GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
m.oreilly wrote:
Rodheh wrote:Someone needs to fucking reply to this.

Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Eagle Minded
Got my Fingers Crossed...

(Turns out the cover of the album is encased in Black Plastic, Thus hiding the true cover until you unwrap it...)
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Happy Cycler
rick7487 wrote:Got my Fingers Crossed...

(Turns out the cover of the album is encased in Black Plastic, Thus hiding the true cover until you unwrap it...)

It's actually Smell The Glove part 2.

mechanismj wrote:It's actually Smell The Glove part 2.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
YES!

Friendly Stranger
hi!, i'm Drunk and High !.....well...that... :3 i love you guys !!!

Eagle Minded
This thread is so done... lol

Eagle Minded
posting in a done thread
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Eagle Minded
iec wrote:posting in a done thread
bump

Eagle Minded
i'd die happy if Kiteracer2 makes it to the next album, preferably the way it is but in high fidelity...and maybe extended. the same goes with 5.9.78 of course.

Posts Quantity
bump 4 new skrillex album

Dayvan Cowboy
Xtal wrote:bump 4 new skrillex album

Chipmunk vocals from the bad old days of cartoon rave and bass drops like an artificial throat in a meatgrinder.

Happy Cycler
Fuuu... this thread has been actively running for almost 15 months now. I don't think I'm here for BoC anymore. Just "Random Sound" sub-forum and OoT sub-forum.
"It's been a long time..."

Sherbet Head
MrMessiah wrote:
Xtal wrote:bump 4 new skrillex album

Chipmunk vocals from the bad old days of cartoon rave and bass drops like an artificial throat in a meatgrinder.

God damn!! :lol: Cant wait for Bieber's dubstep album. And cannot wait to see if Skrillex and Bieber will start working together one day..

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagon son wrote:Fuuu... this thread has been actively running for almost 15 months now. I don't think I'm here for BoC anymore. Just "Random Sound" sub-forum and OoT sub-forum.

well, hey, ya know
we've run the gambit when it comes to BoC-related stuff. when the new album comes out, we'll have plenty to talk about, new leads to follow, new speculation to create, and new theories to discuss.

when it doesn't, the forum will continue to devolve until it becomes one of "those" forums on the net that's been around for years (fewer relevant years than not) and only has a small cult following of 10-20 people that still talk.

such is the life of the internet forum

Eagle Minded
I actually quite appreciate skrillex's musical background and production abilities.

Happy Cycler
5/9/78 and poppy seed are just too good to be unofficial releases
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Eagle Minded
If this is not out within 1 month so i can listen to it on my plane ride down the east coast i will be thoroughly disappointed

Sherbet Head
mondo swooper70 wrote:I actually quite appreciate skrillex's musical background and production abilities.

And I appreciate your appreciation! At the moment, I'm appreciating Wolfgang Dauner.

Happy Cycler
I keep having this thought/dream of BoC releasing a new album and they've changed their style in it considerably, and I really like it, but everybody screams "BOOOOOO BOC SUCKS NOW" and abandons the fanbase.

And peoples' musical tastes are honestly kind of like that a lot of the time, really. It's terrible when somebody hates and refuses to listen to music, because it's either "too quiet and boring" or too "loud and harsh" or "it has vocals" or "it has no vocals" or whatever it may be, because they miss out on a lot of elaborate and awesome music that they'll never get a chance to see if they really, actually like the songs simply because the scope of sound they allow for is limited. Therefore, they pigeonhole a lot of these artists and keep them from evolving by throwing little fits. It's just like the same dumbass shit that happened when TCH (LP) came out and while about half of the BoC fan community was really open to it, the other half just bitched and lost their shit, yelling "GUITARS WTF GUITARS PIECE OF SHIT GU-" and all that. Really stupid.

My hopes are that whatever style BoC decides to go about creating their own take of, people are open to it. Even if it were more IDM, or techno, or progressive rock, or house, or more "folktronica", or industrial, or fucking samba or anything completely unexpected like that, just give it a chance first before you throw stones.

Just a precautionary message.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada