GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Aren't you glad you asked?

Anyways, I could also see the broken track 21 being a future nod to the Mr. Mistake vinyl coming on 7/21

Eagle Minded
Opothecary, will your article for bocpages still be published? I was waiting for it ever since you've mentioned it as I honestly would love to sit down and read a more articulate or complete version of your theory.
---
Fuck transphobes

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:
ryetronics wrote:
Opothecary wrote:RDJ and BoC trolling in tandem this summer, I love it

http://aphextwin.warp.net/

Wait, what does this have to do with BOC?

Originally, when RDJ's countdown kicked off around Field Day, it was slated to end right on July 6th before it got thrown into keeping its own version of time, apparently now much further away than July 6th. Watch it, it's not keeping any real sense of time with how it counts down at this point, but back then it was very easy to see it.

I've theorized it to death in this thread, but last year all of BoC's social media posts moved in iterations of 6/24/96/192 (applying mathematics to the dates that they were posted) - this year they seem to be 7/21/42/84. Its easiest to think that 2016 moved in 6s, this year they are moving in 7s. July 6th would have fit in with BoC's current pattern (7x6=42)

Anyways, it's been noted that RDJ "invaded" BoC's Soundcloud, Track 21 of Geogaddi seems to have been permanently replaced with an RDJ track.

Lastly, "Beware the Friendly Stranger" is posted twice in BoC's video playlist - Video 85 and 43 (85-43=42) - so in its own way, its like they were warning us that RDJ was going to troll us.

Is it a stretch of the imagination? Sure, but RDJ's thing has had a lot of visibility - and he's had a track hiding out on Soundcloud's version of Geogaddi, conveniently a track number that would fit into BoC's own pattern. It's been like that for 4 months, so I'm certain it's intentional by now.

You know what? I'm actually buying into this.

Dayvan Cowboy
Radiobuzz wrote:Opothecary, will your article for bocpages still be published? I was waiting for it ever since you've mentioned it as I honestly would love to sit down and read a more articulate or complete version of your theory.

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Theories

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:http://bocpages.org/wiki/Theories

Can't believe I miss that, thanks man!
---
Fuck transphobes

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:
ryetronics wrote:

Originally, when RDJ's countdown kicked off around Field Day, it was slated to end right on July 6th before it got thrown into keeping its own version of time, apparently now much further away than July 6th. Watch it, it's not keeping any real sense of time with how it counts down at this point, but back then it was very easy to see it.

I've theorized it to death in this thread, but last year all of BoC's social media posts moved in iterations of 6/24/96/192 (applying mathematics to the dates that they were posted) - this year they seem to be 7/21/42/84. Its easiest to think that 2016 moved in 6s, this year they are moving in 7s. July 6th would have fit in with BoC's current pattern (7x6=42)

Anyways, it's been noted that RDJ "invaded" BoC's Soundcloud, Track 21 of Geogaddi seems to have been permanently replaced with an RDJ track.

Lastly, "Beware the Friendly Stranger" is posted twice in BoC's video playlist - Video 85 and 43 (85-43=42) - so in its own way, its like they were warning us that RDJ was going to troll us.

Is it a stretch of the imagination? Sure, but RDJ's thing has had a lot of visibility - and he's had a track hiding out on Soundcloud's version of Geogaddi, conveniently a track number that would fit into BoC's own pattern. It's been like that for 4 months, so I'm certain it's intentional by now.

It gets deeper! RDJ and BoC Forever!

:INDIFFERENT SPACES:
all albums [IS1-IS13] available here:
http://indifferentspaces.bandcamp.com

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:Aren't you glad you asked?

I'm glad he asked :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Is that pic for realz?

Dayvan Cowboy
2 weeks until the Mr. Mistake vinyl!

7x21 = 147
84 + 42 + 21 = 147

Dayvan Cowboy

Anyways, I could also see the broken track 21 being a future nod to the Mr. Mistake vinyl coming on 7/21

You've blown my mind. Was not expecting a response like that... but I ain't complaining!

Great sleuthing and thanks for summing it up with a tiny bow!

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:

You've blown my mind. Was not expecting a response like that... but I ain't complaining!

Great sleuthing and thanks for summing it up with a tiny bow!

Glad you're on board. Here's it all laid out visually. Next up, to celebrate the picture disc release on July 21st, I'll show my work for the main event coming later this year. Think Tomorrow's Harvest and Peacock Tail for that one.

http://i.imgur.com/OXPMu5y.png

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:
ryetronics wrote:

Hmm I'm also beginning to buy into this

Can I just put on record, if Opothecary is right about this, whether BOC intended this or it became a self-fulfilling prophecy, he should immediately be promoted to head of Twoism.org's new data analysis department. His title? I give you (drum roll please, this took thought)....

Head EXpert of Analytics Gained Or Noticed.

I hawk yow. I'm here all week. Try the fish.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Can I just put on record, if Opothecary is right about this, whether BOC intended this or it became a self-fulfilling prophecy, he should immediately be promoted to head of Twoism.org's new data analysis department. His title? I give you (drum roll please, this took thought)....

Head EXpert of Analytics Gained Or Noticed.

I hawk yow. I'm here all week. Try the fish.

Too bad we don't have custom titles here, I'd take a HEXAGON Agent one in a heartbeat if I'm right about November 10th!

You're right though...the RDJ thing could be a self fulfilling prophecy. Its been heavily rumored that the countdown is for the launch of an Aphex Twin Bleepstore and maybe it just wasn't ready when they thought it would be. WATMM seems to have figured out that its now counting down to July 20th. For all the hard times they give us, some of the meltdowns in their countdown thread give the most out there and excessive posts in this thread a run for their money!

In retrospect, Geogaddi being listed with a 2007 year of release and having track 21 replaced is a clear nod to Mr. Mistake coming on July 21st, it could just be a happy coincidence that they were originally going to launch his Bleepstore on a date relevant to BoC's thing...we'll probably never know for sure.

Dayvan Cowboy
When tweets and likes combined reach 84, you will soon have a new release at your door

Telepath
If this all turns out for the realz and boc didn't intend it, it sure would be a testament to the power of numerology magic :)

warphead wrote:Originally, when RDJ's countdown kicked off around Field Day, it was slated to end right on July 6th before it got thrown into keeping its own version of time, apparently now much further away than July 6th. Watch it, it's not keeping any real sense of time with how it counts down at this point, but back then it was very easy to see it.

Hmm I'm also beginning to buy into this[/quote]This is amazing. Can you imagine the phone conversation they did to set this one up? haha
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Dayvan Cowboy
I am making 3 final peculation posts on this topic, today, July 21st and July 31st before I vacate this thread for good. Today, I'm going to rehash the Left Side Drive tweet, the deleted tweet, Olson, Echus and how they are all related to each other. It's important to what's coming.

On 14/6/16, BoC liked a fan tweet of the Left Side Drive video. In retrospect, 14/6 falls into 2017's pattern (14x6=84)

On 14/10/16, the same video of Left Side Drive was tweeted with a timestamp of 3:11am MT. This is important, because MT is the time zone that Banff, AB is in (as pictured in the tweet)

On 28/3/2017, an old tweet from 11/3/2012 was deleted and replaced with Dayvan Cowboy. Dayvan Cowboy established the new 7 based pattern for 2017 (28x3=84) This is the first time that we can specifically correlate a time to a date in this process. Let's also take note of Video 113 in the video playlist - it's Olson (Saskatoon Blizzard) - this is important because Saskatoon is roughly near Banff. (113 being read as March 11th)

What's more important than this instance of Olson is the other 2 times Olson show up in the list - entries 94 and 46. Add them together, you end up with 140 (the same sum as the Left Side Drive tweet, if multiplied (14x10=140) Video 140 itself is Echus. The second Echus is 146, which is the video that was added to the list on April 3rd, long after the original playlist had been created. Again, break down 146 to 14x6=84. The two Left Side Drive tweets, Olson and Echus all tie together.

94 and 46 will both have meaning in what's coming up, but they will both establish different things.

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote: this is important because Saskatoon is roughly near Banff.

While I appreciate your theories, I wouldn't call 700+ kilometres "roughly near" each other :mrgreen:
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
drixlin wrote:
Opothecary wrote: this is important because Saskatoon is roughly near Banff.

While I appreciate your theories, I wouldn't call 700+ kilometres "roughly near" each other :mrgreen:

For the purposes of what's being done here, it's about as close as they could get to dropping a clue to get you to look at Olson. If the video was in Hawaii or something, it would be pointless to mention.

If you figure out 311 from looking at the right time zone for the tweet, this isn't much of a stretch. By later removing a tweet from that date, I think it reinforces that the number combination is relevant. (and of course, the other 2 Olsons happen to add up to 140, which breaks down to 14/10, which was the date with the 3:11 timestamp)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada