GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Keeoaddi wrote:

hopefully she will take better care of it than that hipster guy

That will definitely give the guy incentive to post here again :roll:

Friendly Stranger
Does it count if my girlfriend didn't know of Boards but over the last two years I've transformed her into a BoCcer? Even though it's not the same, I'd like to think I'm making a difference 8)

Also, I've been refreshing that 2020k page neurotically. Both my roommate and I are going to continue scouring the internet for more clues. I have not been this excited for an album in, well, ever.
willowtalk.bandcamp.com

Boqurant
MindElevation wrote:Nah man I completely disagree. I think releasing the codes over a selection of different platforms is way better and more exciting.

+1

Sherbet Head
DawnChorus wrote:Does it count if my girlfriend didn't know of Boards but over the last two years I've transformed her into a BoCcer? Even though it's not the same, I'd like to think I'm making a difference 8)

Also, I've been refreshing that 2020k page neurotically. Both my roommate and I are going to continue scouring the internet for more clues. I have not been this excited for an album in, well, ever.

Yeah It's the same for me. My GF hadn't heard of them til she met me. And now she loves them. Which is way better than having a girlfriend who just isn't receptive or interested in their music whatsoever.

Posts Quantity
Fantastic post from the BoC subreddit:

Image[/url]

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:
Keeoaddi wrote:

I really have missed a lot of what's going on here. The thread's are updating too fast.

Also, re: the picture, good to see one of the kids on the front of MHTRTC and how she's grown up to be a BoC fan (I'm guessing someone already made this joke, like, 400 pages ago)

Sherbet Head
Treefingers wrote:
Magrathea wrote:
Keeoaddi wrote:

I really have missed a lot of what's going on here. The thread's are updating too fast.

Also, re: the picture, good to see one of the kids on the front of MHTRTC and how she's grown up to be a BoC fan (I'm guessing someone already made this joke, like, 400 pages ago)

.. and she still hasn't grown a face :cry:

Sherbet Head
Treefingers wrote:
Magrathea wrote:
Keeoaddi wrote:

Yeah it's nice to see how she has embraced her lack of facial features and still walks the streets proudly

Sherbet Head
MindElevation wrote:
thepastinsidepressant wrote:so my thoughts that this wouldn't turn out too great are coming to light presuming of course
this Rough Trade vinyl has the exact same audio on it.
not too great is that they're having to feed the rest of these codes through other means.
the ideal would have been 6 different records in 6 different time zones with 6 different codes to be found and decoded. that risk was obviously too high. its turned to gimmickery now for sure, helping us cos there are types out there that would of got one of the unique 12s and sold it on or looked at it and thought nothing about going online, they may not even use the internet etc

risky business of course

Nah man I completely disagree. I think releasing the codes over a selection of different platforms is way better and more exciting.

I'm with you there, it's a lot more fun and interesting I think. Glad to see they're doing something different than 6 records, and I don't find it to be gimmicky in the slightest actually. It's gonna be fun finding all these clues, wherever they will be, and then trying to male sense of it all.

Sherbet Head
DaveJ wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
thepastinsidepressant wrote:so my thoughts that this wouldn't turn out too great are coming to light presuming of course
not too great is that they're having to feed the rest of these codes through other means.
the ideal would have been 6 different records in 6 different time zones with 6 different codes to be found and decoded. that risk was obviously too high. its turned to gimmickery now for sure, helping us cos there are types out there that would of got one of the unique 12s and sold it on or looked at it and thought nothing about going online, they may not even use the internet etc

risky business of course

Nah man I completely disagree. I think releasing the codes over a selection of different platforms is way better and more exciting.

I'm with you there, it's a lot more fun and interesting I think. Glad to see they're doing something different than 6 records, and I don't find it to be gimmicky in the slightest actually. It's gonna be fun finding all these clues, wherever they will be, and then trying to male sense of it all.

yeah I don't understand the haters of these mysterious clues. I also don't understand people who say it is so "un-BoC like". It's completely BoC like. What are they talking about.

Boqurant
Anybody extracted the audio of the csch video? I could use it as a ringtone (and creep everyone around me when I get a call)

Sherbet Head
MindElevation wrote:
DaveJ wrote:
MindElevation wrote:

risky business of course

yeah I don't understand the haters of these mysterious clues. I also don't understand people who say it is so "un-BoC like". It's completely BoC like. What are they talking about.

I liked the idea of 6 records at first, but I was delighted to see that they were doing something a little more different and I think it's very clever. Been an exciting two days so far, hope some more stuff happens today!

I just seen a 2nd record was found, and it's the same as the first? Maybe there are 6 copies of this around the world so, like the record store in NY claimed. Am I up to speed and correct in saying that there are still 2 sets of numbers so far? I seen all the new stuff last night ie. the Hell Interface videos and all that. Wonder too if they will continue with the youtube stuff, they may continue with the Julie and Candy video for providing clues to other sources.

Sherbet Head
I just seen a 2nd record was found, and it's the same as the first? Maybe there are 6 copies of this around the world so, like the record store in NY claimed. Am I up to speed and correct in saying that there are still 2 sets of numbers so far? I seen all the new stuff last night ie. the Hell Interface videos and all that. Wonder too if they will continue with the youtube stuff, they may continue with the Julie and Candy video for providing clues to other sources.

It sounds like you are completely up to speed. Still just the two sets of numbers. I have a feeling they will use a completely different platform to release the next set of numbers. I just don't see it being likely that they would use youtube again. What that platform may be I don't know. The radio maybe!?[/quote]
Last edited by MindElevation on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
MindElevation wrote:
DaveJ wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
DaveJ wrote:
MindElevation wrote:

risky business of course

I liked the idea of 6 records at first, but I was delighted to see that they were doing something a little more different and I think it's very clever. Been an exciting two days so far, hope some more stuff happens today!

It sounds like you are completely up to speed. Still just the two sets of numbers. I have a feeling they will use a completely different platform to release the next set of numbers. I just don't see it being likely that they would use youtube again. What that platform may be I don't know. The radio maybe!?

Cool, yeah I don't know if they would use youtube again, but it still may provide us with clues as to where to be looking. Hopefully anyway ha

Friendly Stranger
Like the one they're going to use today to broadcast the first record?

Yeah, I reckon that radio broadcast later today will be more than just the first record.

Sherbet Head
I really hope they somehow manage to interupt all tv broadcasting and show a 20 second advert revealing the next code to millions of people around the world.

Posts Quantity
ixy wrote:Like the one they're going to use today to broadcast the first record?

Yeah, I reckon that radio broadcast later today will be more than just the first record.

I sincerely hope you're right, and it seems quite plausible.

Sherbet Head
lawrenke wrote:
ixy wrote:Like the one they're going to use today to broadcast the first record?

I sincerely hope you're right, and it seems quite plausible.

I think the radio broadcast is just something that lilcakey (owner of the first record found in NY) has set up. Just to play the record he bought on a local or student radio station. I may be wrong though.

Boqurant
jf wrote:Anybody extracted the audio of the csch video? I could use it as a ringtone (and creep everyone around me when I get a call)

http://www.filedropper.com/717228mp3_1 should work :wink:

Eagle Minded
MindElevation wrote:I really hope they somehow manage to interupt all tv broadcasting and show a 20 second advert revealing the next code to millions of people around the world.

i'm thinking billboard advertising in some strange location.. or possible some kind of guerilla sticker campaign for one of them.
We had a dream last night. We had the same dream.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada