GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
mdg wrote:
Yellow Records wrote:I love having binyl because of the artwork! And being that BoCs vinyl goes for about 100$ every LP, I won't enjoy that custom. I have to just settle with the CDs I have...unless someone reissues them. But it probably wont happen...soon anyways. it must happen some day

There's a good chance the previous albums will see a vinyl reissue upon the release of the next album - this is definitely something the band have been talking about.

Incredible :D
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
mdg wrote:
Yellow Records wrote:I love having binyl because of the artwork! And being that BoCs vinyl goes for about 100$ every LP, I won't enjoy that custom. I have to just settle with the CDs I have...unless someone reissues them. But it probably wont happen...soon anyways. it must happen some day

There's a good chance the previous albums will see a vinyl reissue upon the release of the next album - this is definitely something the band have been talking about.
Yes! I've always wanted BoC vinyls but not the price they demand. Especially since buying used/2nd hand doesn't give profits to the artists.

Posts Quantity
mdg wrote:

This is great news, i own no BoC albums purely for the reason that the prices are absurd. Thnaks MDG.

Sherbet Head
That's great, my original pressings will then be even more valuable!

/sarcasm

Boqurant
I would love to buy the Geogaddi vinyl just to frame the cover. I bought the vinyl of the last Massive Attack LP just to do that, plus all the art it came with. Vinyl freaks might think i'm crazy to ruin it like that but some just look better in a cool frame on my wall.
Thank you MDG for that cool bit of news. the words "new album" in your post are always good to see..

Great news MDG - and I'm saying that as someone who has spent a silly amount of money on my BOC vinyl collection. While a re-issue might devalue my collection, I've always known there was a chance of this. Besides, I bought them to play, not as a commodity. Glad others will be able to afford to hear BOC on this superb format without paying silly cash :D

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
mdg wrote:

I ninth the enthusiasm for this news! Happy to hear something positive like this in this thread, which has become increasingly depressing of late.

Sherbet Head
I have been teetering on the brink of paying top dollar for mint sealed copies of MHTRTC and Geogaddi. I had the gut feeling they might be reissued so thankyou MDG for the heads-up.

Dayvan Cowboy
mdg wrote:

Awesome news! :o

Posts Quantity
Vinyl, great news. Oh mdg, you'll tell us everything except a date, won't you?

Sherbet Head
Yay! :)
ImageImage

Sherbet Head
Sounds good to me! 8)

Sherbet Head
mdg wrote:

THANK FUCK!

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:While a re-issue might devalue my collection, I've always known there was a chance of this.

I doubt that your collection would de-value. Original pressings always remain highly valuable, same thing for books, comics, etc.

Happy Cycler
Imagine, we could all own the back catalogue on vinyl for about 150 - rejoicing at the prospect.

ps. assuming they are reasonably priced.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
Praise Amen Ra, the holy ghost, Satan, and Allah allah at once!

I had a feeling it would go down like that!

Sherbet Head
Magrathea wrote:
Mexicola wrote:While a re-issue might devalue my collection, I've always known there was a chance of this.

I doubt that your collection would de-value. Original pressings always remain highly valuable, same thing for books, comics, etc.

Yeah, if anything I'd think the value of your collection would go UP. Am I wrong? :oops:

Dayvan Cowboy
krs wrote:You can never win on this bleepin' board.

you never win
you just do a little better each time ;)

(i'm very late, i know. been away from my computer for about a week)

EDIT: in spirit of MDG's post, i give you my reaction;

before

after
Last edited by Waterbagel on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Cycler
krs wrote:
Magrathea wrote:

Yeah, if anything I'd think the value of your collection would go UP. Am I wrong? :oops:

If they re-release some select albums on vinyl again, I would say they would sell out pretty damn quick! And I doubt there would be a huge amount produced. Just a small production. So I don't think the value would go down that much at all. Not that I care, cause I will never sell mine. Although I will buy the reissues too just for the hell of it, cause I am a complete nut. (eh now that I think of it, I'd rather spend the money on the Aquarius 7".)
Last edited by polar sky on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
mdg, please stay on topic

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
whooosh

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada