GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Wow. I had just watched the NFB “Standing Alone” documentary for the first time a week or two ago... big love out to Pete’s family, and to Mike and Marcus, who were clearly inspired by him.

I really enjoyed the documentary... adds another layer of depth to what is already a stunning song. The middle section always gets me right in the chest.

Eagle Minded
Very interesting, thanks for the clarification.

Great composition. I never really knew it was about that fellow, it is interesting to learn about.

An orchestral version of Pete Standing Alone was arranged by Scottish composer David Horne and performed by the London Sinfonietta as part of the Warp Works & Twentieth Century Masters concert series. The piece was titled "Disintegrations 2". Does anyone have a link to it?

Eagle Minded
seems it can be found on soulseek...
http://xltronic.com/mb/35385/-03-boards ... grations-2

Eagle Minded
Mozart wrote:Very interesting, thanks for the clarification.

Great composition. I never really knew it was about that fellow, it is interesting to learn about.

An orchestral version of Pete Standing Alone was arranged by Scottish composer David Horne and performed by the London Sinfonietta as part of the Warp Works & Twentieth Century Masters concert series. The piece was titled "Disintegrations 2". Does anyone have a link to it?

I used to have this on an old hard drive... keep hoping it will turn up. it was impressive.
preparation for a dive.

Sherbet Head
tonx wrote:
Mozart wrote:Very interesting, thanks for the clarification.

I used to have this on an old hard drive... keep hoping it will turn up. it was impressive.

Literally just found it on Soulseek. I would post it but I believe it's against the rules to post links to copyrighted material.

It's actually a cassette bootleg from 2003 at 175 kbps.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Dayvan Cowboy
whyte wrote:What makes you think that? just curious.

Last post of 2016 = 12/8 - (12x8=96) - aerial themed video - Open the Light - how do you "open" 96? - make it "906"
Last post of 2017 = 11/23 - Seven Forty Seven (747) video (Day 535 of ARG) - aerial themed song
Last post of 2018? = 11/29 - Day "906" of ARG, tweet 54 (9x6)

Given all that, "Slow This Bird Down" at 6:09 would have been probably been a good choice too.

6s in 2016, 7s in 2017, split your infinities (8s) in 2018, time to flip it and reverse it in 2019

Dayvan Cowboy
The other fun Easter egg:

8/24/16 -> 10/14/16 = 51 days (Nothing is Real -> Left Side Drive)
10/9/18 -> 11/29/18 = 51 days (IABPOITC -> Pete Standing Alone, the latter references the creator's video for "Nothing is Real")

Cheers!

Sherbet Head
Always putting the um.. in numerology lol

Dayvan Cowboy
Who is that in your avatar, Opothocary?
It looks like Leonard Cohen, but it isn't, is it?

Dayvan Cowboy
It is crazy to think that there, maybe, next BOC album in the work. After so many talk, it is almost unreal.

Posts Quantity
0? 9th of september? Really? Why?

BTW I'm sorry
whooosh

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:Who is that in your avatar, Opothocary?
It looks like Leonard Cohen, but it isn't, is it?

Arvin Sloane was just a dayvan cowboy of sorts

PadraïK wrote:0? 9th of september? Really? Why?

BTW I'm sorry

It's all just 1s and 0s, I'm just giving a you an alternate way to think about it, counting up the passage of Time, time endless.

Friendly Stranger
There are some new photos of BoC and hi res scans of older photos on bocpages.

Dayvan Cowboy
dustbowl27 wrote:There are some new photos of BoC and hi res scans of older photos on bocpages.

Oh for real; can you supply a link?
I am going over the images now to see if anything has changed.

Friendly Stranger
Yes. Looks like they were uploaded in November. Some of the new uploads may just be higher quality scans of older photos.

https://bocpages.org/wiki/Pictures

Dayvan Cowboy
dustbowl27 wrote:Yes. Looks like they were uploaded in November. Some of the new uploads may just be higher quality scans of older photos.

Thanks for sharing the photo. I was already scanning over the pictures page trying to catch which ones I might not have seen before. I must have scrolled past that one, very cool, I don't recall seeing it before.

Boqurant
Nice one. Certainly a few pics i haven't seen before. Peter Iain Campbell seems to be one of the only photographers to work with them. His other work is really good too.

Dayvan Cowboy
whyte wrote:Peter Iain Campbell seems to be one of the only photographers to work with them.

I think that may be because he is a friend of theirs/ plays a role in Hexagon Sun.

Boqurant
I think that may be because he is a friend of theirs/ plays a role in Hexagon Sun.

Yes, you're right. Chatted very briefly with Peter online a while ago. Not so much about BoC though.

Eagle Minded
Speaking of Peter's work, I've recently been fascinated by this photo from his website. That field gives me distinct Acid Memories vibes.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada