GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

I wonder what will happen first. New BOC record or Twitter goes tits up once the big orange arsehole goes away.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:I wonder what will happen first. New BOC record or Twitter goes tits up once the big orange arsehole goes away.

I know it's not looking good, but if we can all make it 27 more days, something good should happen.

If the Sun comes out tomorrow, I'll share my map around the mirror.

P.S. - i see you _echus

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:I wonder what will happen first. New BOC record or Twitter goes tits up once the big orange arsehole goes away.

they're going to be extending the character limit to 280 characters soon. i'd like to think it's only because creamsicle's twats are always exceeding 140

Dayvan Cowboy
I envisioned two alternate paths through October, by skipping out on any activity today, they have committed to the one that's more respective to the overall pattern forged since the beginning.

Everything I've speculated on previously still stands for the near future (11/3 is the big day, 220 days between 3/28/17 -> 11/3/17, etc) - the only remaining question being, how do we wring out 8 more likes between now and then, working within a predictable pattern?

I talked previously about how there was only selective crossposting to Facebook, with the 6/6/16 and 9/27/17 posts being bookends on the overall 18 month pattern at large (both being "36") - for this final countdown, constants have changed, 6/6 is 12 and 9/27 is 36.

Let's assign a number to each of the Facebook posts, starting largest to smallest. These numbers represent the countdown values (ie. specific days things will happen between now and 11/3):

An interesting side effect is that 10/11 and 10/22 give us 110 and 220 alongside a number of days remaining that corresponds to workable numbers within the Facebook posts.

9/27/17 = 36 (An Eagle in Your Mind)
8/24/16 = 32 (Nothing is Real)
6/17/17 = 23 (Mr Mistake Vinyl)
10/14/16 = 14/140 (Left Side Drive)
6/6/16 = 12 (Macquarie Ridge)

9/27 ended the mirrored pattern, but 9/28 gave us 10 more likes. This rings in the final phase - 10 likes all at once on 9/28, followed by 10 more likes spread throughout October:

So far:

9/28 - 36 days remaining (An Eagle in Your Mind) - Like #54-63)
10/2 - 32 days remaining (Nothing is Real) - Like #64-65)

On deck:

10/11 (10x11=110) - 23 days remaining (Mr Mistake vinyl) (Like #66-67)
10/14 (140/7) - 20 days remaining (Like #68-69)
10/22 (10x22=220) - 12 days remaining (Macquarie Ridge) (Like #70-#71)
10/27 (7 days remaining) (Like #72)
10/28 (6 days remaining) (Like #73)

11/3 (Tweet #37)

10/14 as has been pointed out many times is the weirdo, and it should be the only repeated date from last year. It stands in the middle of the Facebook sequence alone and unmirrored between the 2016 and 2017 posts.

We are meant to intertwine it with the Echus videos on Youtube. Echus exists as video 140 and 146 (146 being the only "new" video added so far in 2017) - let's pair each Echus video with an instance of Left Side Drive:

6/14/16 - Left Side Drive #1 = Echus Video 146 (14+6=20)
10/14/16 - Left Side Drive #2 - Echus Video 140 (10x14=140 OR 20x7=140)
10/14/17 - 140/7 = 20 days to go

Essentially, look at LSD #1 (6/14/16) as a 20. We multiply it by 7 to get LSD #2 (140) on 10/14/16 . Lastly, we divide 140 by 7 on 10/14/2017 to get 20 remaining days until 11/3/17.

That's how you echo the sun lads

Dayvan Cowboy

Eagle Minded
I wish Twoism would leave the meme's to Watmm

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't think mine qualifies as a meme, its just a picture/ quote from a Simon Pegg film that was relevant, haven't seen it used in a meme context.

Sherbet Head
lol

Sherbet Head
Well the tracks better come soon, because reading this thread a few times a week for another year (probably, maybe even 3 months might do the trick) will actually flip a switch in my head and it's likely I'll go to a hardware store buy a felling axe and just go start chopping (not trees)

So BOC release what your gonna release and make it sharpish or you'll have blood on your hands :lol:

Friendly Stranger
Hi, Im new here. I have a number for Opothecary: 41736b204d44472e does this say you anything? I guess if someone can crack this, its you. Its from "mdg is ded" in the commentsfield for the Found the way-video on youtube. "mdg is ded" has uploaded some other songs as well. I know they arent confirmed to be real but, with the risk of making a fool of myself, to me they sound very real. Especially Found The Way is amazing. It is also something with this youtube-alias that feels tacky in a consious way, like its a prank. I dont remmember wich song but he wrote in the commentfield for some other song that it was a fake and I dont see why he would do that if he upload fake songs himself. This makes me wonder if he is connected to BOC. And the name is suspicious, maybe he IS mdg? He also uploaded a short song called Sandrails that sounded very Tomorrows Harvest-era but that song is gone now (if you search for Sandrails now there is a new song but not the song I mean). As I remember it, that video also had a number in the description-field but much longer. Very BOCy. So maybe they leak their own stuff (because they are going to release it soon anyway?!). Speaking of that, isnt it a bit wierd that there is like 30 seconds parts from each of the early albums, it almost seems like an evil drawnout joke. Like "why dont we leak just 2 minutes of the early albums and let the fans wait for it for 30 years"?

Friendly Stranger
Also, "mdg is ded"s picture looks like a fox and the symbolism of a fox is that it is a clever trickster...

Eagle Minded
flyinthepool wrote:Hi, Im new here. I have a number for Opothecary: 41736b204d44472e does this say you anything? I guess if someone can crack this, its you. Its from "mdg is ded" in the commentsfield for the Found the way-video on youtube. "mdg is ded" has uploaded some other songs as well. I know they arent confirmed to be real but, with the risk of making a fool of myself, to me they sound very real. Especially Found The Way is amazing. It is also something with this youtube-alias that feels tacky in a consious way, like its a prank. I dont remmember wich song but he wrote in the commentfield for some other song that it was a fake and I dont see why he would do that if he upload fake songs himself. This makes me wonder if he is connected to BOC. And the name is suspicious, maybe he IS mdg? He also uploaded a short song called Sandrails that sounded very Tomorrows Harvest-era but that song is gone now (if you search for Sandrails now there is a new song but not the song I mean). As I remember it, that video also had a number in the description-field but much longer. Very BOCy. So maybe they leak their own stuff (because they are going to release it soon anyway?!). Speaking of that, isnt it a bit wierd that there is like 30 seconds parts from each of the early albums, it almost seems like an evil drawnout joke. Like "why dont we leak just 2 minutes of the early albums and let the fans wait for it for 30 years"?

you're new here and yet you know about mdg?

Dayvan Cowboy
flyinthepool wrote:Hi, Im new here. I have a number for Opothecary: 41736b204d44472e does this say you anything?

It says "Ask MDG." in ASCII
It says "creativity is dead" in coming up with new ways to get people to play web games while we wait for a new album
It says "I'm basically just playing at being a musician" in coming up with a plausibly fake cobble-together of BOCs VST samples
It says "The world is slowly spinning off its axis, and yet here's some recycled content instead of saying something meaningful that engages with it in an artistic way" in terms of the creative process
It says "I hold the BoC fanbase in some kind of disdain" in terms of trust of their ability to discern real from fake

Soulseek never died, and everything with a monosynth in it is labelled Boards of Canada forever and ever. Here's some stock footage from the 50s in all its youtube glory where it can live forever in the cloud. The transmitters were turned off long ago. (Fade to black over the sound of a needle in a run-out groove).

Steady on. Sun's shining ;-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
*sips on my flask of Kraken and returns to my angry cave* :D

Posts Quantity
whooosh

Posts Quantity
41736b204d44472e is not having any reference on some of the engines I tried

41736/204 = 204.58823, if you divide 44472 by 204 as well you get an exact 218

218-204 = 14

*burps* I dropped my pint can I get a new one *whipes of nose with the back of his hand*
whooosh

Dayvan Cowboy
even though mdg is ded is likely nonsense, I do love the immediate callout on flyinthepool for being new here but knowing of mdg, lol

It's interesting though - his only appearance since this started last year was to get that autographed book over to them. You used to be able to count on a few appearances per year from him. It almost seems like he has sidelined himself intentionally as a component of this game. Years of work defusing trolls and now the boys seem to be cutting out the middle man and doing it to us themselves without having him as a mouthpiece to comment on the proceedings.

One thing I noticed about the presumed fake Marcus Eoin Twitter account (aside from having a weird code like the mdg is ded thing) is that the single post was from 17/Sep/2011 - let's do all opposites (for the sake of what we know, 71 is his birth year after all),

17 becomes the year, 11 becomes the month, Sep (9) becomes Mar (3) and we have yet another 11/3/17

This is NOT that out there of a concept - remember that they wiped out a 3/11/2012 tweet on March 28th this year. That was like, the third tweet created on the account period. I think there were only 3 tweets on the account until the hype started up for TH, so back then, everything certainly had more meaning when they were literally tweeting once a year (2010/2011/2012)

The 12/28 is hiding out in the timestamp on Mike's account.

Dayvan Cowboy
3/11/12 (deleted)
9/17/11 (Marcus)

12/28/xx

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada