GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Opothecary wrote:It's been awhile, let's get out there again for the sake of dear Valotonin.

I've pointed out the importance of 55/110 many times in the past. Now on the new playlist, video 55 is Cosecha Signal One, 110 is Gemini. Will we get Signal Two soon since Gemini means twins?

Speaking of Cosecha Signal One, its code for the original ARG was 699|742. Let's break that down to days 699 and 742 of the new maybe it is, maybe it isn't ARG. That's 5/6/18 and 6/18/18, respectively if we consider 6/6/16 the start point.

Video "56" is the announcement video for TH.

The top two videos in the new playlist have play times of 6:05 and 5:06. Zoetrope being 5:06, Satellite Anthem Icarus (the top video) is 6:05. We all know the hidden meaning of Satellite Anthem Icarus, so a date like 6/18/18 makes more sense if we pay attention to the title and not the time.

Day 699 = 5/6/18
Day 742 = 6/18/18

I AM RESSURECTED!!! Great to be back posting again. Back on topic here... OH PLEASE GOD I hope you are right.... Another album in such short time since the last one being released would be pimp!!! :D :D
"Fulfillment is structured in achievement, Achievement is structured in action, Action is structured in thinking, Thinking is structured in knowledge, Knowledge is structured in consciousness" - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Ha ha!! You made it back in man! ;-)

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Mexicola wrote:Ha ha!! You made it back in man! ;-)

No thanks to yours and Robin's assistance :D I won't be forgetting to check this site daily for now on. I loved posting on here. Since I changed my job and I would always come here during work I forgot to come back (I got really depressed after losing that job for a while and lost sight of a ton of stuff in my life after that)

Oh and before I forget - where is a link I can use to donate this coming Friday for the website? Gots to put in my tithe. :o
"Fulfillment is structured in achievement, Achievement is structured in action, Action is structured in thinking, Thinking is structured in knowledge, Knowledge is structured in consciousness" - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Dayvan Cowboy
d3v3l wrote:I AM RESSURECTED!!! Great to be back posting again. Back on topic here... OH PLEASE GOD I hope you are right.... Another album in such short time since the last one being released would be pimp!!! :D :D

"Such short time," eh? It's been almost 5 years. In considering their history overall, the 7 years between Trans Canada Highway and Tomorrow's Harvest was actually unusually long. We had 2 years between MHRTC and IABPOITC, then 1.5 more before Geogaddi, then 3 years between Geogaddi and Campfire, then 1 between Campfire and Trans Canada.

All I'm sayin' is, it's about time... I hope. :?

d3v3l wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Ha ha!! You made it back in man! ;-)

Oh and before I forget - where is a link I can use to donate this coming Friday for the website? Gots to put in my tithe. :o

Look at the top of the page! There's a donate button right there ;-)

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:In considering their history overall, the 7 years between Trans Canada Highway and Tomorrow's Harvest was actually unusually long. We had 2 years between MHRTC and IABPOITC, then 1.5 more before Geogaddi, then 3 years between Geogaddi and Campfire, then 1 between Campfire and Trans Canada.

All I'm sayin' is, it's about time... I hope. :?

I've been thinking about this and the gap between TCH and TH actually makes a lot of sense when you consider that TH was 17 almost entirely new tracks that clocked in at an hour. The reason I say almost entirely is that BoC said in one interview that one song on TH was a really old one. Granted they didn't say only one song, but based on the only slight similarity to another song being Cold Earth & that one ATP track I'd wager most of the tracks on TH are post-2010ish.

The other albums having smaller gaps could be explained by the reuse of material. Most of MHtRtC has showed up on BOC Maxima and even Old Tunes, so that dates its creation as far back as 1996 for sure. Combined with the fact that it was their first full-length release and that they seemed to be briefly exploring a techno side in 1998/1999 with the last Warp track and XYZ and I'd guess that ideas for Geogaddi were in process as early as 1999. When they released IaBPoitC, interviews from that period showed that they already had the concept of Geogaddi in mind. Plus there's a lot of older material on Geogaddi like The Smallest Weird Number and Flute Frum Thing. 1969 and Julie and Candy were either done or almost done by the end of 2000 due to the Lighthouse performance, and Sunshine Recorder was more or less finished in 2001 from ATP. In an interview from the Geogaddi period one of the brothers said, "We could release a whole album of Roygbiv-like songs now," which I take to refer to The Campfire Headphase. So if that album was done or almost done by 2002, that left them with plenty of time to get Trans Canada Highway ready before 2006 since it only has 4 "new" tracks, one of which isn't new because it appears on R35TT (heard from Telegraph lines == A13 for those who don't know). So that really leaves a ton of time for BoC to come up with Tomorrow's Harvest, and as mentioned earlier, that one seems to be mostly new material.

Unfortunately BoC haven't talked about what they're up to in current interviews (TH period current at least) so I don't have any interview-based predictions about what's going to happen. All the Twitter/YouTube activity certainly seems promising though, especially posting Buckle High on Twitter and subtly letting us know it was written in 1994. I hesitate to make this prediction for the millionth time but maybe we're finally getting some old tunes...

Sherbet Head
this thread is full of shenanigans.

New Seed
Flory wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvBctK9-CIE wtf
I think its fake

Wut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
I think its fake

lmao the channel name is 55/110, someone's fucking about with Opothecary's numbers
Last edited by Nottoolate on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
Nottoolate wrote:
I think its fake

lmao the channel name is 55/110, someone's fucking about with Opothecary's numbers

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:First: What Rye said. Good to see you are still around!

Second: I highly doubt they go anywhere near facer or twitbook.

C: You've got to stop rattling off potential release dates. The more dates you mention, the less choices they will have for potential release dates because that is totally how this works.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1787

Dayvan Cowboy
I think its fake

Probably fake, not sure.

Interesting sounds going on, though.

Dayvan Cowboy
Isn't telling us whether something like the link above is bullshit or not MDG's domain?

The last summoning didn't work, but we could try again.
Six of you, make a hexagonal circle and I will paint myself orange and run nude around the middle making outlandish claims about the Sandisons. That should do it.

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:Isn't telling us whether something like the link above is bullshit or not MDG's domain?
I like reading Opothecary's theories and would also love to see them come true, but I can almost guarantee this is just some user or visitor of the forum messing with us. Even the tags for the video are lackluster and predictable for a fake:
Boards Of Canada, aquarius, ARG, 55\/110, BOC, KANI, AFX
Also unless we're finally getting that TH era follow up EP, I don't really see any reason why they'd continue the whole "Cosecha" thing. MDG is obviously always welcome to come clear the air, but I don't think this will get a rise out of him.

Happy Cycler
Opothecary wrote:
mechanismj wrote:First: What Rye said. Good to see you are still around!

Second: I highly doubt they go anywhere near facer or twitbook.

C: You've got to stop rattling off potential release dates. The more dates you mention, the less choices they will have for potential release dates because that is totally how this works.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1787

Touché! I forgot all about that. Good find.

I still stand by the facebook thing though.

Harmless fun all round. I am considering putting a spreadsheet together of all the dates we've guessed at and then running a sweepstake on which, if any, is correct. I'm serious!

As you were.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
If you would go running around naked and all painted orange amidst a hexagonal bunch I suggest you repeat saying "I love you" running backwards.

We can also by now change the title of the topic to "General old release speculation topic" can't we?

Happy easter bunny's everyone
may good luck, hope, will power and the force be with you
whooosh

Dayvan Cowboy
One very important thought - think about the connection between Hey Saturday Son and Heysanna Hosanna on this Good Friday

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]

The faq is this? Sounds like a Dayvan Cowboy demo/early idea/or someone's take on it? Says found on SC in 2008..

Sherbet Head
Torn n Frayed wrote:The faq is this?

http://bocpages.org/wiki/D_C_(Bit)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada