GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
For anyone interested in the Kevin Carter thing, watch 'the bang bang club', great movie.

Boqurant
Mexicola wrote:Interesting aside. That Kevin Carter photo is referenced heavily in House of Leaves.

I remember reading this novel, and just feeling immense remorse for the child and the guilt of Carter. MZD really knows how to lay breadcrumbs and allow the reader to go out and discover things on their own. With that said, Navidson = Carter?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14039

One post removed. Be careful out there folks ;-)

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
I'm gone from this topic for a while and I see something happened ??? Not like I want to know but wtf
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Dayvan Cowboy
PresidentSquidward wrote:I'm gone from this topic for a while and I see something happened ??? Not like I want to know but wtf

It wasn't very interesting, don't worry.

Someone said something about someone they knew that knew BoC and worked with them in a fairly standard non-music related job for a while. Nothing particularly remarkable or anything but it was a nice anecdote. I can see why it was removed as it was more than a tad too specific about some things and the privacy of the group, or anyone for that matter, is something valued.

I think the rule of thumb is that if you do discover anything, even by accident and even something that seems as standard as what school they went to, if they haven't spoken about it in interviews it is likely something they would rather keep private as it could be used by the slightly more creepy variety of person to find more details and personal information.

Dayvan Cowboy
The age of the internet must be pretty haunting to anyone who wishes to be, or is turned into somewhat of a public figure as a result of their art if they are someone that still values their privacy.

In the case of BoC it was a good many years before they told the public/ fans of their music that they were brothers, marcus was going by the Eoin last name publicly and, to the best of my knowledge, that wasn't a cat that was ever let out of the bag prematurely. In today's technological climate, someone attempting to do the same most likely wouldn't stand a chance.

PresidentSquidward wrote:I'm gone from this topic for a while and I see something happened ??? Not like I want to know but wtf

Like Val said, you didn't miss anything. The reminder is pertinent however. To be fair, it was posted innocently and wasn't as sensitive as one of the stuff we've removed. But again, we've been asked us to be watchful so we're erring on the side of caution. Cheers.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Where is Opothocary? An entire page on the release speculation topic without his input?!

I think I only come here sometimes to look at his ever-changing and interesting series of profile pictures.
I genuinely get inspiration from them.

He knew too much and has been assimilated.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy

Nova Scotia Robot
Valotonin wrote:Where is Opothocary? An entire page on the release speculation topic without his input?!

I think I only come here sometimes to look at his ever-changing and interesting series of profile pictures.
I genuinely get inspiration from them.

Ya, this doesn't feel right to have a page go by here without his unique additions. I look forward to reading them too. I like his brain.

Nova Scotia Robot
arvy wrote:Image

Is that a representation of Opothecary's assimilation and the black dog is your response to it?

Dayvan Cowboy
747Music wrote:

Is that a representation of Opothecary's assimilation and the black dog is your response to it?

Yes.

Posts Quantity
Valotonin wrote:

It wasn't very interesting, don't worry.

Someone said something about someone they knew that knew BoC and worked with them in a fairly standard non-music related job for a while. Nothing particularly remarkable or anything but it was a nice anecdote. I can see why it was removed as it was more than a tad too specific about some things and the privacy of the group, or anyone for that matter, is something valued.

I think the rule of thumb is that if you do discover anything, even by accident and even something that seems as standard as what school they went to, if they haven't spoken about it in interviews it is likely something they would rather keep private as it could be used by the slightly more creepy variety of person to find more details and personal information.

Mexicola wrote:

Like Val said, you didn't miss anything. The reminder is pertinent however. To be fair, it was posted innocently and wasn't as sensitive as one of the stuff we've removed. But again, we've been asked us to be watchful so we're erring on the side of caution. Cheers.
Ah I see and understand. I was just confused at the situation. :P
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Dayvan Cowboy

I'm just a sherbet head, woe is me

Eagle Minded
Hey has anyone with apple music noticed that "Sunshine Recorder" is considered a live track?
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
Roswell wrote:Hey has anyone with apple music noticed that "Sunshine Recorder" is considered a live track?

Interesting, most likely a mistake though. I think the only live version we are aware of is ATP and that is certainly rather different in structure to Geogaddi's version.

Posts Quantity
Valotonin wrote:In the case of BoC it was a good many years before they told the public/ fans of their music that they were brothers, marcus was going by the Eoin last name publicly and, to the best of my knowledge, that wasn't a cat that was ever let out of the bag prematurely. In today's technological climate, someone attempting to do the same most likely wouldn't stand a chance.

Whats kind of funny is that way back in 2002 or so when the Hyperreal IDM list was still a thing, there was some speculation about BoC going on. Some troll (arguably the group’s first troll?) tried to start a rumor that they were gay (with a bit of a homophobic slant to the post). The number of pro-gay responses was encouraging but hidden amongst them was someone that said “They’re not gay. They’re brothers!” I took note and was not suprised when they revealed this later. So this info was definitely known but just not too widely I guess. I think you are right in that in today’s technological climate that cat would have left the bag immediately and not been lost in the shuffle.

Dayvan Cowboy
herxagernsurn wrote:
Whats kind of funny is that way back in 2002 or so when the Hyperreal IDM list was still a thing, there was some speculation about BoC going on. Some troll (arguably the group’s first troll?) tried to start a rumor that they were gay (with a bit of a homophobic slant to the post). The number of pro-gay responses was encouraging but hidden amongst them was someone that said “They’re not gay. They’re brothers!” I took note and was not suprised when they revealed this later. So this info was definitely known but just not too widely I guess. I think you are right in that in today’s technological climate that cat would have left the bag immediately and not been lost in the shuffle.

Christ, so clearly someone in the group knew, or perhaps just a made-up response or a fan theory of theirs that actually turned out to be accurate? Likely the former of those options, though. Glad to hear that people weren't going along with the homophobia. I've seen a bit of that on the BoC facebook page recently and it was disheartening, especially as the person those comments were directed towards has done so so much for the BoC community over the years.

Dayvan Cowboy
To clarify: It was the bocpages group, not the official BoC page.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada