GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
BoC: *farts*

Opothecary:

Eagle Minded
Personally, I am taking the newest "Orange Romeda (unmixed)" track listing as the official new "Black Box". With that they basically alluded to older material, at least in my eye. I recall back to that old MDG post stating that a new website was under construction for new and old material. From the sounds of their newest series of remixes, I am pumped. I hear TCH, TH, and even some MHTRTC. I loved Sometimes and Mr. mistake, with Mr. Mistake being my favorite tune they have warped together in years! So pumped for new material! Great work Opethecary! Even if it amounts to nothing, quite engaging in the meantime.

Eagle Minded
*opothecary

Posts Quantity
Witto wrote:BoC: *farts*

Opothecary:

While I believe the number theory this gave me a good chuckle :D

(no disrespect towards Opothecary intended)

Dayvan Cowboy
Agree wholeheartedly with Soulslip's comments.

They did mention that sorting through the old cassettes and releasing some older material might be on the cards at some point... Is it possible that it is what they are doing as we speak?

Dayvan Cowboy
Part of me wonders whether we are finally getting the acoustic MHTRTC, as the likes increase, they will keep landing on MHTRTC songs on the YT playlist when doing the tweets/likes adding thing.

37 tweets/73 likes/110 total is my final prediction - video 73 is XYZ, 110 is Aquarius V3 with all that counting that we love and being named "Drugs Are Like That" makes a nice companion to last years Left Side Drive I suppose.

Eagle Minded
I hope so! I would love to hear Pete Standing Alone (acoustic).

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:Part of me wonders whether we are finally getting the acoustic MHTRTC

Dear god, please.

Please.

Boqurant
I think it's logical to assume they are going to do something acoustic, it just seems to me that might be the "new thing" there looking for.

Tomorrows Harvest was heavy on synths, so i'm thinking as a band always always looking for fresh approaches, acoustic would be the way to go.

Or Image

Boqurant
Oops I goofed, i pasted the secret maths :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Haha, actually, I'll show you the secret maths! Strap in for a good ride, no need to call the loony bin, promise.

Starting at the beginning of the 36 day post-fan video countdown last week, the pattern seem to have transitioned over to liking things on landmark numbers of days left in the final countdown (36 days left gave us 10 likes, 32 days (Nothing is Real) gave us 2 more likes that seemed to be more subdued about the idea of imminent new material) - on deck is 23 days remaining, which happens to line up with 10/11. Past that, I think we'll get something on the 14 day mark, to line up with the Facebook pattern (36 -> 32 -> 23 -> 14 when viewed in numeric sequence)

We are at like 65 now - and like 66 is Constants are Changing - so the 32/23 flip makes sense at 23 days left. Note that like 65 is the only time that they've liked a post from someone without an avatar on their account - this lines up with video 65, now marked private on YT in that same type of gray color.

I give you the "Heard from Telegraph Lines" theory for our final days. We are at a total of 101 right now. Telegraph Lines is both entry 102 and 111 and we are going to bounce back and forth within that range, as 110 is the presumed final goal. This final pattern is one built on reciprocity - two columns, the left is the number of likes, the right is the sum of tweets/likes - I've lined it up so that the current sums match the number of likes. As I pointed out, it's all about MHTRTC songs as the likely resting points during the final weeks. They even give us the wavy line video of Untitled in the mix sandwiched between Telegraph Lines as a hint!

Talking about the reciprocity concept, it's about looking to make conceptual pairs with a song on the other column. Quite specifically, each concept is ultimately tied to Turquoise Hexagon Sun as a whole - the color, the shape, its rotation.

We are at The Color of Fire, we need to look for Smokes Quantity to find out their next stop. The Quantity of Smokes Quantity gets us Sixtyten and Triangles and Rhombuses in close proximity, which lines up with Turquoise Hexagon Sun and Rue the Whirl on the other side. Find the next THS on the other column to get the final move, which happens to line up with XYZ, the end.

All the pairings:

The Color of the "Fire"/"Smokes" Quantity
Triangles and Rhombuses (Plural)/Smokes "Quantity"
Smokes "Quantity"/"Sixtyten"
Sixtyten (70)/Turquoise Hexagon Sun (entry 69 on the left)

The "Color" of the Fire/"Turquoise" Hexagon Sun
"Triangles" and "Rhombuses"/Turquoise "Hexagon" Sun
Turquoise Hexagon "Sun"/Rue the "Whirl"/Turquoise Hexagon "Sun"

Note that all the odd numbered songs are MHTRTC era tracks, and they have been liking things in pairs lately aside from the group of 10 they did all at once at 36 days remaining (there was a group of 10 all at once in the beginning last year too).

And finally, THS is track 7 of MHTRTC.

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:
Opothecary wrote:Part of me wonders whether we are finally getting the acoustic MHTRTC

Dear god, please.

Music has the Right to Children has the Right to Children

Sherbet Head
Soul_Slip wrote:Personally, I am taking the newest "Orange Romeda (unmixed)" track listing as the official new "Black Box". With that they basically alluded to older material, at least in my eye.

Curious why you'd say that. It's just (unmixed) because the bandcamp version isn't part of Lone's mix, which is sped up and mixed with other tracks.. In case you're referring to Lone's DJ Kicks.

Eagle Minded
Well it was just a thought. I saw it appear then it never showed a link or anything. Why would a simple DJ mix go on their official page??? While not a real black box it shows that older stuff is still being used even if by other artists. It still feels to me like we will get some surprises soon. They stated in a TH era interview that they spent many years "cataloging" old material for possible future release. They said it plain as day. If not there own word than by what else can we truly go by. No offense but the math theory sounds good but I think the answers are right there. They also stated that there were enough songs during TH sessions for multiple albums. They also said that they were rehearsing and would possibly do a special performance. Wasn't trying to cause strife just stating a thought as this is a speculation thread.

Dayvan Cowboy
From the NY Times interview back in 2013:

"A couple of years ago we decided to start collating and cataloging all our early recordings, just for ourselves really, to know that we could tidy it all up and hand it on to our kids someday..."

This leads me to believe that whatever they were/are archiving is not meant for our ears. At least not while the bros are still alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
Ahh yes that was the one. Darn well I will still wish for MHTRTC (acoustic). I still believe we will see some surprises. Always hoping.

Posts Quantity
dp wrote:From the NY Times interview back in 2013:

"A couple of years ago we decided to start collating and cataloging all our early recordings, just for ourselves really, to know that we could tidy it all up and hand it on to our kids someday..."

This leads me to believe that whatever they were/are archiving is not meant for our ears. At least not while the bros are still alive.

Years ago MDG gave the impression that they were planning on re-releasing some of their older stuff, but ^ that quote (more recent) made me think that they've changed their minds about the whole idea

Sherbet Head
Maybe we're the kids. We did get Music Has The Right To Children after all :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Soul_Slip wrote:Ahh yes that was the one. Darn well I will still wish for MHTRTC (acoustic). I still believe we will see some surprises. Always hoping.

Oh me too, without a doubt! The mythical bocset would be so awesome.

Dayvan Cowboy
The Orange Romeda Unmixed thing never phased me. Any time one of their tracks shows up on a new compilation that Bleep sells, it ends up at the top of the list there.

Keep your eye on the Telegraph theory!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada