GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
That was a pretty funny read haha. I agree with you, not sure what even entered my mind in the first place and prompted me to say that. Oh well, I guess it is one of those random thoughts, "oh what would I do if I hit the lottery," I am certain that most people would be starting off buying a beach house and a fancy car, but not me, oh no, I'd be trying to give back to the brothers, for they have given so much to me (and many others).

Anyways, back on the topic of speculation, even disregarding that other message, I do have a feeling that they have been working on something. I agree that they probably took (a rightfully deserved/earned) break after Tomorrow's Harvest, but knowing them, they undoubtedly have been tinkering around in the laboratory.

I'm excited for the future of Boards of Canada, no matter which way you slice it. I feel very open to seeing them taking things in a drastically different direction. I am curious as to whether or not they will keep the attitude of "we have become a lot more nihilistic over the years." Don't get me wrong, I certainly like that approach, especially when it comes to music, but there has always been a very keen interest on my part regarding their lighthearted works. The downright silly ones, such as this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pFSC1x ... CM&index=2), always have opened my eyes towards the other side of the brothers musical ideas. Of course, we have our serious tracks, and argubaly all of them in Tomorrow's Harvest fall under that catagory. But I can't help but think what the next BoC album would sound like. It is a topic of fascination that I have found myself thinking about all too often recently. I don't know whether that testifies to the fact that I am a huge fan or that I simply don't have much to think about, haha.

Eagle Minded
Off-topic I know but: to hell with this banner. I defo understand the message behind it, but do we really have to restrain ourselves from throwing up seeing these c*** faces every time we visit Twoism? Sorry for the crude words, but I feel we've got enough media coverage of those ugly faces... no need to add some more.

Nova Scotia Robot
I do find myself scrolling down rather quickly when viewing twoism at work.

Dayvan Cowboy
Mozart wrote:That was a pretty funny read haha. I agree with you, not sure what even entered my mind in the first place and prompted me to say that. Oh well, I guess it is one of those random thoughts, "oh what would I do if I hit the lottery," I am certain that most people would be starting off buying a beach house and a fancy car, but not me, oh no, I'd be trying to give back to the brothers, for they have given so much to me (and many others).

Anyways, back on the topic of speculation, even disregarding that other message, I do have a feeling that they have been working on something. I agree that they probably took (a rightfully deserved/earned) break after Tomorrow's Harvest, but knowing them, they undoubtedly have been tinkering around in the laboratory.

I'm excited for the future of Boards of Canada, no matter which way you slice it. I feel very open to seeing them taking things in a drastically different direction. I am curious as to whether or not they will keep the attitude of "we have become a lot more nihilistic over the years." Don't get me wrong, I certainly like that approach, especially when it comes to music, but there has always been a very keen interest on my part regarding their lighthearted works. The downright silly ones, such as this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pFSC1x ... CM&index=2), always have opened my eyes towards the other side of the brothers musical ideas. Of course, we have our serious tracks, and argubaly all of them in Tomorrow's Harvest fall under that catagory. But I can't help but think what the next BoC album would sound like. It is a topic of fascination that I have found myself thinking about all too often recently. I don't know whether that testifies to the fact that I am a huge fan or that I simply don't have much to think about, haha.

Silly music won't fit BOC. If they want to be silly like Aphex, they should release music every 2-3 years. The wait between albums is just too serious, in my opinion. Still, there are plenty of humor in BOC music, even in TH, it is just have dark undertone :twisted:

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:Silly music won't fit BOC. If they want to be silly like Aphex, they should release music every 2-3 years. The wait between albums is just too serious, in my opinion. Still, there are plenty of humor in BOC music, even in TH, it is just have dark undertone :twisted:

Very much agree with this.
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
Yeah, I guess I should have vocalized my thoughts a bit better (I think I had a wee bit too much to drink last night lol). I think what I meant was that there are probably a whole bunch of sillier songs that they have on their harddrives that would not fit correctly onto a studio album, for good reason, but I bet that if we ever got something similar to an Aphex Twin soundcloud dump then they would have a decent place there. But I guess I'm just speculating there. But yes for a studio album I would 100% rather it have more serious overtones like all of the others have.

I don't know exactly how to pinpoint my feelings towards BoC, as someone who listens to mainly classical music. I've heard others suggest that they evoke nostalgic feelings for places that you didn't even know existed, or along similar lines. But I don't think it is that easy to explain. While I certainly have feelings of nostalgia about my youth when listening to their albums, I think the more fascinating part to me is how they seem to dig up memories that I have entirely forgotten about. I remember a time listening to Sunshine Recorder and I randomly had this memory float into my mind of myself in the backyard playing with my dog, who then chased a rabbit, only to get stuck in a foxhole-- I had to get her out of the hole all while laughing so much til the point it started to hurt. It's something that had been long distanced from my memories, and while it may be seemingly insignificant, it is just amazing to me how BoC can do this. Does anyone else experience similar phenomena when listening to their music?

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:Please don't super glue your tongue to my cheek. I'm not that kind of boy.
rofl dont give me ideas :D

Eagle Minded
Moloch wrote:Off-topic I know but: to hell with this banner. I defo understand the message behind it, but do we really have to restrain ourselves from throwing up seeing these c*** faces every time we visit Twoism? Sorry for the crude words, but I feel we've got enough media coverage of those ugly faces... no need to add some more.

I second that, I don't understand how the banner ties into BOC at all, further I really hope this isn't the new ARG.

Personally I think the silliest song by BOC is ROYGBIV, but it's a classic, and if they did a whole album of cheesy quirky little tunes like that I'd be much alright with it. My speculation is they'll take us to the jungle after being in the desert of TH.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Eagle Minded
This is related to Twoism records as far as I can tell, not BOC. Still: not appreciated at all.

Other than that, Geogaddi feels pretty "jungly" for me... sonically at least! So many layers, sounds... even 16 years after this thing dropped it remains outstanding in that regard :D

Eagle Minded
to me* that's what you get for not proofreading what you wrote before submitting it ;-)

Quit whining.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Moloch wrote:...but do we really have to restrain ourselves from throwing up...

I know how you feel. I get physically ill every time I see Trevor Noah too.

Eagle Minded
What's everyone listening to today?

My motivation has been going to the gym 6/7 days of the week and throwing on a different BoC album each day. So far, it has been really nice to get me "in the zone." 10/10 would recommend!

Anything else ever come out of the speculative post that occurred the other day when the fellow mentioned that he knew a friend of the brothers and said that they are halfway through an album?

Dayvan Cowboy
Mozart wrote:Anything else ever come out of the speculative post that occurred the other day when the fellow mentioned that he knew a friend of the brothers and said that they are halfway through an album?

When/where was this? Interesting if true.

Dayvan Cowboy
It was on the BoC Facebook group.

Eagle Minded
Yep, here it is for those that missed it (https://i.imgur.com/a1IMWFE.png)

Eagle Minded
If that's no fake, that's pretty awesome news!

Edit: loving the comment under the post. Hilarious!
Last edited by Moloch on Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:Quit whining.

Don't worry anymore, I said what I had to say. Now hurry up releasing another volume please! :D

Dayvan Cowboy
My nan is Marcus' fuckbuddy, he told her they would release the album whenever he makes my nan cum for the first time. Unfortunately he hasn't found her vagina yet, it's based somewhere around her ankle these days so it might take some while.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

I shouldn't have laughed at that but...

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada