*The Little Black Box Thread (plus other random twaddle)*

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Moebius wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Biggest surprise about tonight? No speculation about today's date. Surely it's obvious - if you multiple it by the weight, in ounces, of Mike's woolly hat and/or beard, you find that it's either:

a) the release date
b) 27
c) a turquoise hexagon
d) Colin Firth in The King's Speech.

I was a bit confused why it came out the same either way, until I remembered that his woolly hat was made from his own beard.

Schoolboy error - trick question :wink:

Slow down...

Nova Scotia Robot
Mexicola wrote:Biggest surprise about tonight? No speculation about today's date. Surely it's obvious - if you multiple it by the weight, in ounces, of Mike's woolly hat and/or beard, you find that it's either:

a) the release date
b) 27
c) a turquoise hexagon
d) Colin Firth in The King's Speech.

LOL! :lol:

Happy Cycler
My box became a space ship.

I distinctly remember there being empty boxes before both Campfire and Trans Canada.

Also, I'm 27 years old. Coincidence? Nah, I don't believe in that!

Eagle Minded
this may be it, boys...

Posts Quantity
holy shit its happening.

Besides the boc site, what would be the best way to receive an official announcement, the warp newsletter? even if an announcement is a few months away, this is crazy :3

I wonder if this will be the rumored bocset or a new LP...

Nova Scotia Robot
^^ I think it'll be a new LP.

Boqurant
you guys are hysterical.

a.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dayvan Cowboy
so it begins

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:My box became a space ship.

I distinctly remember there being empty boxes before both Campfire and Trans Canada.

Also, I'm 27 years old. Coincidence? Nah, I don't believe in that!

The empty box thing was just for TCH EP. Campfire Headphase was announced via a Warp newsletter. I remember because I was the one who posted about it on here.

Anyway, Warp normally announce releases about 3 months before they come out, so my money is on a June release date...

.....oh no. You had to pick June didn't you. It's our future...I see......I see......lots of talk about the number 9?!?

Slow down...

Nova Scotia Robot
Mexicola wrote:.....oh no. You had to pick June didn't you. It's our future...I see......I see......lots of talk about the number 9?!?

For the last few years I've been going on about something happening on June 9th. Perhaps this year I'll be right.

Dayvan Cowboy
Who else would be gutted if it was only an EP?

Sherbet Head

Dayvan Cowboy
dealer wrote:you guys are hysterical.

a.

And you're not.

I had a good feeling about March. Shit is getting real!!

Nova Scotia Robot
Twoism-ist wrote:Image

LOL Exactly! :lol:

Boqurant
Memories.. The run-up to Geogaddi was short, I remember clearly the empty square with ??? appearing on the old page just about two weeks before the news broke. And I think the release was less than a month after the announcement. I miss that.
Now an 8-10 week gap seems standard for Warp, though sometimes it seems to depend on the artist. Like everyone else, with each announcement of a new release from the label I push the date back further in my mind. I like Bibio and Prefuse, but I know it means May at the earliest. Seems about right now. Maybe the summer record we want, or end of semester reward for some of us. June 9 seems too obvious.. hope we don't have to wait until after to get over the numbers game. I think the twitter feed would be the fastest way to hear the news, I signed up with the intention of not digging around any more and letting the news come to me. Yet here we are;)

One item I hardly ever see mentioned: in an old interview the brothers stated they had an idea of what the last record should sound like, but that it was still miles away. I'm happy for each new release, but I get a little more anxious each time that it could be the last. There are so many gaps we want to fill in before that point.. life can be like that too, and they are very good at reflecting that sort of thing. I have wondered if they are also emotionally difficult records to make. But like anyone I want more. That would be a difficult relationship to have with one's listeners.

One more in a long line of boc-y ramble until the ides..

Eagle Minded
Hey just opened the BoC site to see it for myself and the screen flashed white before it loaded. I've never had the site do that before, has anyone experienced the same thing? (Or am I just crazy)
Last edited by rick7487 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Enough for one night. I've a cold coming and I'm had enough for today. Play nicely you crazy kids.

Slow down...

Nova Scotia Robot
rick7487 wrote:Hey just opened the BoC site to see it for myself and the screen flashed white before it loaded. I've never had the site do that before, has anyone experienced the same thing? (Or am I just crazy)

You're crazy. sorry....

Eagle Minded
747Music wrote:
You're crazy. sorry....

Not surprised. :P
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada