GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
tonx wrote:If anything ever pushes the brothers to come out from the shadows and just become regular conventional recording artists who announce records in advance, perform, and give interviews and stuff, it’ll be this thread.

warphead wrote:Enough is enough I think its time to kill the high pitch drilling nature of this thread totally dead in my life, I'm actually surprised I gave it as much time in my day that I actually did.

I'm going for a hike in the woods, with some craft ale and a bucket of ice cream *smirks*

Bring your hiking shoes, I'll bring the Heady Toppah and Sip of Sunshine and we'll hit Letchworth or the Gorges in Ithaca mate!

Posts Quantity
Whats wrong with all of you!??!?!?!?!?! Everybody knows they're going back to their roots as in MHTRTC with guitars this time. It's coming out in december fifteen days before christmas. And their going to do a bonus 55=57 track interlude/seague cd special with a bluray disc for the self titled album. It's gonna be a campfire tree supportive release. Didn't any of you understand the "sometimes" video? It's back catalog glory on a spree. Dig it. Fresh cookies for everyone. The kids are gonna love it.

Dayvan Cowboy
Don't burst the balloon, guys )-:

Its a bit like the Easter Bunny for BoC fans, can you really look them in the eye and tell them its not real?

Like I appreciate if you feel it isn't real that you want to voice your opinion but at least this thread is keeping people on their toes.

BoC did say that there would be notably less time between releases this time so we are due an LP/EP at some point soon in reality.

I'm not sure I'm digging this new ARG they came up with here in the UK today though, orange or not...

Slow down...

Boqurant
november/december usually are the most hauntingg time of the year, imagine listening to the new boc night before christmas
Palace Posy

Posts Quantity
Someone edited the wikipedia articles and inserted a self-titled new album for 2018:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boards_of_Canada
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boards_of ... iscography

Any of your doing?
alone alive again

Dayvan Cowboy
rdy2bz wrote:Someone edited the wikipedia articles and inserted a self-titled new album for 2018:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boards_of_Canada
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boards_of ... iscography

Any of your doing?

Did a search for who made the change to the Wiki to add the self titled album, a rather obtuse username:
2606:A000:ED02:A200:6CD2:BF3C:4DEB:28EC

Other than more recent BoC-related edits, the only other edits this user has made have been for two pages about specific American Serial Killers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:C ... :4DEB:28EC
Okay... Cool?

Dayvan Cowboy
That's an IPv6 address.

I believe if you edit Wikipedia without being logged in with an account, it just logs under your IP address which is what you're seeing here.

So it's just someone screwing around

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:That's an IPv6 address.

I believe if you edit Wikipedia without being logged in with an account, it just logs under your IP address which is what you're seeing here.

So it's just someone screwing around

Thanks for the info, I didn't recognise it as a standard IP so I assumed it must have been a user name.
I'm not much of a tech-y unfortunately.

It is just someone screwing around it would appear, sadly.

I am really feeling early 2018 though, I just post about gut instinct here.

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:Bring your hiking shoes, I'll bring the Heady Toppah and Sip of Sunshine and we'll hit Letchworth or the Gorges in Ithaca mate!

hijacking this quote to say that an upstate NY twoism meetup/hike would be great

Dayvan Cowboy
Nottoolate wrote:
Opothecary wrote:Bring your hiking shoes, I'll bring the Heady Toppah and Sip of Sunshine and we'll hit Letchworth or the Gorges in Ithaca mate!

hijacking this quote to say that an upstate NY twoism meetup/hike would be great

Sounds like a great idea for the spring time

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:
Nottoolate wrote:

Sounds like a great idea for the spring time

Keep me in the loop if this is happening, folks.
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Dayvan Cowboy
Checking in because I thought Op said today 17 Oct would be of significance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
dp wrote:Checking in because I thought Op said today 17 Oct would be of significance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The groundhog saw it's shadow.

Tonx and Warphead will blow their stack, but there's a 2018 sequence and I'm pretty sure I've already figured out all the dates.

We're sort of into it already, but it won't visibly kick off until 12/28.

Think of the number 8, how we found 12:28 and what 8 conceptually represents within the BoC catalog (think of a specific tune) and this will clue you into how we will move through it. Think of 3:11 as well in relation to these clues.

Posts Quantity
Sure

Sherbet Head
Weren't you going off about November a few weeks back? What is wrong with you? Now it's December or 2018? At least let me believe the November hype :lol:

Posts Quantity
I'm pretty sure I've already figured out all the dates.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Cyclosa wrote:I'm pretty sure I've already figured out all the dates.

Just the guy I wanted to use for my demonstration! No math or complex formulas this time, if you can count to 6 you're okay. It marries some general concepts from both 2016 and 2017 and ends up being a countdown of sorts that speeds up as we get close to the end before trying to confuse us one last time (step 4) - turns out that last walk around mirror lake wasn't just October, but will take place over the next few months.

It's a little like finding your Christmas presents early and realizing that you can't open them until your birthday - I respect the process too much to go into specifics, but this will walk you through how things will flow. 12/28 will be step 2. 3/28 was actually step 1.

- 220 is still a thing, but we've moved goalposts
- 3 and 11 still represent something together, just not November 3rd or March 11th.

Time will reveal all. I think some skeptics (while annoyed) will finally get onboard at the end of the year. Not much longer now.

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:Image

Holy shit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posts Quantity

Still not convinced but i appreciate the effort man. 8)
I may come across as an old grump when it comes to your posts, but sometimes you present your theories with a little too much conviction for my taste, thats all.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada