GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:Some extremely weird stuff going on with their Youtube playlists, they finally dropped that single video playlist called "Tomorrow's Harvest" and you can watch the size of the main video playlist size move up and down, I've seen it cycle from 173 to 168 videos just while watching some of the new stuff they added yesterday while I eat my lunch...maybe something is happening

Making way for a new playlist??? The main playlist is down to 160 now too. I've always thought it was bizarre how often they change it.

Edit: Just noticed that video 160 is Sixtyten :P

Boqurant
They play with old songs...
Did they tweet song from Tomorrow's Harvest ?

Eagle Minded
MadMaz wrote:They play with old songs...
Did they tweet song from Tomorrow's Harvest ?

Sure did! Nothing Is Real back in August 2016.

https://twitter.com/boctransmission/sta ... 6373252097

It made Facebook too actually.

https://www.facebook.com/boardsofcanada ... 2553918927

Eagle Minded
As this thread gets so much traffic, I figure I'll post this here, as well.

Flory posted a thread here - http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13970 - discussing something they found from The Wayback Machine in 98. I got poking around, as I do from time to time, on there and found something interesting that was posted Feb 28, 2005.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050228015104/http://www.boardsofcanada.com/things1.html

...that's 8 years earlier than the TH promo!

I asked this question in the other thread, too, but I'll ask it here, as well - how does that fit with the "black box" timeline?
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
I was going to post something on the BoC Facebook page and noticed something interesting, as well.

ALL of the "visitor posts" have been deleted and when I tried to create a new post, it told me after posting that the person who administers their page will review my post before allowing it....

Me thinks there is definitely something happening and ronpaul.gif is about 1 more plausable conspiracy theory away from busting out again...
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Hang on, which Facebook page are you referring to? If it's the fan page, we recently changed the posting options to cut down on spam ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/boardsofcanada/

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
No, I'm referring to the bands page itself:

https://www.facebook.com/boardsofcanada/

Fair enough :-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Like I've mentioned before, 5/22 is a date that I've had my eye on since fairly early on in this process. It's interesting that the Spotify "bug" ended up pointing to that date 113 years in the past.

Now with the Buckie High tweet/playlist refresh on 3/22 and the 8/22 console date, 5/22 fits right in there doesn't it? That being said, get ready for nothing to be real.

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:Fair enough :-)

...but hey! I found another FB group I can join! :mrgreen:

Dayvan Cowboy
chronical wrote:
arvy wrote:I hope they will bring something special this time, like moon-landing hoax or flat earth theory. No offence globers

that's the wrong kind of special arvy :lol:

they brought the FEMA camps in Tomorrow's Harvest, so why not the flat earth? :)

Boqurant
drixlin wrote:No, I'm referring to the bands page itself:

https://www.facebook.com/boardsofcanada/

Funny to see that Tomorrow's Harvest isn't added to the Milestones section of their Facebook.

Dayvan Cowboy
I check this thread at least 5 times a day. Apparently I love disappointing myself. :(

Does anyone think there will be another ARG leading up to the next album? Outside of the one that may or may not be occurring right now involving the video playlist and social media posts.

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't know.

Dayvan Cowboy
It's been awhile, let's get out there again for the sake of dear Valotonin.

I've pointed out the importance of 55/110 many times in the past. Now on the new playlist, video 55 is Cosecha Signal One, 110 is Gemini. Will we get Signal Two soon since Gemini means twins?

Speaking of Cosecha Signal One, its code for the original ARG was 699|742. Let's break that down to days 699 and 742 of the new maybe it is, maybe it isn't ARG. That's 5/6/18 and 6/18/18, respectively if we consider 6/6/16 the start point.

Video "56" is the announcement video for TH.

The top two videos in the new playlist have play times of 6:05 and 5:06. Zoetrope being 5:06, Satellite Anthem Icarus (the top video) is 6:05. We all know the hidden meaning of Satellite Anthem Icarus, so a date like 6/18/18 makes more sense if we pay attention to the title and not the time.

Day 699 = 5/6/18
Day 742 = 6/18/18

Dayvan Cowboy
Did they change it again? I'm showing the second video on the Video Playlist as Ready Lets Go (1:03) rather than Satellite Anthem Icarus.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Did they change it again? I'm showing the second video on the Video Playlist as Ready Lets Go (1:03) rather than Satellite Anthem Icarus.

Looks like it, and lost a video in the process (160 -> 159). Deleted a tweet last year on 3/28, deleted/rearranged videos on the same date this year...how exciting, I guess

Sherbet Head
Couincidence or Disappointment?
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:It's been awhile, let's get out there again for the sake of dear Valotonin.

I've pointed out the importance of 55/110 many times in the past. Now on the new playlist, video 55 is Cosecha Signal One, 110 is Gemini. Will we get Signal Two soon since Gemini means twins?

Speaking of Cosecha Signal One, its code for the original ARG was 699|742. Let's break that down to days 699 and 742 of the new maybe it is, maybe it isn't ARG. That's 5/6/18 and 6/18/18, respectively if we consider 6/6/16 the start point.

Video "56" is the announcement video for TH.

The top two videos in the new playlist have play times of 6:05 and 5:06. Zoetrope being 5:06, Satellite Anthem Icarus (the top video) is 6:05. We all know the hidden meaning of Satellite Anthem Icarus, so a date like 6/18/18 makes more sense if we pay attention to the title and not the time.

Day 699 = 5/6/18
Day 742 = 6/18/18

Happy Cycler
First: What Rye said. Good to see you are still around!

Second: I highly doubt they go anywhere near facer or twitbook.

C: You've got to stop rattling off potential release dates. The more dates you mention, the less choices they will have for potential release dates because that is totally how this works.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada