GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I'm pretty sure there was some random dude implying BOC would make music for money. Dunno where those posts ended up. But my answer would be: well, releasing one full-length album every 8 - 10 years, not playing live... You cannot make a living out of it. Even when you're part of the WARP roaster. So, nope... BOC is music, not money ;-)

Eagle Minded
"We’d be making music anyway even if nobody was listening, and we’ve no intention of stopping." (Marcus Eoin, 2013)

Source: https://de-bug.de/musik/interview-board ... he-sphinx/

Sherbet Head
Mozart wrote:"We’d be making music anyway even if nobody was listening, and we’ve no intention of stopping." (Marcus Eoin, 2013)

Brilliant, thanks!
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Mozart wrote:"We’d be making music anyway even if nobody was listening, and we’ve no intention of stopping." (Marcus Eoin, 2013)

Period.

Eagle Minded
Yeah that's definitely one of my favourite quotes and helps ground me when I am airing on the slightly impatient side. Like another user mentioned on here the other day, to stop waiting for the next release really helps. I've been trying to abide by that and keep myself occupied. I've got a feeling that we will probably be getting something next year, but then again that is just speculative imaginative leaping. One can dream though!

Eagle Minded
I’d say definitely expect some new material in 2019. Maybe nothing huge, but they are probably going to put out something for Warp 30. But for anything major, I’d say 2020. Just speculation though.
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
Yeah that'd be very nice! I don't ever remember a time in my life where I have been listening to their music so much. I've been a fan for most of my life, but I think this year has marked a very big shift in how often I actually seek out their music. I especially think that it took awhile for Tomorrow's Harvest to really resonate with me. It's amazing how much it has actually grown on me, moreover, I loved it when I first heard it, but I just couldn't grasp the depth it has to it...now I am feeling as if I understand it to a better degree. Additionally, I have been really getting a kick out of listening to their Old Tunes 1/2 and R35TT, which I have always liked, but never really payed much attention to. Totally fascinating stuff - some of what I thought were just obscure tunes ended up being personal favourites of mine.

Eagle Minded
I mean: we already have a SHITTON of material available. Every listen is like a fresh start, a new discovery. The Devil Is In The Details so every spin is different from the other. We're amongst the luckiest already, musically speaking.

Dayvan Cowboy
Roswell wrote:But for anything major, I’d say 2020. Just speculation though.

this is so far away, I won't make it

Eagle Minded
Mozart wrote:Yeah that'd be very nice! I don't ever remember a time in my life where I have been listening to their music so much. I've been a fan for most of my life, but I think this year has marked a very big shift in how often I actually seek out their music. I especially think that it took awhile for Tomorrow's Harvest to really resonate with me. It's amazing how much it has actually grown on me, moreover, I loved it when I first heard it, but I just couldn't grasp the depth it has to it...now I am feeling as if I understand it to a better degree. Additionally, I have been really getting a kick out of listening to their Old Tunes 1/2 and R35TT, which I have always liked, but never really payed much attention to. Totally fascinating stuff - some of what I thought were just obscure tunes ended up being personal favourites of mine.

Very much agree with this... I found I am “addicted” to BOC! Can’t go a day without at least hearing “Iraq Says” lol
If I could smoke a J of pure solidified BOC essence with everything I love and get from their music..... i’d be in paradise...lol jkjk

Dayvan Cowboy
9/9/2019

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:Looks like Geogaddi went missing from YT/Google Play a couple days ago...

FYI, it came back from the dead

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:9/9/2019

Eagle Minded
Yeah that is slightly interesting that Geogaddi is back up on youtube. Opothecary, are you thinking 9/9/19 since it kind of looks like 666 upside down? Or is that too obvious? Either way I hope that you're right lol since that it right around the corner.

Anyways, as far as speculation goes, I can't seem to get enough of it. I really enjoy reading through the various theories that all of you come up with, it really does help to pass the time haha. I don't mind waiting for the next release since I know that the brothers like to take their good old time with the music and make sure that it done correctly in their eyes. Whatever the case may be, I am quite certain that it will be worth the wait.

Dayvan Cowboy
why I see HD Putin on the screen?

Eagle Minded
Mozart wrote:Yeah that is slightly interesting that Geogaddi is back up on youtube. Opothecary, are you thinking 9/9/19 since it kind of looks like 666 upside down? Or is that too obvious? Either way I hope that you're right lol since that it right around the corner.

Anyways, as far as speculation goes, I can't seem to get enough of it. I really enjoy reading through the various theories that all of you come up with, it really does help to pass the time haha. I don't mind waiting for the next release since I know that the brothers like to take their good old time with the music and make sure that it done correctly in their eyes. Whatever the case may be, I am quite certain that it will be worth the wait.

Well I've got 666 tattooed in reverse on my blady face. It's not that obvious really, only a few people get it.

Dayvan Cowboy
Mozart wrote:Yeah that is slightly interesting that Geogaddi is back up on youtube. Opothecary, are you thinking 9/9/19 since it kind of looks like 666 upside down? Or is that too obvious? Either way I hope that you're right lol since that it right around the corner.

Things first got weird in this vein on 6/6/16. Why not just flip it and call it a day?

Eagle Minded
I love you guys haha

:twisted:

If I ever hit the lottery I am going to donate a few million to warp to try to get them to commission a new album ;)

Dayvan Cowboy

Good old-fashioned hearsay bullshit. No numerology involved. I feel nostalgic ;-)

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada