GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
@mexicola I was just about to post this, you guys are fast.

To be fair, I approved the post on Facebook so I had a head start on you lol

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Halfway?

Jesus, it’s been 5 years since TH.

See you guys in 2023.

Dayvan Cowboy
So fast to believe in friendly strangers and so hesitant to believe in info from the source

Dayvan Cowboy
Here's some special numerology thats nice for today (9/6/18 - day 822)

This ones for you Mexi

6/6/16 -> 2/28/19 = 2y8m22d

228 <-> 822

Sherbet Head
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Halfway?

Jesus, it’s been 5 years since TH.

See you guys in 2023.

They may have had a brake after TH.
Maybe they started 2 or 3 years ago.

But there's Warp 30 TM.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Eagle Minded
Things like this, no matter how insignificant they may appear to be, always light me up like a Christmas tree. We want to believe!

Opothecary wrote:Here's some special numerology thats nice for today (9/6/18 - day 822)

This ones for you Mexi

6/6/16 -> 2/28/19 = 2y8m22d

228 <-> 822

I don't hold much stock by either 'source' I'm afraid.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
So the conversation goes:

BoC Friend- "met with Mike and Marcus yesterday spoke to them about a new album"
Steve Fendwick "No way, what's the intel?"
Friend " halfway though mate"
Steve "great, did you see celebrity big brother last night?"

Halfway Bloody Through, my arse.

Eagle Minded
If ever there was a time for MDG to be conjured from the ether it's now.

Eagle Minded
I'd imagine MDG has a life.

Eagle Minded
realspiel wrote:I'd imagine MDG has a life.

Wow, you think?

Boqurant
Best case scenario: by half-way through recording, they mean that all material is written, and they are actually recording the album, ie in production.

Worst case scenario: it's all a load of BS

Dayvan Cowboy
This won't all be bullshit, I promise

In this game especially over the last year or so, I have always felt that 3 (or 33) represents the past (ie 2013, their last proper release) - 2016 (or 6/6/2016 - 66) represents the midway point between albums/start of their mdg-less trolling and that 2019 (or 2019/99) represents the payoff.

I think back to the repeating sample of "19-9-9-9" and figure it will have some sort of relevance someday other than just sounding cool. I remember Marcus saying in an interview that he loved the idea of burying something in their music that wouldn't make any sense until years later. I can't find his exact quote now, but I know that I read it years ago (pre-TH, pretty sure) and seems like something that they would probably want to do.

Why is 33 the "past"? One of the things they did was delete that 3/11/12 tweet out of the blue last year, and their "in reverse" playlist is 33 songs.

Mexi I was really just being jokingly antagonistic with you, all the numbers stuff has its own consistency but of course it's something that can drag out endlessly even following its own logic year to year, giving each year its own set of rules to follow or whatever.

To speculate in a more tangible/optimistic way in a way that everyone should be able to understand using known facts and history, they seemed to indicate in interviews that most of the real heavy work on TH happened within the year or so before it was released.

If someone claims that they say that they're halfway done, that might not be as dire as it sounds, if you think of the possibility that the main work cycle for it is being heavily concentrated within the year prior.

Every album's development probably has its own type of flow and set of circumstances, but its food for thought. I do still feel in my bones that they started all this stuff to troll us and give themselves a private deadline, we obviously are just meant to guess at what it could possibly be.

Sherbet Head
/yawn
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Eagle Minded
Gazebo4 wrote:/yawn
*yawns better* :O

Lol, I know you were dude. I probably come across as a right old curmudgeon, but the problem with the internet is you can't see when I stick my tongue in my own cheek ;-)

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:Lol, I know you were dude. I probably come across as a right old curmudgeon, but the problem with the internet is you can't see when I stick my tongue in my own cheek ;-)
i think mine is superglued there :P :P :P :P

Please don't super glue your tongue to my cheek. I'm not that kind of boy.

Slow down...

Nova Scotia Robot
Mozart wrote:I love you guys haha

:twisted:

If I ever hit the lottery I am going to donate a few million to warp to try to get them to commission a new album ;)

My guess is that they're not the type to rush their art for a wad of cash. Even if it's a huuuuge wad of cash. That's just my guess, though. If you win the lottery and then don't do this because of what I said here today, I don't need 2 angry Scottsmen knocking down my door at 2am looking to break my legs. :lol:

I'm sure warp would happily accept your donation though. Just maybe have a Plan B in the included letter that they build a statue of you at the Warp headquarters. A classy one of you peeing into a fountain while holding two swords (yup, hands free whizzing). :P Or -- OR!!... peeing into the fountain with the difficult to master over-the-shoulder technique. The stream passing through the centers of your favourite warp printed vinyl releases. 8) :lol:

Sorry. My mind is wandering while bored at work.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada