GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Geogandhi wrote:Warning! very loose coincidental stuff:

The glitches on Warp and bleep where the tracks on TH are wrong and the Peel Sessions artwork links to different artists peel sessions could allude to something. Bear with me... The peel sessions links to Black dog artwork for some reason, (and so does Ae weirdly) but that might just be a clue to look at the peel sessions cover, which has the date on it, 21/7/98. 20 years later lines up with the Blue Dot festival at Jodrell Bank where the Lovell telescope is. Not sure about anyone else but this is the perfect backdrop to see/hear BoC. The tracks that are jumbled on Warp site have tele in the name, telepath is missing and telephasic workshop is there randomly. Now I don't think we're talking a BoC gig but maybe we are talking a transmission teaser, like when they did the Cold Earth stream for TH. The reason behind what they did with the track mixup could be a clue. track 5 is missing (telepath) Transmissions ferox replaces it. transmission at 5pm? maybe 5.16 to be exact because telephasic workshop is now track 16.
Blue dot festivals logo is a hexagon haha!

Of course, this could be the ramblings of a dickhead.

The fact that Ae's peel sessions links to black dog too and the fact that another track of BoC's contains "Tele" and was not used throws spanners in the theory. (spanners links to black dog, woah! jk)

Today is the day of my vague idea. Lets let another fruitless prediction pass by with a nice glass of gin (That's what i'm doing)
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
Music is very mathematically approachable. The perfect math of musical intervals... To me it's the closest we get to the calculus of emotions. I know this dude who went to be like dr in mathemtics and was obsessed with the idea of making a hit by calculation (yes, there's stuff know about dynamics and such, but he wanted to go further and went making a synthesizer that composed music based on medical impulses from sensors on your body, so it could synthesize music suited to your emotional reaction. As far as I heared the system managed to meat to the analysis of your musical taste within 2 houres. But that approach is useless in an environment of multiple human spirits who like to play the game of influence with each other to keep one mind awake. :idea: You would need to analyze the emotional parameters of several people and use an evolving influence-index per person.

Sure we are moving, but direction might be an illusion.

Und the futere of humanity does not necessarily require a boc-release, however appreciated it would be.
whooosh

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:Today is the day of my vague idea. Lets let another fruitless prediction pass by with a nice glass of gin (That's what i'm doing)

Good observations, but I think it was just something that's been there for awhile that no one found until recently that was always meant to hint at last year's release when it was put up like that. We found the Soundcloud Geogaddi fuckery that was hinting at the same information ahead of time, and it's still been left broken like that, a year later.

Left to explain is the TH tracklist, with SYI/Uritual/Nothing is Real being bumped up to tracks 9-11 on Warp's site instead of where they're supposed to be...

Sherbet Head
Yeah, I really wasn't expecting anything to actually happen. Links were far too tenuous but had fun coming up with them none the less, it gave me happy hype for an afternoon or so ha.

Eagle Minded
I have always wondered if the brothers aren’t using secret aliases for other projects... like music scoring.... that we don’t know about. There was a haunting/nostalgic ambient song in “Baby Driver” when baby flashed back to when he was in a car wreck and there was a note progression that gave me chills and it had reverse vocal samples and reminded me of something they would do, I know it wasn’t them on that though

Sherbet Head
Ready lets go was on baby driver, sure it wasn't just that?

Posts Quantity
Opothecary wrote:It's not numerology, its math

What you are doing has nothing to do with math. You would know this if you had any kind of mathematical background. As soon as you start to present your stories as scientific it becomes harmful in my opinion.

Dayvan Cowboy
koroviev wrote:
Opothecary wrote:It's not numerology, its math

What you are doing has nothing to do with math. You would know this if you had any kind of mathematical background. As soon as you start to present your stories as scientific it becomes harmful in my opinion.

I'm so sorry brother, woke up this morning to reports of mass book burnings of everything from Games of Life to Calculus for Dummies. It's gotten away from me and its all my fault...

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:Ready lets go was on baby driver, sure it wasn't just that?

No, i’m sure it wasn’t by them, it was a music score track by whoever scored it and it was during the “flashback” of when he was a kid in the car when he was in the accident.... it has a campfire head phase sound to it with reverse vocals and what sounds like reverse guitar or banjo... much like the beginning of “Sometimes”.... it wasn’t very long but reminded me of something they would write during a moment like that...

Dayvan Cowboy
koroviev wrote:What you are doing has nothing to do with math. You would know this if you had any kind of mathematical background. As soon as you start to present your stories as scientific it becomes harmful in my opinion.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that addiction and subtraction count as math. I feel like you would know this if you had... well, a basic understanding of even the definition of “math.”

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Correct me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that addiction and subtraction count as math. I feel like you would know this if you had... well, a basic understanding of even the definition of “math.”

Sure, but if you're a math guy, I understand that this thing that's happening is not really your type of math. but to call it "dangerous" or "harmful" is definitely some classic internet hyperbole.

For a comparison, we were out to dinner at a good beer bar tonight and I overheard someone order a Budweiser - I told my wife that I thought it was like the equivalent of going to Paris and trying to find a McDonald's or whatever. I like to think of myself as a beer nerd, so Budweiser is not really a beer to me, even though I concede that it is a beer to a lot of people.

So if you're a math guy, cramming together small numbers via addition/subtraction/multiplication to suss out a pattern isn't really going to be your thing. I'll acknowledge as I always have that there's a smidge of numerology in the mix too, so maybe a better comparison for this game is that someone dropped some LSD into your bottle of Bud.

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
koroviev wrote:What you are doing has nothing to do with math. You would know this if you had any kind of mathematical background. As soon as you start to present your stories as scientific it becomes harmful in my opinion.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that addiction and subtraction count as math. I feel like you would know this if you had... well, a basic understanding of even the definition of “math.”

Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Telepath
Opothecary, I'd suggest you put all this puzzle-mystery-solving-energy into a little book called Finnegans Wake. I assure you it is a lot more fun and you get a whoooole lot more out of it. At least until we hear a broken, hauntingly-familiar-sounding flute-like melody in the faint distance.

Nova Scotia Robot
Cupz wrote:.... At least until we hear a broken, hauntingly-familiar-sounding flute-like melody in the faint distance.

Animals and BoCfans alert. Lifting their heads, they crane up and point their gaze towards Scotland. They speak in unison: "T'is the call of Chas and Sauce"

Eagle Minded
The hexagons told me a new album, also including all of their previous "unreleased" material, is due to be released tomorrow.

PS: I'm drunk but I'm sure I'm right. Stay put.

Posts Quantity
19/8, the pack of flying saucages I just ate says it'l be 19/8/18. In the meantime I try to process earlier recorded farts while my wife is watching a videoreport of tomorrowland. does that count as being drunk as well? But if you say tomorrow, okay then
whooosh

Dayvan Cowboy
Yes, my advance copy just showed up in the post

Telepath
Opothecary wrote:Yes, my advance copy just showed up in the post

Cool! Go nuts!

Eagle Minded
koroviev wrote:Obviously, you're not a golfer.
Are you? Go golfing with meeeeeee :D

Dayvan Cowboy
I really like the "bell" sample in New Seeds - The way it warps pretty consistently reminds me of when films would use stock sound effects from Vinyls with slightly off-center pressings. Things like phones ringing etc would have that really consistent vibrato.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada