GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
StarblazerUK wrote:I don't think either Mike or Marcus are dull enough to get pulled in to the flat earth, Nasa hoax crap.
I believe they have a lot more common sense and intelligence than to be duped in to following that rubbish.

Thank you for your input. I will be sure to add to their biography:

Both Mike and Marcus aren't dull enough to be pulled into the Flat Earth, Nasa hoax conspiracy. They tend to have a lot more common sense and intelligence than to be duped into following that rubbish[1]

[1] Source: StarblazerUK 'General New Release Speculation Topic' 04/02/18

Dayvan Cowboy
There are stages of it.
1: Absolute tripe, you would fall off the edge. Bunch of idiots.
2. Some of their points actually hold water
3. But nah, its tripe once you scratch the surface
4. Let's get scientific about this and try to disspell it... oh.
5. Its actually plausible and I can no longer entirely rule out the possibility

Dayvan Cowboy
Everyone's a little too woke about something, just read this thread

Dayvan Cowboy
StarblazerUK wrote:I don't think either Mike or Marcus are dull enough to get pulled in to the flat earth, Nasa hoax crap.
I believe they have a lot more common sense and intelligence than to be duped in to following that rubbish.

It is just fun to speculate, didn't want to offend anyone, have a nice sunday.

Dayvan Cowboy

I'm sorry for being a cunt about it, Star.

I was in a fairly foul mood yesterday, sorry about that.

At a glance, it is total rubbish but its an interesting theory to look into if you have spare time and can separate those who are full on illogical conspiracy theorists to those being actually scientific about it.

Dayvan Cowboy

quality troll 10/10

alsoo i agree

Dayvan Cowboy
Techboy wrote:

quality troll 10/10

alsoo i agree

Did I fall for some Weak b8 m8?

Eagle Minded
So we're into Feb 18 and sweet FA is happening, nada, nowt, dim byd!

Dayvan Cowboy
realspiel wrote:So we're into Feb 18 and sweet FA is happening, nada, nowt, dim byd!

I was originally thinking this summer, but now I'm thinking something will happen late autumn. Something in that TH artwork deconstruction thread made something else click with me in terms of puzzling out how things have been progressing in their posting pattern.

I remember Marcus talking in an interview one time about how he'd love for them to bury something somewhere in their music that only has meaning much later on and I think you're going to see that here when all is said and done.

Dayvan Cowboy
Wait for the new MBV album to come along.

Something should follow.

Sherbet Head
Techboy wrote:

quality troll 10/10

alsoo i agree

rue the flat whirl

Eagle Minded
Yeah, one speculation I had was that each of their albums represents a different stage in a persons life, so twoism is the infant stage, MHTRTC is the childhood stage, Geogaddi is teens/twenties, TCH is thirties/forties, TH is approaching old age...
(Idk if anyone know's Mathew Barney's The Cremaster Cycle , probably where I'm getting this theory from...)

If there's any merit to this, I'd suspect that their next album could be about the afterlife, or their musical interpretation of the afterlife. Maybe put more broadly a utopian album about pure ideals. The last 2 tracks on TH were about death, so I'm just wondering what's next for them?

Super excited for whatever's on it's way though, I've been really enjoying all the remixes they've released recently.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Friendly Stranger
phpBB [media]

Just gonna leave this here
Time to reinvent myself.

Eagle Minded
Sleepy Lark wrote:
phpBB [media]

lol

Posts Quantity
Sleepy Lark wrote:
phpBB [media]

That's great :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Fantastic stuff - I think it's going to be awhile too. What's the next video? I've got dibs on Hey Saturday Sun if it's in late February...

Eagle Minded
Sleepy Lark wrote:
phpBB [media]

You used the Boards of Canada "lick": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECLELkeAvyk
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Friendly Stranger
I honestly forgot that the "lick" was a recurring thing. I was working on a project when I ad-libbed that part on a keyboard, and It made me think of the opening of TH (as well as television ID bumpers). Then it became this gag with the help of Photoshop and After Effects.

I honestly don't intend to hold up this thread any longer, so for the sake of the mods and the more eager users who watch this thread... Go over to the video's comments. I have an idea relating to this I'd like to share. :)
Time to reinvent myself.

Dayvan Cowboy
New like, tweet like/sum is 110 for 2/20

Keep on splittin' those infinities...

Sherbet Head
new like on twitter

raise the alarms

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada