GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
TH's official release date? how are you getting those numbers again?

I like the theory, it does seem like some stuff is linked but like I said I have not read all you posts on this so i'm struggling to see what you are seeing from all this.
I mean, what would be the point of doing this for two years just to mirror some info? Why not just come up with a year long idea that does not mirror. Unless mirroring is part of a theme? And what happened when they "closed the circle" on last years shenanigans?
It's definitely interesting regardless.

I do get the feeling something is coming and think that they are maybe doing something more nostalgia, maybe 60's based. Listening to Sometimes remix it could be a clue to their process of late. They are using old mixing ideas or maybe using a really old console and tape etc because all their drums are are mono and off on one side. Reminds me of Love's forever changes but lots of great music was mixed like this back then. Was this a one off style especially for the remix or are they playing with a theme?
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
That Waco miniseries thread/trailer reminded me that the Waco siege was 51 days, crazy that it's the number they used to break the pattern last year after Nothing is Real, which I already viewed as the big fuck you/fnord type post within the sequence.

I mean shit:

8/24 -> 10/14 (51 days)

and even using Amo Bishop Roden to reverse that into 15 days this year.

9/12 (Amo Bishop Roden) -> 9/27 (An Eagle in Your Mind)

It's interesting how whenever possible, 2016 was the "negative" side of the mirror - the implications of 6/6/6, using -6 UTC to hide 3:11 vs using +7 UTC this year to do the same - the 51 day gap (referencing a negative event) vs a 15 day gap (referencing a tangentially related upbeat tune).

My hats off to them - they managed to work so many subtleties into this - hell, they buried the eventual release date in a Youtube video 3 1/2 months before they even got started making actual posts.

Dayvan Cowboy
2016's posts, aside from showing us that they were working with date based patterns incrementing by 24, didn't initially seem to have a lot of surface value in the long term - all the good information was hiding in the timestamps when viewing from the correct timezones:

6/6/16
7/31/16 (2:25pm) - 22x5 = 110 being the long haul number of days between milestone posts later on
8/24/16 (2:57pm) - set your timezone to UTC +2 to match the Cosecha console to uncover something at a later date
10/14/16 (3:11am) - I have a pretty good idea of what this will be (11/3/17)
12/8/16 (10:57am) - timestamp while NIR's timestamp matches the opposite of Cosecha. - 10x57 = 570 days (6/6/16 -> 12/28/17)

Bonus:

9/27/17 (3:11pm)

For Geogandhi's benefit, one more time:

6/6/16 -> 7/31/16 (55 days)

8/24/16 -> 10/14/16 (51 days - Nothing is Real stalls the proper pattern, matching the length of the Waco siege, reversed down to a 15 day gap in 2017 toward the end of the 220 day subpattern - much like going with UTC +2 to match the Cosecha timestamp, this is also +2 days after the Cosecha date)

10/14/16 -> 12/8/16 (55 days)
12/8/16 -> 3/28/17 (110 days)
3/28/17 -> 11/3/17 (220 days)

11/3/17 -> 12/28/17 (55 days)

The final posts of 2016 and 2017 were both songs from 1998 - subtract this years number (7) from the middle, you get 1228 both times

Posts Quantity
Well if anything this whole debacle has certainly made me become an active Twitter checker.

Dayvan Cowboy
30 (H(2)) and 37 (n) = Hn which is you listen to it with your headphones upside down vaguely sounds like track b06 from r35tt. 35 + 6 = 41 i.e. 1st of April meaning the whole thing is a piss take !!

Ha ha ha ha!!!! Techboy is in the pub ladies and gentlemen. Get yersel a chaser pal ;-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Aw don't burst his balloon guys.
I am pretty sure it isn't anything, but a vague set of mental images exist of myself reading a future interview

Marcus: But one savvy fan had it figured out from the start, well done Opothocary, you win a tour of our music factory and a lifetime supply of 8-track tape.

Opothocary is given a copy of hooper bay as a test and at the end of the tour returns it to the brothers rather than accepting Eyesix's offer of £20,000 for it.

'Well done boy! You've won! I know you would I just knew it. Let's take a ride on the BoC-o-Coaster.
(dropping acid whilst they tell you all of their production secrets)

Posts Quantity
Opothecary wrote:2016's posts, aside from showing us that they were working with date based patterns incrementing by 24, didn't initially seem to have a lot of surface value in the long term - all the good information was hiding in the timestamps when viewing from the correct timezones:

6/6/16
7/31/16 (2:25pm) - 22x5 = 110 being the long haul number of days between milestone posts later on
8/24/16 (2:57pm) - set your timezone to UTC +2 to match the Cosecha console to uncover something at a later date
10/14/16 (3:11am) - I have a pretty good idea of what this will be (11/3/17)
12/8/16 (10:57am) - timestamp while NIR's timestamp matches the opposite of Cosecha. - 10x57 = 570 days (6/6/16 -> 12/28/17)

Bonus:

9/27/17 (3:11pm)

For Geogandhi's benefit, one more time:

6/6/16 -> 7/31/16 (55 days)

8/24/16 -> 10/14/16 (51 days - Nothing is Real stalls the proper pattern, matching the length of the Waco siege, reversed down to a 15 day gap in 2017 toward the end of the 220 day subpattern - much like going with UTC +2 to match the Cosecha timestamp, this is also +2 days after the Cosecha date)

10/14/16 -> 12/8/16 (55 days)
12/8/16 -> 3/28/17 (110 days)
3/28/17 -> 11/3/17 (220 days)

11/3/17 -> 12/28/17 (55 days)

The final posts of 2016 and 2017 were both songs from 1998 - subtract this years number (7) from the middle, you get 1228 both times

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]

This is too big for us! It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside of an enigma! You're getting too close to the truth, man!

Boqurant
Maybe there going to release reworked versions of old songs?

Dayvan Cowboy
Haha John, maybe I was, maybe I wasn't, anything more would be telling!

Honestly at first I was vaguely amused by this but it's silly now. Changing your timezone to get the answer you were looking for - that's industrial scale reaching.

I don't know if there is a pattern or a hidden message or if there is just a marketing intern who doesn't know what a stir he's causing over here but my guess is the latter because there is nothing resembling a pattern described in the posts here, imo. Sorry for being a downer, I'll buy you the new album if I'm wrong.

Dayvan Cowboy
Techboy wrote:Haha John, maybe I was, maybe I wasn't, anything more would be telling!

Honestly at first I was vaguely amused by this but it's silly now. Changing your timezone to get the answer you were looking for - that's industrial scale reaching.

I don't know if there is a pattern or a hidden message or if there is just a marketing intern who doesn't know what a stir he's causing over here but my guess is the latter because there is nothing resembling a pattern described in the posts here, imo. Sorry for being a downer, I'll buy you the new album if I'm wrong.

You can buy me a pint if I ever make it out that way!

Boqurant
2:57

or

3before3

?
Palace Posy

Techboy wrote:Haha John, maybe I was, maybe I wasn't, anything more would be telling!

'Maybe'?!? My arse y'roaster. You were on your fifth pint of heavy and you know it :lol:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
As promised, put in an hour or so of elbow grease to add some recent info and remove a bit of irrelevant information. Be back here in a month or so!

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Theories

Sherbet Head
they liked more posts on twitter, such teasing :)

Dayvan Cowboy
john fonda wrote:they liked more posts on twitter, such teasing :)

Sure, after all they had to mirror their number of tweets for the sake of making sense of Video 99 (36+63) (A is to B as B is to C) exactly 36 days before November 3rd :P

video 100 "boards of canada" on deck - that Gyroscope video that won the WATMM contest circa Geogaddi

8/24 -> 51 days -> 10/14 (3:11am -6 UTC)

9/12 -> 15 days -> 9/27 (3:11pm +7 UTC)

Posts Quantity
The real question is what are we getting on 11/3 - album or album announcement?

Either way the end of October is going to be an exciting time for me in more ways than one...

Dayvan Cowboy
15Dreams wrote:The real question is what are we getting on 11/3 - album or album announcement?

Either way the end of October is going to be an exciting time for me in more ways than one...

Definitely just an announcement. You can dig out a few instances of both 11/3 and 12/28 throughout different posts.

There's a 55 day gap between those dates, the same way there's a 55 day gap at the very beginning of the sequence from last year (Macquarie Ridge -> Peacock Tail) - so again, think of a mirror - while An Eagle in your Mind is this year's version of a bookend in relation to Macquarie Ridge in terms of fan video posting and them both being a "36", the separate overall "(2016) 55 days -> 55/110/220 <- (2017) 55 days" pacing is separate and the 55 day range should be used at the end as the distance between announcement and release, just like it was at the very beginning last year - hope that makes sense.

I know it obviously doesn't make sense to some, so I think you're wired to get it or not get it. For the life of me, I could never see the hidden picture in those cheesy 3D photos they sold at the shopping malls in the 90s, so I kind of equate this puzzle to that. There's no Warp intern banging out completely random posts at just the right dates and times while Mike and Marcus go about their days obliviously, I promise. :P

I've got a busy late October/early November too, I'll be in Niagara Falls Canada for our 10th anniversary when the news likely drops - I hope Mike and Marcus announce it before 1pm ET when I leave for the weekend, lol

PS - 2 new likes that tell Mike and Marcus to "take their time on new material" - one's an obvious bot. Wet blanket time, and I know why they picked today to do something like that - do you?

Boqurant
Opothecary wrote:
15Dreams wrote:
I know it obviously doesn't make sense to some, so I think you're wired to get it or not get it. For the life of me, I could never see the hidden picture in those cheesy 3D photos they sold at the shopping malls in the 90s, so I kind of equate this puzzle to that. There's no Warp intern banging out completely random posts at just the right dates and times while Mike and Marcus go about their days obliviously, I promise. :P

I've got a busy late October/early November too, I'll be in Niagara Falls Canada for our 10th anniversary when the news likely drops - I hope Mike and Marcus announce it before 1pm ET when I leave for the weekend, lol

PS - 2 new likes that tell Mike and Marcus to "take their time on new material" - one's an obvious bot. Wet blanket time, and I know why they picked today to do something like that - do you?

well, lets wait and see.you have done a great job. i think it would be an amazing if they announce an album on the halloween week and release on winter. probably even darkek vibes (?). finally i would come in peace, because of that continuation of TH, that they promised, i finally would be able to come to my conclusion on what BOC is really is (?)
Palace Posy

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada