GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Maybe they just like stuff?
I'm pretty bored of this trail, it lacks excitement especially when it has been going on for so long and could continue for whatever. It's too technical to be this drawn out so just makes it a yawn rather than an awe.
I need something a bit more tasty or interesting otherwise i'll switch off for good (of course when/if something does come out then i'll be back on board ha)
Give me a sign!
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:Maybe they just like stuff?
I'm pretty bored of this trail, it lacks excitement especially when it has been going on for so long and could continue for whatever. It's too technical to be this drawn out so just makes it a yawn rather than an awe.
I need something a bit more tasty or interesting otherwise i'll switch off for good (of course when/if something does come out then i'll be back on board ha)
Give me a sign!

I think I'm already there. Ready to go into a deep slumber until a new BOC release triggers springtime. All the numerology stuff sounded so intriguing but quickly seemed to become a self-fulfilling prophecy after multiple dates passed by with nothing happening (not to mention it making zero sense to my feeble brain). Nighty night!

Dayvan Cowboy
Springtime? I'm thinking more like late autumn/early winter 2019.

It is what it is. Cool little social experiment that flirts unkindly with your greed and expectations. Maybe their way of saying, "wouldn't you just rather have a static black box?"

It wouldn't surprise me if the clues to the final steps were buried in the first steps and in TH itself when we look back at it all.

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:It is what it is.

That's the thing, it isn't anything, it's just anything your imagination clings on to, you seem so certain on timeframes then they come and go. I'd love for it to be something I really do but fuck, it's boring as hell, the boys could have made it more pleasant for us ha!
Keep plugging away though Opoth, you can laugh at us all when you end up being right ;)
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
I swear, we'll see a release in the next 12-14 months... It's been so long since TH, they must have some fantastic stuff recorded by now that they are probably working on perfecting. And it's nice to see that they keep liking tweets from people pining for new material, it gives me hope.

Eagle Minded
They are waiting to see when hope fades/dies for a new album and will surprise us all when they are satisfied with the carnage.

...or not, and they are just going about their days as normal. Gleefully liking things just to see the shitstorm it can create. I know that's what I would do. :mrgreen:
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:
Opothecary wrote:It is what it is.

That's the thing, it isn't anything, it's just anything your imagination clings on to, you seem so certain on timeframes then they come and go. I'd love for it to be something I really do but fuck, it's boring as hell, the boys could have made it more pleasant for us ha!
Keep plugging away though Opoth, you can laugh at us all when you end up being right ;)

Of course it's SOMETHING - even if it's just trolling, they follow their own little set of rules that changes up by the calendar year. For example, 2016 moved in 6s, 2017 moved in 7s and now we are moving by splitting or doubling things, ala "split your infinities" in accordance with its similarity to the number 8. - ie. the sum of 110 reached on 2/20, posting video 114 on their playlist after 57 days since the last post, stuff like that. You can say that it all means nothing, but you can't say that the nothingness is not deliberate.

So now I'm Just along for the ride at this point brotherman! I look forward to seeing how their next steps along the way either continue to confirm or subvert my own current privately held expectations and speculation. U R not e to hear them, because I think it will be awhile for everything to pan out, so what I have to say will probably only lead to frustration and disappointment.

Would love to be wrong and get some new tunes shortly though!

Eagle Minded
I check in here every few months. I adore this thread.

Sherbet Head
Can't help being reminded of the movie Pi when reading about this whole number trail thing :twisted:

Patterns, patterns everywhere!
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Eagle Minded
GeoDose wrote:I swear, we'll see a release in the next 12-14 months... It's been so long since TH, they must have some fantastic stuff recorded by now that they are probably working on perfecting. And it's nice to see that they keep liking tweets from people pining for new material, it gives me hope.

or we'll be waiting as long as we did (or longer) for TH from trans canada highway, which will put the date at at least 2020. which i think will be the case

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:Springtime? I'm thinking more like late autumn/early winter 2019.

It is what it is. Cool little social experiment that flirts unkindly with your greed and expectations. Maybe their way of saying, "wouldn't you just rather have a static black box?"

It wouldn't surprise me if the clues to the final steps were buried in the first steps and in TH itself when we look back at it all.

I meant springtime as in awaken from my slumber, not as a prediction. Now leave me alone while I go back into my cave. :wink:

Sherbet Head
Helios wrote:I check in here every few months. I adore this thread.

It's the thread that keeps on almost giving.

New Seed
I'd be surprised, given that nostalgia is a theme which occurs throughout their work, if nothing happens/ is said around April 20th. Moreover, hype will be generated around that time for them giving them a window to push sales further -- if that's what the label wanted to do of course. I mean, i'm sure the Graun and the like will churn out articles "celebrating" MHtRtC -- at least they'll dress up the usual vacuous click bait as such. Even if new material isn't released around then it seems like a good moment for something of substance to be unearthed or revealed.

Dayvan Cowboy
"1969" on Spotify appears to now be called "1905-05-22", go nuts, kids.

Friendly Stranger
Nah I feel like it's just a bug.

If they 'like Spotify now, expect a portal to open up in this thread, leading directly to Opothecary's back garden (just kidding big fella).
;-)

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Hexamerous wrote:Nah I feel like it's just a bug.

Yup, database fart.

Dayvan Cowboy
Congrats on like 73 tonx

Dayvan Cowboy
Negamuse wrote:"1969" on Spotify appears to now be called "1905-05-22", go nuts, kids.

Dayvan Cowboy
Also interesting that you can break 951 out of 1905. You guys haven't earned the meaning of 951 yet.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada