newcleardawn.com update...

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Archrival wrote:If MDG can't say anything/comment on this I declare him a fraud in my own narrowminded world.
How's life in that peculiar world?

Eagle Minded
Archrival wrote:If MDG can't say anything/comment on this I declare him a fraud in my own narrowminded world.

funny how people get so sour with mdg if he doesn't confirm every little curiosity around here.

Eagle Minded
Distant Nebulus wrote:

funny how people get so sour with mdg if he doesn't confirm every little curiosity around here.

If MDG does not confirm that it's funny that people get so sour when he doesn't confirm every little curiosity around here..... then the earth will implode.

Sherbet Head
nothing to see here....

Posts Quantity
Mexicola wrote:
Jakerpoo wrote:edit: also, does anyone know if the address listed is the same one they used to have up for fan mail?

Pretty sure it's the same PO Box, yes. ie. the same Royal Mail sorting office.

Marcus and mike, get ready for some nude pics..

Happy Cycler
Look guys, it's really simple. MDG is around. He shows up to comment on the obscure things related to the band, like suggesting that "see the rainbow" might mean something, or telling us to "look out for freddy mercury". He was here recently to confirm that a tumblr page was not official, which is important because the page could have spread false information pertaining to BoC. So he's commented on more important things as well.

The fact that he doesn't comment on certain things most likely means that YES, whatever you were thinking is probably true, and denouncing it would be lying, but confirming it would be upfront removing the secrecy.

It's kind of like the Noatak thing. What DO YOU think the chances that a track very close to the same length of one on an album also happens to have a robotic voice saying something very much so along the lines of "noatak", and as soon as the question is phrased, MDG, who was active in that very thread, disappears? :roll:

It could or could not be. What I'm saying though is that there's a pattern to this.

And hey, if he shows up now and denies it, then everyone gets their answer. If he doesn't, then I rest my case.

As for the subject of this thread in particular, he doesn't really have anything to say. The whois has been updated to Hexagon Sun. That's pretty much all there is to it. About all there is to say regarding this is "Yes."
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Posts Quantity
Rodheh wrote: "see the rainbow" "look out for freddy mercury".

hmmm.. i DO see the pattern..

Eagle Minded
Jakerpoo wrote:
Rodheh wrote: "see the rainbow" "look out for freddy mercury".

hmmm.. i DO see the pattern..
:lol:
We had a dream last night. We had the same dream.

Posts Quantity
23degrees dream, like your signature, made me smile, draws me back into time...

MDG we all love you especially Archrival does. He even created a universe for that love
whooosh

Eagle Minded
Basepair wrote:
Distant Nebulus wrote:

If MDG does not confirm that it's funny that people get so sour when he doesn't confirm every little curiosity around here..... then the earth will implode.

Yeah, but did MDG confirm this scenario?

Posts Quantity
There's no use in confirming an official registry?
whooosh

Happy Cycler
PadraïK wrote:There's no use in confirming an official registry?

He could confirm it, it's just that he doesn't need to. The information there is clear enough to show that it is indeed, an official registry.

Rodheh wrote:

He could confirm it, it's just that he doesn't need to. The information there is clear enough to show that it is indeed, an official registry.
Hex Sun registered indeed, but this does not automatically imply BoC relatedness.

Happy Cycler
Fredd-E wrote:
Rodheh wrote:

Hex Sun registered indeed, but this does not automatically imply BoC relatedness.

Well no, of course not. Is that what is being asked for confirmation here?

Because in that case, people have been asking about it for years now and he's never commented on it.

Posts Quantity
Isn't 'relatedness' an obscure notion? I'm sure there's 'BoC relatedness' going on between mdg and BoC. But there's also the same relation between us and BoC. Without a clearer set of necessary and sufficient conditions, the relation is vacuous.

apriorion wrote:Isn't 'relatedness' an obscure notion? I'm sure there's 'BoC relatedness' going on between mdg and BoC. But there's also the same relation between us and BoC. Without a clearer set of necessary and sufficient conditions, the relation is vacuous.
Of course there is a solid connection going on between MDG and BoC. But the fact newcleardawn.com is being registered by Hex Sun (same for boardsofcanada.com) does not have to imply the newcleardawn site has got anything at all to do with the band/brand Boards of Canada.

I reckon they've registered a bit more sites from within Hex Sun just for the sake of convenience.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
I reckon they've registered a bit more sites from within Hex Sun just for the sake of convenience.

If they have, they're not hosting them on the same box. A reverse whois on the domain shows up a bunch of sites most of which are foreign language and registered to other people. Apart from boardsofcanada and newcleardawn there's nothing else there that's theirs.

Happy Cycler
What do you reckon is the reason?
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Eagle Minded
Distant Nebulus wrote:
Basepair wrote:
Distant Nebulus wrote:

Yeah, but did MDG confirm this scenario?

if he doesn't will people be sour?

fujee wrote:What do you reckon is the reason?
The reasoning behind what exactly?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada