GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded

Sherbet Head
Ignore the bibio vid, that is crazy tenuous.

"game over" Does this mean your theory has collapsed or has it cemented it further?
Not been following it to be honest but I do have a weird feeling of late.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
So what conclusions are drawn from this game being over? :)

Boqurant

Image Image Image

it's ha[[ening guys. prepare your minds to get annihilated by the new dimensions, sons and brothers, let's put our hands in to sky and pray for the new harvest. the sun of god. eternal light. PRAY.
Palace Posy

Dayvan Cowboy
So when I say game over, I mean that they have closed the loop that began on 6/6 last year - this is basically the 9/9 post that I had speculated about - it's even 9/9 if you look at it as 9/(2+7) - split your infinities and all that. Think of this and the 6/6 posts as bookends of each other - they chose to zone in on the 2 posts sharing the same sum, one multiplied, one added- 36. (It was also their 36th tweet) Whatever happens next will be something of substance.

Other observations -

- As has been stated prior, 2016 was about 6s and 2017 is about 7s. This conveniently allows them to create the illusion of mirroring (ie 24 vs 42, 48 vs 84, 12 vs 21)

- this concept becomes important when we contrast Left Side Drive against today's post. That gave us our first "3:11" and today gives us the second one. The way we get to 3:11 is opposite timezone wise for each post, -6 UTC for last year's post, +7 UTC this year - and it's also AM vs PM.

- the sum of tweets and likes is now 88 (Pete Standing Alone) - this is track 14 on MHTRTC (11/3) and the video is 6:06 on YT (6×6=36, 36 being the big number today)

Sherbet Head
So they were posting links in 2016 with 6's, what came to fruition with that? or is this a 2 year campaign to release something? who's to say it might be a 3 or 4 year campaign and 2018 will see your theory run with 8s?

Like I said, I have not looked into the theory so just thinking ouloud.
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
Any idea how long Warp's facebook page has had a black square on it's banner? I can't remember the last time I actually checked the Warp page, so it could have been on there for ages. Could be nothing but we all know BoC's love for black squares, lol.

Dayvan Cowboy
There is electricity in the air

Something might happen

Gut feeling

But then again someone will probably read this in the future
'Posted nine years and eight months ago by Valotonin, still no album'

Dayvan Cowboy
At the very least the primary recording phase is over and the bulk of the album is in post-production/ polishing. For BoC's level of perfectionism we could still be talking up to a year though

Again, gut feeling. Don't quote me.

Dayvan Cowboy
Yes, I'm treating this as a 2 year cycle that began June 6th 2016 and will end completely on December 28th, 2017. When taken as a whole, each year follows it's own pattern while complimenting data from the other year, mirror like. A mirror doesn't have 3 sides. Take note below of how they utilize positives and negatives, am/pm, addition vs multiplication, etc. It's very binary-ish and doesn't seem suited to extend to a third year by design.

Today is the end of what I think of as the ephemeral data, fan videos, stuff like that. Maybe there will be some more likes, it doesn't really matter.

For people who haven't been keeping up, 11/3/17 is the date I've been pushing for a few reasons.

- 3:11 has now appeared twice as a timestamp, once last year shifting timezones to -6 UTC, once this year as +7 UTC.

- a tweet from "3/11"/12 was deleted on the first day of this year's pattern. This is the only time data has been deleted from their Twitter account during the 2 year sequence.

- Mike's tweet has a timestamp of 12:28pm vs the 11:32am tweet BoC made the same day (9/12/17) - it's a perfect sum of 24 hours, and more importantly gives us 12/28.

- Open the Light has a timestamp of 10:57 (10×57=570) - there is 570 days between June 6th 2016 and December 28th 2017.

- there is a subpattern spanning both years, when viewing the length of time between milestone posts, the last 2 are informed predictions:

6/6/16 -> 7/31/16 (55 days)

10/14/16 -> 12/8/16 (55 days)
12/8/16 -> 3/28/17 (110 days)
3/28/17 -> 11/3/17 (220 days)

11/3/17 -> 12/28/17 (55 days)

Dayvan Cowboy
Another like. Busy boys today.

Now that we're working with complete data, let's talk about the significance of two more relevant things today - notice how I pointed out that An Eagle In Your Mind is video 51 on the original playlist and 15 on the new playlist that they've been posting videos from lately - just like Video 24 (New Seeds) vs Video 42 (csch, or Harvest) they add up to 66 - Constants are Changing. This trick only works with these 2 pairs of numbers, with 33 (11x3) standing on its own and irreversible.

Nothing is Real was the one post last year that didn't fit into the 55/110 day posting pattern, but check this out:

Nothing is Real (8/24/16) -> Left Side Drive (10/14/16) (51 days)
Amo Bishop Roden (9/12/17) -> An Eagle in Your Mind (9/27/17) (15 days)

It's also telling that Video 15 on the original playlist is in fact Nothing is Real.

This also ties into their Facebook posting, which have been very selective crossposts of some of their tweets:

6/6/16 (36, multiply instead of add)
8/24/16 (32)

10/14/16 (24 or 140, Left Side Drive is the one post that fits in with both years' concepts)

6/17/17 (23)
9/27/17 (36, add instead of multiply)

36 -> 32 -> 24/140 <- 23 <- 36

32 and 23 combine to give us 55, the base number that they've been using between the longer lengths of time within the pattern, referenced in the last post.

Notice how the two FB posts this year have dates of 17 and 27. Add 37 days to today's date, you're hitting 11/3.

Eagle Minded
Intense. It's making me hopeful.

Eagle Minded
This is crazy as all hell, like the fact that they used 3:11 as a time stamp again is fucking with me.

Maybe amber is the color of their energy warning :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
I think it was either Warp or Boctransmission that posted a tweet saying words to the effect of 'A new Transmision is inbound, are you listening?' and that still doesn't have any context today, but fits nicely into Opothocary's theory in reality.

The numbers involved seem to be a little too coincidental sometimes.
I am not convinced but I am no longer entirely unconvinced.

Dayvan Cowboy
10 new likes, just like in the beginning last year.

36 tweets, 63 likes - 36 days until 11/3

6 month anniversary of the Dayvan Cowboy tweet and 3/11/12 tweet deletion.

3/28 -> 9/28 -> 12/28

Haha so much overthinking I like it :D
But who knows, maybe part of it is somehow intended.

Dayvan Cowboy

Eagle Minded
I’m both totally lost and totally skeptical on Opothecary’s numerology stuff (sorry, I don’t think there’s any intention or any pattern), but I do have faith that a release is forthcoming and am keeping my ear glued to the rail.
preparation for a dive.

Eagle Minded
I'm in Opothecary's camp, too many coincidences. I just think it's a more nuanced approach to maybe something bigger.

BoC aren't the type just to tweet randomly, so I believe there are small clues to be found on dates/timings etc which Opothecary has tirelessly explained whilst sharing here to be debated.

I think November is a good shout!

tonx wrote:I’m both totally lost and totally skeptical on Opothecary’s numerology stuff (sorry, I don’t think there’s any intention or any pattern), but I do have faith that a release is forthcoming and am keeping my ear glued to the rail.

Dayvan Cowboy
Thanks for the support realspiel.

I know numbers aren't everyones' bag (they aren't really mine either for that matter, but that classic BoC cryptic behavior captured my imagination!) so it's cool to make a few more observations now that we have all the information - I'll try to squeeze in an hour this weekend to update the Theories page over on bocpages if I have the chance:

- I've made much of the LSD post, it really was probably the key post from 2016 - it had a twin over on the likes side, it was a date that worked with both years' concepts, it had the presumed announcement date buried in its timestamp, etc - lets talk about the twin one more time. It was posted on 6/14/16 vs the "official" 10/14/16 posting. Combine the months, we get TH's official release date (6/10) Combine the dates, we get "28" which is the date that was kind of used as the "alpha and omega" of this years pattern - beginning on 3/28/17 with Dayvan Cowboy and ending on 9/28/17 with 10 new likes, all relating to the concept of a new album.

- Just like how Amo Bishop Roden and Mike's timestamps slot together to form a perfect 24 hour window (11:32am vs 12:28pm) - combining the first and last activity dates of the year gives us 12/28/17 (3/28 + 9/28)

- I kind of get a part of why they excluded promotion for the Sometimes remix, personal/label wishes aside - it came out on 7/28/17, which would have screwed up the above pattern!

- 12/28 combines both years concepts into one date (6x2 / 14x2)

- Add TH's date (10+6=16) - Subtract the new one (28-12=16)

Remember when they added Echus (video 146) this year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeCsYu_ ... &index=146

2/20/16 (post)
8/10/84 (event)

2+10 = 12
8+20 = 28

84/16 - 16 away from 100 on either side

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada