GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
^Love that photo.

I revisited PIC's website and found this... from the series "What Hercules Sees."

http://peteriaincampbell.co.uk

Eagle Minded
Yay i'm drunk as feck and lurking the twoism forum there's nothing new. Well I guess this is as usual.

Eagle Minded
Yep, business as usual. There will come a day where we are collectively losing our shit over a release or teaser, hell even a tweet would do it, but today is not that day. And that is okay, I have been working on being patient. It is not easy though.

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:
dustbowl27 wrote:Yes. Looks like they were uploaded in November. Some of the new uploads may just be higher quality scans of older photos.

Thanks for sharing the photo. I was already scanning over the pictures page trying to catch which ones I might not have seen before. I must have scrolled past that one, very cool, I don't recall seeing it before.

Most of the hi-res picts are from Peter's website . The pict dustbowl27 posted here is from a scan from 1998 Coda Magazine. Few other pictures are from interviews as well. More interviews to come ;)

Boqurant
ZosoCon wrote: More interviews to come ;)

Unseen previous interviews or future interviews? only time will tell..

Eagle Minded
whyte wrote:
ZosoCon wrote: More interviews to come ;)

Unseen previous interviews or future interviews? only time will tell..

Yeah previous, new to bocpages. Though would be awfully nice to see some future ones soon.

Boqurant
ZosoCon wrote:
Yeah previous, new to bocpages. Though would be awfully nice to see some future ones soon.

Nice one. I'd love it if someone managed to dig up an unheard audio interview. Or imagine a video interview surfaced? Very very very unlikely but it would be cool.

Sherbet Head
whyte wrote:
ZosoCon wrote:

Nice one. I'd love it if someone managed to dig up an unheard audio interview. Or imagine a video interview surfaced? Very very very unlikely but it would be cool.

I've heard something about footage of the lighthouse gig. But that may just be a rumor.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

New Seed
ZosoCon wrote:Yeah previous, new to bocpages. Though would be awfully nice to see some future ones soon.

We can only hope mate

Dayvan Cowboy
Moloch wrote:Yay i'm drunk as feck and lurking the twoism forum there's nothing new. Well I guess this is as usual.

I'm getting there myself friend, that's what the weekend is all about

Digging this "Other Half - Double Sunset" - clocking in at ~13.7% ABV, a glorious dark stout designed to turn heads and make your other beer geek friends green with envy. It's a sipper, but something real special. I wish they would have sold me more than 4 bottles...

Think I'll get into some Candy From Strangers from the same brewery next depending on how I'm feeling...managed to snag both the silver (pecan and vanilla) and gold (peanut butter) versions a couple weeks ago, pecans and vanilla are nothing to grouse at, but peanut butter is definitely my go to.

Eagle Minded
Where did you find such a beauty?

Posts Quantity
Sometimes I wonder if the brothers won't want to release a new album until we've found EVERY sample source, for both the songs and the album art of Tomorrow's Harvest. Maybe we aren't worthy yet?

Sherbet Head
GeoDose wrote:Sometimes I wonder if the brothers won't want to release a new album until we've found EVERY sample source, for both the songs and the album art of Tomorrow's Harvest. Maybe we aren't worthy yet?

Honestly I don't really think they give a shit. Why would they? They make music just because they want to, and others get to be lucky to listen to it.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Sherbet Head
If they only just wanted to make music for the sake of it why would they bother releasing it

Posts Quantity
luminousdusk wrote:If they only just wanted to make music for the sake of it why would they bother releasing it

And why would they give Warp the go-ahead to launch the Tomorrow's Harvest ARG? :?:
That whole thing wasn't exactly rudimentary...

Sherbet Head
luminousdusk wrote:If they only just wanted to make music for the sake of it why would they bother releasing it

Because they can probably use the money, of course. But I assume you can imagine that they are not making music because they want to release it to earn money. It's called artistic integrity. For that same reason they probably don't really care that much what people think of their work.

Making music is the #1 thing they do because that is what they love doing, and it happens to be so good that people are willing to pay for it.

It's not a transactional thing like a proper job, i.e. you work and you get salary.

Also, if they would not be making music for the sake of it they probably would've released a lot more music, don't you think?

GeoDose wrote:And why would they give Warp the go-ahead to launch the Tomorrow's Harvest ARG? :?:
That whole thing wasn't exactly rudimentary...

Because it's a win-win-win for the band, the label AND the fans (well, most of 'm anyway).

Sherbet Head
I think they want to release it so that people can enjoy it, they want other people to hear and explore their creations.
I dont think they make music simply for their own fun.. and then sell it to profit as an afterthought. I mean obviously they enjoy doing it.
I think they genuinely they want other to feel what they feel when they make their music and they obviously would like us to discover all the Easter eggs which they have mentioned, they like hearing what the listeners pick up on. I mean Easter eggs are obviously put there for people to find, if it was to make for their own sake.. they know what the Easter eggs are so why hide them! This is an integral part of BoC I think.

Sherbet Head
luminousdusk wrote:I think they want to release it so that people can enjoy it, they want other people to hear and explore their creations.
I dont think they make music simply for their own fun.. and then sell it to profit as an afterthought. I mean obviously they enjoy doing it.
I think they genuinely they want other to feel what they feel when they make their music and they obviously would like us to discover all the Easter eggs which they have mentioned, they like hearing what the listeners pick up on. I mean Easter eggs are obviously put there for people to find, if it was to make for their own sake.. they know what the Easter eggs are so why hide them! This is an integral part of BoC I think.

When you do something out of love you don't need any reason whatsoever. I highly doubt they take the likes and dislikes of fans in consideration when creating art. Of course it's beautiful to share that which you create, but it's not the main reason to do what you love in the first place.

I think it's a lot of wishful thinking of fans that feel they are in any way involved in all this. Their absence in communication makes that very clear I think. Although like you said, I do also think they genuinely want others to feel what they convey in their music. That is a much deeper way of communicating. Oddly enough, the silence on their part is part of their communication, because they solely communicate through their music (besides the handful interviews).

Dayvan Cowboy
test
test
test

Eagle Minded
This is a test, I'm counting: one two three four fiiiiiiiiiiiiive
---
Fuck transphobes

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada