GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Yes, I know the incident you're talking about and it was pretty sickening to read some of the replies.

Slow down...

Nova Scotia Robot
I genuinely don't understand how someone could basically dehumanize someone else because of their preference, colour, sex, etc.
I have a hard enough time justifying being a jerk to someone who is maliciously attacking me in someway. I don't exactly let myself get walked on, but I've also never held a grudge in my life.

Personally, I don't understand homosexuality or transgender mentalities because I don't experience them. But I refuse to bully anyone for any reason. I see everyone as equal and deserving of the love and respect that everyone else deserves. I certainly don't remember being given authority to govern anyone's thinking but my own. That said, I prefer my thinking to be as far from hating a fellow person as I can.

EDIT: Apologies for going off topic. I do for many reasons hope the next release has a happy feel to it. I will still enjoy the release if it doesn't, of course. I think I'd just prefer something light-hearted and positive this time around.

Eagle Minded
747Music wrote:I genuinely don't understand how someone could basically dehumanize someone else because of their preference, colour, sex, etc.
I have a hard enough time justifying being a jerk to someone who is maliciously attacking me in someway. I don't exactly let myself get walked on, but I've also never held a grudge in my life.

Personally, I don't understand homosexuality or transgender mentalities because I don't experience them. But I refuse to bully anyone for any reason. I see everyone as equal and deserving of the love and respect that everyone else deserves. I certainly don't remember being given authority to govern anyone's thinking but my own. That said, I prefer my thinking to be as far from hating a fellow person as I can.
well said :)

and as far as "understanding" goes. i mean, homosexuality is probs exactly like heterosexuality, just diff object of affection. (and at one point i did wonder if i might be gay, but i think my hormones were crazy back then and i was just kinda not very in touch with myself.) and transgender i can kinda understand myself cuz ive always been kinda mentally androgynous. but i don't experience any gender dysphoria. and im usually perfectly fine with being who i am. but my brain chemistry definitely seems (and i say seems cuz of course i can never really know) significantly different than many of my male friends' :P

but, all that being said, and like you implied, you dont have to understand someone to empathize with them and respect them and love them :)

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:
Roswell wrote:Hey has anyone with apple music noticed that "Sunshine Recorder" is considered a live track?

Interesting, most likely a mistake though. I think the only live version we are aware of is ATP and that is certainly rather different in structure to Geogaddi's version.

Checked it out. Not the atp version. Just a mistake.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Eagle Minded
Hey everyone, how's it going?

Anyone have any theories as of late? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, no matter how insignificant you may feel about them.

Posts Quantity
Mozart has risen from the dead to share his love for Boards of Canada. :O
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Dayvan Cowboy
The hyperreal list had more than a few mentions of them being brothers as I recall from reading through it a while ago. Folk mostly weren't interested. Nobody replied comparing them to Orbital.

Dayvan Cowboy
Mozart wrote:Hey everyone, how's it going?

Anyone have any theories as of late? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, no matter how insignificant you may feel about them.

My theory is that nothing is real

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:My theory is that nothing is real

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
(I know this is like the 3rd time I have used that clip, but I like it)

Sherbet Head
Haha, I like that too.
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
any theories?

god created Darwin
whooosh

Sherbet Head
PadraïK wrote:any theories?

god created Darwin

Maybe another live show?
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Eagle Minded
PadraïK wrote:any theories?

god created Darwin

phpBB [media]
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Eagle Minded
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
I still speculate we'll get an album next year.

Eagle Minded
Mozart wrote:I still speculate we'll get an album next year.

With the Warp anniversary coming up, they will release something for that. But for something bigger, my money is on 2020
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy

Eagle Minded
They're alive!! What do you think of the numerology? The day they posted it, the time, is any of it meaningful at all?

PS some of the Twitter comments are quite comical. On one hand you have someone posting the Ron Paul "it's happening" gif and on the other you have someone posting the Larry David undecided gif.

Either way, while I won't read too much into it, it's better than nothing.

Posts Quantity
Just to stoke the flames a little... they actually tweeted the same thing a few seconds/minutes earlier, then deleted it and put an identical one up. There's obviously nothing there now, but this was the original link: https://twitter.com/boctransmission/sta ... 7155821568

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada