GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
MindElevation wrote:I really hope they somehow manage to interupt all tv broadcasting and show a 20 second advert revealing the next code to millions of people around the world.

Hah.....imagine that.............

Just sitting watching the Beeb at tea time and the ticker tape goes....

*This just in, detectives are appealing witnesses to a cr...........\\963474\\.........ime that took place in the east midlands on Saturday night*

FML that would be awesome

J

Friendly Stranger
Billboards would be too risky. It could take days or even weeks to be discovered. Or it may never be discovered.

Interrupting TV signal would also be a bad idea. It's not legal and it wouldn't exactly be difficult to find out who's behind it.

Eagle Minded
ixy wrote:Billboards would be too risky. It could take days or even weeks to be discovered. Or it may never be discovered.

Interrupting TV signal would also be a bad idea. It's not legal and it wouldn't exactly be difficult to find out who's behind it.

Not interrupting......just intruding a little.

And we all kinda know who is behind it. Same way the WARP guy dropped the record in.

WARP could very well be operating to very strict instructions here for a "client". That is all we would know or could find out.

:D

Sherbet Head
MindElevation wrote:
Nah man I completely disagree. I think releasing the codes over a selection of different platforms is way better and more exciting.

vinyl records and internet video, what are the other selection of different platforms?

an aeroplane perhaps with a messaged flag tailed on

its like, heres a video just in case the record aint found. it defeats the purpose and spoils it cos the sole record idea is not fool proof

Eagle Minded
http://pitchfork.com/news/50443-second-boards-of-canada-12-found/

Pitchfork weighing in on vinyl #2

In the description for the video, there's a link to another YouTube titled "csch" (which FACT points out is an acronym for the Canadian Society for Circumpolar Health) ...
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Sherbet Head
thepastinsidepressant wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
Nah man I completely disagree. I think releasing the codes over a selection of different platforms is way better and more exciting.

vinyl records and internet video, what are the other selection of different platforms?

an aeroplane perhaps with a messaged flag tailed on

its like, heres a video just in case the record aint found. it defeats the purpose and spoils it cos the sole record idea is not fool proof

Who knows what other ways they might release the numbers. But doing it by 6 different records is just not as exciting as revealing them in different, unpredictable ways. And it isn't like "here's the video just in case the record aint found" because the video revealed completely different numbers to the record.

Other platforms could be:

Revealed at some kind of event/gig
Revealed at a particular location
Radio
DVD
A webpage/their own website/facebook/twitter
They could even send someone like Fredd-E a 1 of a kind cassette tape which reveals the next set of numbers.

Who knows. But it's fun trying to guess and waiting in suspense.

Friendly Stranger
First clue on 4/20, next clue on 4/22, if this pattern sticks for all 6 number sets that would put the last one on 4/30, a tuesday. Probably nothing, but I figured it could be worth mentioning.

Dayvan Cowboy
aloiv2 wrote:First clue on 4/20, next clue on 4/22, if this pattern sticks for all 6 number sets that would put the last one on 4/30, a tuesday. Probably nothing, but I figured it could be worth mentioning.

I can get on board with the completion of the puzzle/announcement 4 weeks ahead of the rumored release date.

New Seed
Er...Hell Interface's video has just disappeared. Channel still there though https://www.youtube.com/user/hellinterf ... d?filter=2
The Spirit Of Dark and Lonely Water

Sherbet Head
Huff The Talbot wrote:Er...Hell Interface's video has just disappeared. Channel still there though https://www.youtube.com/user/hellinterf ... d?filter=2

you could never access that video from their page man, you needed the link. I tried last night again after watching the clip and it said they had no videos up, but it was still there if you followed the link. So i'm sure it still is. But then again, maybe it's deleted?
Last edited by DaveJ on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head

Posts Quantity
I really wonder why the nuevas semillas video was uploaded on August 2011… Have they spent the last two years planning all this ARG? Maybe the new album is ready since the black box appeared, they just got a few problems with the teasing and had to wait almost 2 years before starting it… Just an idea, I doubt it's true.

Eagle Minded
Ottomatik wrote:I really wonder why the nuevas semillas video was uploaded on August 2011… Have they spent the last two years planning all this ARG? Maybe the new album is ready since the black box appeared, they just got a few problems with the teasing and had to wait almost 2 years before starting it… Just an idea, I doubt it's true.

I was just thinking about this. They must feel awesome right now if they've been planning this for more than one year and everything's going into order now.

New Seed
DaveJ wrote:
Huff The Talbot wrote:Er...Hell Interface's video has just disappeared. Channel still there though https://www.youtube.com/user/hellinterf ... d?filter=2

you could never access that video from their page man, you needed the link. I tried last night again after watching the clip and it said they had no videos up, but it was still there if you followed the link. So i'm sure it still is. But then again, maybe it's deleted?

Ye. Realised my mistake there almost straigtaway. D'oh. Been at this since 7:30 this morning. Going to have a break now. Bet it all kicks of when I'm away. Hae fun. Happy Cycling.
The Spirit Of Dark and Lonely Water

Eagle Minded
I have a musing over how this is playing out - which I'm sure anyone who has been able to keep up has thought of already, but still..

So at this point, I would still say there are 4 more albums to be found (based on Other Music guy saying there were 6 total, I don't doubt this) HOWEVER, as we saw today from Rough Trade - they are all the same.

I believe the vinyl was "step one" with them being put out on RSD to kick this all off. They (warp/boc) had it planned to start on vinyl, then once the furor started, move onto other mediums. Why do I think this? Because if Hellinterface didn't happen last night, but instead the Rough Trade album was found first - we would have had very different discussions.

They banked on 1 of the 6 being found SOMEWHERE on/close to RSD to start the shenanigans and now we all get to see how far the rabbit hole goes.

I'm super excited about this - this is such a great way to build up interest without blowing through a bank full of cash on marketing. It's as genius as it is cheesy, and for that I absolutely love it.

For anyone still bitching about how this is stupid and that they want the album already I say to you: Fill out a cheque/money order/or throw some cash in an envelope and send it to:

boards of canada: c/o hexagon sun
po box 28607
edinburgh, scotland
eh14 7ya
U.K.

...if you are so eager to part with your money.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

New Seed
"Now on BBC Radio 1 ‏@NowOnRadio1 27m
♫ ------ / ------- / ------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX - by Unknown #bbc"
Last edited by rank_gorpio on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rank_gorpio wrote:Now on BBC Radio 1 ‏@NowOnRadio1 27m
♫ ------ / ------- / ------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX - by Unknown #bbc

Errrr. He's not kidding. Holy shit.

Last edited by Mexicola on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Whaaat link whhaaat missed damn oh fudge it was there!

e. And my post number 666! Damn! Black magic!
Last edited by Saakki on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friendly Stranger
Holy fucking shit who got the number?

Check this out: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/#objects/d8 ... 1:49+01:00

Eagle Minded
HOLY FUCK WHAT TIMING!

I just fired it up and am now listening to the new Crystal Fighters as well! What a fucking day!!!! Amazing!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada