*The Little Black Box Thread (plus other random twaddle)*

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
OOOH MAN I'm freaking out!! :D Best news I have heard in a long, long time

Eagle Minded
OOOOOOOOOOOOH SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Friendly Stranger
I'm staring at the blackness like i'm waiting for an egg to fall out and an album to hatch out of it.
someone's operating the apparatus, operating it at a higher voltage then ever before

Happy Cycler
You know what I like about this thread? WAY more good vibes than there's been recently. This is more like the Twoism I remember from a few years ago.

Good going Mexicola! You're the man.

This is pretty cool. I'm enthused to see if something comes of it :D
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Eagle Minded
This is only the beginning... :shock:

Sherbet Head
Zeffolia wrote:
radiateme wrote:
2020k wrote:What if we get a 3 song EP?

It could be a 17 track EP with 1 second long tracks.

Also, is it just me or has the discography page music stopped playing?

Not just you, happening to me as well. I checked to see if maybe there's a new website track when you click the black box but nothing :P

Thought I'd not say anything though because I assumed it was just my computer

Wasn't that "AVAILABLE HERE" link white instead of orange? I guess the code for the background music got a bit messed up somehow when they changed it?
Last edited by radiateme on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
GRIM.657 wrote:
apriorion wrote:I can't really even shake the feeling that this is some sort of mistake.
I mean yeah, of course, after years of this silence you'd think they would do more than just update the website with a blank box. But if you really think about it, the webmaster of the site had to specifically edit the flash file to include that extra box (unless its dynamic, in which case he still updated an xml file) and then upload those changes. that can not be a mistake, it was purposefully done, even if its not a new album or EP someone still asked someone else to make that change, for a reason. Also, they're using the same blank graphic (confirm?) that they used when this happened with TCH.

this shit is legit.

Right. I see what you mean, and I find it somewhat reassuring. Still, I'm going to reserve my elation for when I see the album art.

Sherbet Head
oh man, its coming.

Sherbet Head
Barely a day old and yet this thread has more posts than a 5 year old one. :)

Eagle Minded
Julian Candy wrote:Barely a day old and yet this thread has more posts than a 5 year old one. :)

That's because this day has become sacred for us BoC enthusiasts :wink:

Posts Quantity
if you look at http://boardsofcanada.com/discog_images/boc12_.png (this is the image that gets loaded in the 'info' section of the discogs, not the little thumbnail on the side, thats boc12t_*) and you zoom in a bit on a white background, it is not entirely blank. the image is mostly transparent (i guess, Im on a netbook without my graphics programs) but there are some black patterns on the top and bottom. its prolly nothing, but im tearing up the site for any clues i can find :p

so much excite :)

Sherbet Head
GRIM.657 wrote:if you look at http://boardsofcanada.com/discog_images/boc12_.png (this is the image that gets loaded in the 'info' section of the discogs, not the little thumbnail on the side, thats boc12t_*) and you zoom in a bit on a white background, it is not entirely blank. the image is mostly transparent (i guess, Im on a netbook without my graphics programs) but there are some black patterns on the top and bottom. its prolly nothing, but im tearing up the site for any clues i can find :p

so much excite :)

The White Album :lol:

Happy Cycler
Check out all the newbies all up in this! Cool beans. Hi former lurkers :lol:
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Posts Quantity
haha hey there :p

Happy Cycler
apriorion wrote:Can't say I'm super-excited. Certainly can deny that I'm hyperventilating or anything like that. I guess I feel like I've been burned so many times (mostly by that guy at watmm, whatshisname and his little practical jokes), that I can't really even shake the feeling that this is some sort of mistake. Let's see what Warp says.

You know, why don't we get an advanced heads up about what's going on here? I mean, we're the loyal ones--why shouldn't we hear something a bit earlier than the rest of the world. I mean, I certainly think I'm entitled (yeah, I used that word--come at me, bro) to find out before those douchebags at Pitchfork. Alas, I'll probably hear about the details of any new releases from those hipster doofusses before I even get the announcement email from Warp.

Well since this is officially on their site and since this has happened once or twice before on their site, I don't think your gonna get burned again. And yes I agree that we should find out first, I hate Pitchfork too.

Eagle Minded
Black Box 4 Evaaaaaaaaaa

Eagle Minded
I've become about as jaded as you can get on this issue, but this is something different - finally after six years the first tangible sign :)

Eagle Minded
I'm so excited for album artwork and track titles. Oh, and wasn't a preview released for The Campfire Headphase [Oscar See Through Red Eye] (I think that was it) and Trans Canada Highway [Heard From Telegraph Lines]? I assume we'll also be getting a preview for this ablum as well!

Also, overhearing that this did happen previously with the black square on the discography page of the website, how long was it from when it first appeared until another TCH update was given??

Dayvan Cowboy
came home feelin' like shit
like, shit shit

got on twoism for funsies, thinking "BOY HOWDY, wouldn't it be cool if there was any sort of news at all but there won't be because sad"

saw that there were 10 users on, shrugged it off as nothing "maybe everyone in united states just got home from work and also wants their no-boc-news fix"

looked at the boards of canada thread
saw this

troubles drift out the window like dandelion seeds flowing with the wind on a spring afternoon

Dayvan Cowboy
Stry Craty Bya wrote:I'm so excited for album artwork and track titles. Oh, and wasn't a preview released for The Campfire Headphase [Oscar See Through Red Eye] (I think that was it) and Trans Canada Highway [Heard From Telegraph Lines]? I assume we'll also be getting a preview for this ablum as well!

Also, overhearing that this did happen previously with the black square on the discography page of the website, how long was it from when it first appeared until another TCH update was given??

i think an earlier page said about 2 months?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada