of TH (June 10th) is hidden within the dates of the 2 posts (6/14 -> 10/14) - maybe the next one is hiding in plain site in the same posts as well - and what if the negation of March 11th on day 1 of this year's sequence means we should look at the opposite date represented by those numbers, which is November 3rd ?

While we added the date of the official post last year (10+14=24) with the 3:11 timestamp, what if we multiply it this year? (10x14=140)

84+42+14=140

For past precedent for using this type of approach, Mr. Mistake came out on 7/21 (7x21=147, or 84+42+21=147)

For one last bit of ambiguity, Aquarius (containing the "42, 24" numbers paired together) appears twice in the video playlist:

Video 33 (3x11) - Aquarius - LSD Post #2 posted at 3:11am MT
Video 110 (10x11) - Aquarius Version 3 - LSD Post #1 posted at 3:31am MT, this video was published to YT on March 31, 2009,

In short, November 3rd, 10th and 28th all seem to be likely suspects at this point in their own ways. November 3rd and 10th are also both Fridays, the most common day of the week for new releases.

Opothecary wrote:
warphead wrote:Is anyone else included in the new BOC album campaign or is it just for attention seeking mathematical geniuses?

You know, we're more alike than you think. I very much wish this was a collaborative effort - no math genius required, just an understanding of how to add, subtract and multiply 1 through 31 along with an appreciation of BoC's aesthetics regarding numbers and subliminals going back 20 years.

People bitched about the black box that never changed before TH came out, but it sounds like maybe thats what people would rather have as a statement of intent after all, rather than a puzzle to solve while they wait for the bun to come out of the oven. Cynicism and entitlement rule the day, replacing any intellectual curiosity that surrounded this fanbase in the late 90s/early 00s.

Don't take it as a personal attack, I blame the internet at large

Don't mind ol' Warphead. He's the forum curmudgeon and we wouldn't want him any other way.

Warphead...play nicely now my old fruit. Those claws are so sharp you'll hurt yourself ;-)

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
I'm so bad with numbers and at math, I always read your posts carefully and have read the BOCPages article at least twice, unfortunately is like reading japanese to me, I just can't understand it. Hope something happens by the end of the year!
---
Fuck transphobes

Dayvan Cowboy
Radiobuzz wrote:I'm so bad with numbers and at math, I always read your posts carefully and have read the BOCPages article at least twice, unfortunately is like reading japanese to me, I just can't understand it. Hope something happens by the end of the year!

I know it's easier for some people to visualize stuff rather than read a wall of text, which is why I do something like this every so often. Conceptually, it's really all about the intermingling of Aquarius, Echus and Olson on the video playlist in relation to specific dates and certain numbers.

At this point it's really just time to sit back and watch, with the eclipse date now being established as a New Clear Dawn style fnord in relation to the sequence, it gets way easier to put stock into other dates that I had felt better about. Like I mentioned in my post to warphead, I wish it had been a more collaborative effort over the past year or so, but I feel like I've cracked the code as best as I can on my own.

Conceptually speaking, I have tried to isolate the "3/11"/140 relevant data to the left side, and the "11/10"/84 data to the right - basically grouping 2 similar sets of data along different paths.

Interesting bit of trivia, 55 days passed between the posting of Left Side Drive and Open the Light on Twitter last year (largest gap of time in the sequence within the year) - if we subtract 55 days from November 3rd, we land on September 9th (9/9, the mirror date of when things started up on 6/6 last year)

10/14 -> 12/8 (55 days)
9/9 -> 11/3 (55 days)

Dayvan Cowboy
One last thought about the 3/11/12 tweet which was deleted, a side effect was that the combined number of likes and tweets on their account briefly dropped to 78. It's been made private now, but video 78 was "Hey Saturday Sun" at the time.

Hey/Saturday Sun - 3/11
Hey Saturday/Sun - 11/3

Dayvan Cowboy
Happy Nothing is Real day. Heavily revised with small bits of now irrelevant speculation removed and new ones added.

This is it, now we wait.

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Theories

Dayvan Cowboy
Looks like the cliched pre-release social media purge has begun, just a little bit. Like the Mr. Mistake Soundcloud hints, I think it may be region bound due to licensing so not everyone can see it unless they have a VPN or whatever.

In their YouTube channel, the Playlists tab has also featured all of their official releases in audio only format in a separate Albums section.

They have recently removed everything else In the section except for Geogaddi, MHTRTC and IABPOITC. There used to be 77 tracks, now theres 45. I am pretty sure this has just happened within the last couple of days since I remember stopping by there on the eclipse day to see if there was anything new.

If we look at what's left, Geogaddi is 23 tracks - the only FB post that has been made so far this year was on June 17th (6/17) - with MHTRTC at 18 tracks, does this mean the 9/9 hype is real?

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote: does this mean the 9/9 hype is real?

I really really doubt it but let's hope you're right :)

Dayvan Cowboy

Posts Quantity
Now and then i come back to this thread only to find that nothing is real. Carry on.

Dayvan Cowboy
Those cats move fast when they have the inclination, now the entire Albums section has disappeared from US Youtube, leaving behind the 4 actual playlists with the order changed around. I kind of get why they kept around that odd 1 song playlist for TH now.

Now how about some bloody music? See you all in 2 weeks.

Boqurant
More power to you and your enthusiasm, but you've come to conclusions several times that keep getting changed. All these number games are just the equivalent of Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day. I have no doubt that whenever something new really DOES happen, you'll be able to add, subtract, multiply by the date when some cult offed itself, and divide by the sun's rotation on all hollow's eve, but in the end it's just all tailored to fit a narrative that's not true.

I feel like people are dumbing BOC and their image down by even assuming every single step they take must be some sort of mystery.

Posts Quantity
My thoughts exactly

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada